: HCV Installation Question

tlarwa
12-08-05, 10:35 AM
Quick question ... when I go to replace my HCV valve, do I need to block the lines going into it? I assume the coolant will run out all over if I don't. If so, which lines need to be blocked, and any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Or, do I need to drain the coolant first? How is this accomplished?

Thanks!

AllenPacla
12-08-05, 08:56 PM
You don't need to block any hose since you won't be replacing it while the car is running. And i suggest that you do the job with the engine cool enough to touch or you might burn yourself since you will have to do a lot of reaching and squeezing in your hands. It would help if you have small hands. Before you do the job, buy an aftermarket hose clamp that tightens by turning a screw and just replace those OEM clamps that are just a pain in the butt to remove.

ewill3rd
12-09-05, 08:49 AM
There is not enough room to block off the hoses to keep from losing some coolant.
Make sure you notice which hoses go where. If you hook them up wrong you won't have any heat.
You know to remove the cowl pieces I guess?

tlarwa
12-09-05, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure if there was any pressure in the system that would let the coolant flow or not. I guess the only coolant loss will be what happens to be in the hoses. I have printed the installation procedure from the forum, so I should be good to go ...