: Anyone find a solution for the creaky bushings?

slow35th
12-09-05, 06:44 PM
Mine started creaking today. They were installed a few months ago with anti-seize. They only creak when you are inching forward in traffic. Is that what everyone is experiencing?

urbanski
12-09-05, 06:52 PM
i get it with twisting motions, like going over speedbumps offset, or out my slanted driveway.
next time i'm under there i'm spraying some PB in there.
All ideas I've read about are temporary so far.

Mat347
12-09-05, 07:12 PM
Anyone try graphite? It's actually a fine powder and will not collect dust like oil based lubes will.

urbanski
12-10-05, 02:16 PM
PB didn't work
its still my grandmas staircase :p

TracerHawk
12-10-05, 04:14 PM
How annoying/loud is this creaking? No fixes for this, other than having to lube it up yourself every couple weeks? I'm looking at the 06 CTS-V and its my top choice right now, but man, spending 50k on a car to have it creak would be lame, and having to crawl up under it every couple weeks to lube it up (if this fixes it) is pretty crazy to have to do on a car of this caliber. Anyone have any simple fixes that dont require constant care like re-lubing it all the time?

slow35th
12-10-05, 05:18 PM
I got a little wheel hop today and it quit creaking. Cold weather I guess.

04CTSVFLA
12-10-05, 05:28 PM
How annoying/loud is this creaking? No fixes for this, other than having to lube it up yourself every couple weeks? I'm looking at the 06 CTS-V and its my top choice right now, but man, spending 50k on a car to have it creak would be lame, and having to crawl up under it every couple weeks to lube it up (if this fixes it) is pretty crazy to have to do on a car of this caliber. Anyone have any simple fixes that dont require constant care like re-lubing it all the time?

In general the more refined the automobile is, the more you need to do to maintain it....ferraris, bugatti, lambo, mclarnen-mercedes, etc are constantly needing to be tweaked tuned bolts tightened etc. Im not saying our cars compare to those, but we got lots of hp and tq and each little bolt need be fully torqued or you will here the creaks and sounds bc of all the power being transfered at those points. If you want a car you wont have to maintain get a Hyundai - first service at 100k right? LOL.

Joey'sVee
12-11-05, 03:34 PM
In general the more refined the automobile is, the more you need to do to maintain it....ferraris, bugatti, lambo, mclarnen-mercedes, etc are constantly needing to be tweaked tuned bolts tightened etc. Im not saying our cars compare to those, but we got lots of hp and tq and each little bolt need be fully torqued or you will here the creaks and sounds bc of all the power being transfered at those points. If you want a car you wont have to maintain get a Hyundai - first service at 100k right? LOL.

Dude the bushing creaking doesn't happen because our car is refined like a farrari. The guy is right. For 50K you shouldn't need to oil bushings every two weeks!

CVP33
12-11-05, 03:45 PM
I have the solution and I'm on my way out to jack my V up once again and spray all purpose lube on the bushings again. Just the passenger side is creaking today. I believe this week when we had all our rain a trip through a puddle probably blew out all the lube on the right side. I try to never hit deep water on the left due to the open element CAI.

Redline
12-12-05, 10:16 AM
Got my bushings installed about 2 months ago -- creaking started a few weeks ago. SUCKS! Sounds like the right rear the is the current culprit. Need to get under there and try to lube? Any other suggestions? It's very loud and annoying backing up out of the garage, etc. SUCKS! Otherwise, much better for the hop issue.

lawfive
12-12-05, 12:42 PM
Mine started creaking today. They were installed a few months ago with anti-seize. They only creak when you are inching forward in traffic. Is that what everyone is experiencing?

Specter Werks bushings. No creak. :thumbsup:

jspridge
12-12-05, 01:20 PM
I've had the bushings since they first became available. I had a little creaking right after they were installed, and I also noticed that the hop was worse than before. While installing the Magnaflow, I checked the cradle bolts and discovered that they were not tightened enough. I retightened all of them with an air ratchet, and I have not had any noise since (over 10K miles driven since I tightened the cradle bolts).

Rickerbucks
12-15-05, 12:37 AM
I have had them about three months. Its freezing right now and the bushing squeak BADLY. ALL THE TIME.

I'm seriously thinking of going back to stock. I was disappointed with the wheel hop solution. Its still seems pretty bad to me.

I went to the dealer and asked them to look into it. They sprayed it with something at the last oil change but that lasted about 2 days and the squeak has never been worse.

MLV
12-15-05, 10:09 PM
Tightening the bolts has fixed the creaking...for now.

CVP33
12-15-05, 10:14 PM
I tried re-torquing mine. No improvement. 140 and 180 ft/lbs. right?

arr0gant
12-15-05, 11:04 PM
Is this the same thing as me going over speed-bumps (does it 'specially when it's colder) and hearing loud creaking from only the front? It goes "errrrrr, eeeeee, errrrr, errrr, errr, er." WHAT THE HELL? My car only has 7k!! I had the bushings done, those don't squeek. Do I have to take it back to the shop already?

Lindsay Cadillac
12-16-05, 07:08 AM
Is this the same thing as me going over speed-bumps (does it 'specially when it's colder) and hearing loud creaking from only the front? It goes "errrrrr, eeeeee, errrrr, errrr, errr, er." WHAT THE HELL? My car only has 7k!! I had the bushings done, those don't squeek. Do I have to take it back to the shop already?
That's probably coming from the front sway bar bushings. Just need to lube them up more than likely... Your dealer should be able to take care of that. Worst case they may hae to replace the bushings which is no big deal either. Or you could just take this opportunity to put some Hotchkis sway bars on... :cool2: