: Wife's Escalade was just Stolen-Question

Art138
12-08-05, 10:44 PM
My had her escalade stolen at Pembroke Pines shopping Mall here in Southern Florida. Question: how easy are these machines to steal. She was gone 35 minutes when the incident happened. She double clicked and locked the vehicle-I though there was a fuel disable function. Any thoughts.

Boombotz
12-08-05, 11:01 PM
They are very easy to steal, and from what we hear the stock alarm is crap and takes someone very little time to bypass the PASS code security function.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope everything works out for you.

Dirty One
12-09-05, 01:18 AM
hey Art, sorry for the loss. I live in plantation. If you can describe the truck for me i'll keep an eye out. Any distinquishing features would help me.

Damien

cadnathan
12-09-05, 04:23 AM
It's unfortunate, but all one dumbass needs is a screwdriver and he's in. Had it happen to one of my escalades. Within 20 minutes of being at the mall, the head unit was gone. Amazes me still how dumb a huge car manufacturer can be with their door locks.

Synergetic
12-09-05, 04:42 AM
Amazes me still how dumb a huge car manufacturer can be with their door locks.

Cadillac makes more money if an Escalade is stolen and was unable to be tracked. The only one that loses on that deal is the insurance company.

Sorry about the ladies ride. Thats too bad. Break a kneecap if you ever find them!

hcvone
12-09-05, 08:43 AM
That sucks for sure, the funny thing is I leave my keys in my Escalade all the time, no one looks twice at it where I live.

cadnathan
12-09-05, 03:27 PM
That sucks for sure, the funny thing is I leave my keys in my Escalade all the time, no one looks twice at it where I live.

What's your address?

:burn:

hcvone
12-10-05, 08:40 AM
Huntingdon Valley Pa, Escalade's are a dime a dozen, no one even looks twice at them.

Escolade
12-10-05, 09:24 PM
Sorry to hear that your truck got stolen. These Escalades get stolen all the time because they are one of the most attractive vehicles on the road, and low lifes come by, know that they have a high demand and steal them. I hate it, if you want one get a job and buy yourself one. If you can't afford one, nobody cares, don't steal someone elses. I get real fired up, I'm sorry.