: Picked up my 2006 CTS-V tonight :)

Georges06CTS-V
12-10-05, 02:11 AM
Hello everyone this is my 1st post on this forum. :yup: I finally took delivery of my 2006 black on black CTS-V this evening. I absolutly love this thing so far. I made sure the dealership didn't wash the car or pull the plastic off so I have some detailing to do tomorrow. Then sometime next week I'll have the windows tinted and that clear bra stuff done and be done with the car. :)

I had a 2003 Corvette ZO6 that I traded in on the 2006 CTS-V and during the wait for the new car the dealership let me drive a 2004 CTS-V for a week and a 2003 CTS for a few weeks. Once I get some more miles on the V I'll give some feedback on all of the cars.

George

LittleB
12-10-05, 02:13 AM
Awesome!! :D :thumbsup: You must be so excited...nice choice by the way with the black on black!

arr0gant
12-10-05, 02:47 AM
Awusum. I am SO jealous of black on black. It's just so pimp! Enjoy!! :cloud9:

stkshkr
12-10-05, 03:54 AM
Congrats...have a ball

kjr39
12-10-05, 04:02 AM
Congrats! I should have mine this week.

Clear bra stuff? What's that?

dqw1
12-10-05, 09:52 AM
:welcome:

Georges06CTS-V
12-10-05, 11:56 AM
Congrats! I should have mine this week.
Clear bra stuff? What's that?
Here is a link to some info on the clear bra - http://www.imperialarmor.com/
It's basically a clear sheet that protects your front bumper, part of your hood, headlights, behind front and rear tires. Everywhere where you normally get rock chips. Stuff works well but must be done correctly to look good.
George

heavymetals
12-10-05, 01:26 PM
Welcome!

Your DOOMED.....

Sounds like your getting your mods lined up.

Replace the shifter with the UUC.

It is an improvement, but it still won't feel like the shifting in the Vette.:(

The only way to have the best of both worlds is to have both.

livingthedream
12-10-05, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the 06 and welcome to the forums... this is a great place for news, learning and lots of fun.

:yup: Some already said get the UUC shifter, do it! It changed my life... I loved the car, now we (me and the car) are MEAN!

Had a Jeep Cherokee with the 5.7 HEMI try to play with me this morning on the way back from Starbucks on Chapman. That was his mistake!!!

The coffee I had to wipe off the center console was worth it :sneaky:

Anyone know a good clear bra shop in SOCAL? Want to buff out my platinum, shoot a couple coats of clear and then clear bra.

livingthedream (the CTS-V Dream)......
turn the key and smile,
triple digits at least once a day is what the doctor orders for all stress release and former cancer patients.....