: rear end whine?

sharky1
12-08-05, 02:07 PM
need a little help..put my stock exhaust back on, and I hear what sounds like a howl from the rear, only on load, not when clutch is depressed...most noticeable in 5yh/6th on light load...is the whine ?

moldowan
12-08-05, 07:38 PM
Red Red WHINE!
whine don't you take it to the dealer
I don't know whine I bought a GM car?

:crying2: =Whine

in other words............................yes.............. .........and it get worse-sorry!
-moldy

Mat347
12-08-05, 07:52 PM
Mine is heard best from 44-46mph. It was pretty loud when I brought it in and my dealer swapped it without question. I had NO mods at the time. Dealers vary greatly on mods...so to be on the safe side make it stock as possible before you take it in. My new rear developed a slight whine already and does not seem to be getting any worse. It's NOT the new part number though...the new ones may be standard replacement now...dont know.

sharky1
12-08-05, 09:00 PM
come on guys, a little help here....I dont want to go the dealer and have him tell me this is normal? What should I be looking for? It seems odd to me there is no noise when the clutch is depressed....all of you whine guys, how does yours react? Thx

moldowan
12-08-05, 11:32 PM
exactly like you wrote it!!! That IS the whine.
My dealer said no prob on replacement BUT.......... the computer still shows the old diff #.
Lindsay caddy says if you order the diff the new part # arrives. I am a bit skeptical so I'm holding off until the computers at the dealers reflect the new # or it is comfirmed that all orders will be the new Part # regardless of what the computer says!!
Only way to tell is to go into the dealer and see what they say to you.
Good Luck to you,
-Moldy

urbanski
12-09-05, 07:51 AM
exactly like you wrote it!!! That IS the whine.
My dealer said no prob on replacement BUT.......... the computer still shows the old diff #.
Lindsay caddy says if you order the diff the new part # arrives. I am a bit skeptical so I'm holding off until the computers at the dealers reflect the new # or it is comfirmed that all orders will be the new Part # regardless of what the computer says!!
Only way to tell is to go into the dealer and see what they say to you.
Good Luck to you,
-Moldy
moldy
i just e-mailed Cavender, saying Lindsay said the new PN is in the computers. When did they tell you it isn't??
(going there today)

GT04CTS-V
12-09-05, 08:58 AM
Just had the 06 Diff installed in my car yesterday. Looking at the diff, the one thing that stands out is the ribs are much thicker. They did insist that I break it in properly for the first 500 miles. No fast starts, no constant speeds, etc. We'll see. But for now, it's quiet as a mouse.

With my old diff, the whine was most noticable under light loads around 46-52 mph. When you press the clutch pedal - presto - the noise dissappears. It was also leaking from the drivers side housing.

GT

sharky1
12-09-05, 09:19 AM
thanks all, thats what i've got..think i'll pull my cai before I take it in...think they'll pick up on the stealth tune?

Mat347
12-09-05, 02:15 PM
thanks all, thats what i've got..think i'll pull my cai before I take it in...think they'll pick up on the stealth tune?

If they look they will find it. Which is why I'm wanting to get a new CPU and have a Steath tune on that, leaving my CPU just as the shop left it.

All it might take is them wanting to update the CPU with the latest software like any GOOD shop would do.

kjr39
01-15-06, 02:33 PM
FYI: I have the same thing on my '06. Heard it today.

Starts at 58-60 and gets louder up to 65 and stays constant...

Taking it in on Monday...

Flyboy
01-15-06, 04:31 PM
kjr39......

S$#@ !!!

Is about all I can say. This is not rocket science....this SHOULD NOT be happening....

Closer_2001
01-15-06, 05:02 PM
Lindsay caddy says if you order the diff the new part # arrives.

That is correct.

kjr39
01-17-06, 01:46 PM
FYI, I'm getting a new diff.

Total miles on the car......600.

/I think I am going to cry.

Kadonny
01-17-06, 01:56 PM

:( :(

stkshkr
01-17-06, 03:06 PM
Mine went in to the dealer yesterday for the whine, haven't heard anything from them yet, but the longer they take..... I'll assume they're putting in a new one.
We'll see what happens

heavymetals
01-17-06, 03:12 PM

You ought to be happy!:thepan:

At least your getting yours fixed, unlike some others here.

austin
01-17-06, 04:17 PM
FYI.... Somebody recently posted something similar to this, not a whine though but a 6th gear vibration. Dout it's releated but worth a look. Here is the link;

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60566