: Dunlop Winter Sport M3s

V Amazed
12-08-05, 11:59 PM
Just ordered me some Dunlop M3s. Hopefully should be in in a few days. Hope they work well. Stock size. Comments from anyone who has them?

Ben

markbinkc
12-09-05, 12:05 AM
Just ordered me some Dunlop M3s. Hopefully should be in in a few days. Hope they work well. Stock size. Comments from anyone who has them?

Ben

Very good tires. Used them for about 3 months last year here in KC. Car was a tank in the snow. Still throw some weight in the trunk, though. Wish I'd known you wanted some. I would've sold you mine with about 90% of the tread for a very discounted price.

Mark

V Amazed
12-09-05, 06:53 AM
Very good tires. Used them for about 3 months last year here in KC. Car was a tank in the snow. Still throw some weight in the trunk, though. Wish I'd known you wanted some. I would've sold you mine with about 90% of the tread for a very discounted price.

Mark

Damn, wish I would've known. I go to school in Lawrence. You on the MO side or the Kansas side? Given the snow we just got, my car's been parked in the garage for a few days, but imma need to get around eventually. Did they handle this recent snow decently?

Ben

arr0gant
12-09-05, 11:01 AM
Just bought a set of those. Get them put on Mon.

benh
12-09-05, 11:17 AM
ordered them and getting them installed Monday also...

arr0gant
12-09-05, 11:26 AM
ordered them and getting them installed Monday also...
How much did you pay? I got the set of 4 for $1125.00 installed. That is WITHOUT road hazzard warranty. They are, however, storing my un-used tires in the warehouse year-round.

waswas
12-09-05, 11:30 AM
I've had mine on four weeks...two snow storms...

Last year with the stock run flats, couldn't even get thru two inches of snow. Today's 4-6 inches is easy with the M3's. Evem the snow-plow-generated pile at the end of my drive is no problem.
Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty easy to "break them loose", but not at all like the stock tires. I am happy with them

markbinkc
12-09-05, 11:40 AM
Damn, wish I would've known. I go to school in Lawrence. You on the MO side or the Kansas side? Given the snow we just got, my car's been parked in the garage for a few days, but imma need to get around eventually. Did they handle this recent snow decently?

Ben

Actually, I don't have them on the car anymore, which is why I'm willing to sell them. Got me a winter Saturn Vue Redline AWD. Car's now back to get forged internals, a blower cam, and a stroker kit. Should be looking at 600RWHP, and that wouldn't jive with these winters. Oh, and I'm on the Missouri side. Lawrence is only 35min away. Could've brought them up to you and saved you about 6 or 7 bones.

Mark

TLdot
12-09-05, 05:40 PM
Mark,

Not to thread hi-jaak..

I'm in Shawnee, Kansas and looking for a set of winters. Give me a call to chat.... 913-TWO-TWO-ZERO-8669.

Thanks!

benh
12-09-05, 10:14 PM
I'm paying $230 per plus installation.

MCTS-V
12-09-05, 11:53 PM
I've had them on for about a month now and they are excellent in the snow you won't be sorry you bought them. I had the M2's on my previous 5 series and they too were great. I got the non runflats, though, and they ride a hell of a lot better than the stock F1's; I am considering non runflat summer tires when the stockers finally wear out. Just have to hope roadside assistance is in a good mood when I call.

drmustang
12-10-05, 07:10 AM
I've had them on for a week now and they work in the snow. The ride is softer and the wheel hop is gone, softer sidewalls?

end9472
12-10-05, 09:40 AM
Winter tires a must if you drive the V in winter months. I have a set of Wintersports and agree with waswas that they will provide traction in the snow. Just don't expect to keep up with the all wheel and 4-wheel drive vehicles on the road (although many of those folks can't drive regardless of their vehicle capabilities).

We just had 6 inches in Chicago, and I was able to get around fine. The back end will break loose fairly easily, so be careful and use a higher gear.

StealthV
12-10-05, 10:22 AM
No hop with Wintersports? Mine still hop like mad; just not as severe - basically a smaller amplitude.