: Thank-you Air Marshals

Katshot
12-08-05, 03:38 PM
In the first (first publicized anyway) armed response to possible terrorist attacks on an airliner, I was EXTREMELY pleased to see that at last one of the programs enacted by the federal government after 9/11 actually worked!

IMO, The air marshals performed their duties perfectly. Anyone have anything else to say about it?

Spyder
12-08-05, 04:00 PM
I agree with you 100%. No complaints at all about what happened.

Spyder
12-08-05, 04:01 PM
Oh, and it WAS funnier than hell watching them blow up some of the bags that other passengers had brought on... :)

Boombotz
12-08-05, 05:24 PM
I thought the reaction was quick and the whole operation went very smoothly. Makes me feel a little safer! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :highfive:

Elvis
12-08-05, 06:20 PM
They won't let this one die a quiet death. Even though the guy was off his medication and practically begging to be shot, he'll be a martyr to some cause or another.

The wife will probably sue somebody over this, when in fact she may be the one most responsible for his behavior and subsequent death.

If those guys drew on me, I'd be as apologetic as possible and hit the deck immediately. Airplanes and airports aren't good places to test authority figures. It's been over four years since 9/11, and I haven't heard of the Marshals abusing their authority yet.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-05, 06:24 PM
I'm glad that he did it, it shows that airline security is really a great idea.

Katshot
12-08-05, 06:26 PM
Another interesting tid-bit I heard was that Air Marshals have the best marksmanship ratings of all government agents. I can understand why but I was still impressed to hear that.
Just when you're sure the government can't do anything right, a story like this pops up. Two thumbs up for all involved in the program, I say.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: