: Has anyone installed vizualogic headrest

jett1
12-08-05, 09:00 PM
If anyone on here has installed vizualogic headrest in a escalade, can you please tell me what you used to pull the cables down through the seat. I'm trying to install in a 2004 escalade. Instructions say use a rigid wire "fishing tool". Don't know what that is. Thanks

99escalademan
12-08-05, 09:17 PM
Same thing as electricians use to wire a house through walls.Its basically wire with weight to it and you attach the cables and fish it through.

Boombotz
12-08-05, 09:32 PM
It's also called a Fish Tape.

brett79
12-09-05, 02:21 AM
I installed mine about a year and a half ago, I think I used a coat hanger.

gredneck
12-09-05, 07:02 AM
where did you fish the wire through?
did you cut a hole in the seat under the headrest?
or did you fish it through where the headrest mounts to the seat?

thanks

brett79
12-09-05, 10:05 AM
Like I said, it was over a year ago, but Im almost positive I did no cutting. I'll check it tonight, but I think I sent it through the mount.

gredneck
12-09-05, 06:55 PM
thanks i appreciate it

brett79
12-12-05, 09:42 AM
Doh, I totally forgot to check. I will, I promise!

jrs05caddyext
12-12-05, 11:38 AM
Were can you find these monitors sold w/o the headrest.

brett79
12-12-05, 11:57 AM
Ebay. Thats's where I bought mine.

jrs05caddyext
12-12-05, 12:00 PM
Ebay. Thats's where I bought mine.

how much did you pay if you dont mine me asking

brett79
12-12-05, 01:21 PM
how much did you pay if you dont mine me asking

I couldn't remember the exact amount, so I just checked paypal....they had it. $139 per. They also had a website for the ebayer who I bought them from:
http://www.ex-audio.com/shop/index.php

These are no-name monitors, but they have a lot of the same parts as your big named electronic makers. The picture quality is pretty nice. It isn't nearly as good as my Kenwood head unit, but it definitely does the job in the back, and none of my passengers have ever complained.

I bought mine a while ago, looks like they are CHEAP now. $86
http://www.ex-audio.net/shop/product_info.php/products_id/44/manufacturers_id/6

I also bought a set of extra headrest's off of ebay, incase I messed up the cutting.

brett79
12-14-05, 10:39 AM
I remembered to look this morning. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the headrest, and then ran the cable under the plastic square looking peice on the seat itself. You cannot see the wires at all.

gredneck
12-14-05, 06:56 PM
hey thanks, I was looking at the plastic square piece area and was wondering if I could do that.

jett1
12-16-05, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions for fishing the cables through. I tried the hanger first and now the hanger is stuck down in the hole. I tried 25' fish tape and it goes down the hole but don't come out through bottom of the seat. If anyone has put these in or seen it done please let me know what kind of fishing tape you used or something i can use that is similar to fish tape but a little shorter than 25'. Do anybody know of a installer in the north carolina area? Thanks again

jrs05caddyext
03-21-06, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestions for fishing the cables through. I tried the hanger first and now the hanger is stuck down in the hole. I tried 25' fish tape and it goes down the hole but don't come out through bottom of the seat. If anyone has put these in or seen it done please let me know what kind of fishing tape you used or something i can use that is similar to fish tape but a little shorter than 25'. Do anybody know of a installer in the north carolina area? Thanks again

Just wondering what the outcome was on this project?