: wipers

ahahnu
12-08-05, 10:35 AM
Anyone replaced their wipers? What size make etc?

StealthV
12-08-05, 12:00 PM
On the shelf at home I've got new Bosch Micro Edge Excel ready to go. Haven't installed them yet but will in the next few weeks.

http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/

Bosch part numbers:

40921 Micro Edge Excel Passenger's Side
40922 Micro Edge Excel Driver's Side

40721 Micro Edge Passenger's Side
40722A Micro Edge Driver's Side

47720 Winter Blade Passenger's Side
47722 Winter Blade Driver's Side

ctsvett
12-08-05, 12:30 PM
I have been thinking about trying the new Ultimate wiper blades by Valeo... They are a bit more expensive, but are ONE piece and do not lift/ shudder at speed...

anyone try them yet?

They are sold by tirerack (and supposedly walmart on the east coast)

Reed

homer403
12-08-05, 05:43 PM
I brought the Valeo blades about 2 months ago from Tire Rack and what a difference they make. Besides the clean look, no streaks (noise and visual) when cleaning. Worth every penny. :yup:

Mat347
12-08-05, 08:09 PM
I have the Bosch excel, they are OK...I'll have to try the Valeos next.

vseries
01-15-07, 05:35 PM
I got the bosch 40721 and 40722a today and the drivers side does not have the spoiler on it and is a bit shorter, Do they make the correct ones aftermarket or dealer only?

homer403
01-15-07, 08:55 PM
I got the Valeo blades a year ago from Tire Rack... and i wouldn't go back to anything else. Besides the low profile clean look, they also are streak and noise free. Highly recommended.

ChicagoCTS32
01-15-07, 09:14 PM
RobertCTS got the Valeo's and liked them. I bought knock off valeo/bosch icon's for my gf's car and they work great. I have PIAA super sporza (no lift and shudder at speed) and I like them, but they don't last the year like they claim. They might if you were in a warmer climate and didn't have to deal with the freezing winters.

I'm going to try the Bosch Icons in about a month when I figure my PIAA's will crap out. I have 10 months on the PIAA's so that's a pretty good run.

stkshkr
01-15-07, 10:15 PM
I had to turn my wipers on once....that was an awful day and i hope it never happens again

nxlr8
01-15-07, 11:00 PM
I bought the Valeo's from TR as well... threw a set on the wife's car and she loves 'em... still haven't put em on the V yet... they are sitting on the counter in the garage...:(

jnrandall
01-15-07, 11:28 PM
I've been using the Bosch Icon blades. They're very effective.

http://www.jrandall.com/ctsv/icon540.jpg

ahahnu
01-15-07, 11:34 PM
I had to turn my wipers on once....that was an awful day and i hope it never happens again I wish that could be true. Like your avitar too.

ctsvett
01-16-07, 12:14 AM
I got Valeos... Love em...

Reed

japx
01-16-07, 05:28 AM
Folks:
Don't waste any money on the Bosch wipers. They are the worst wipers I have ever installed on a car. They wre on the car for a period of a whole 2 weeks before being replaced with simple ANCO's..... Couldn't take the streaks, wiper hopping across the windshield etc....

vseries
01-16-07, 08:45 AM
I orderd the Bosch Icons this morning, My parts guy couldnt valeos. Japx do the ANCO's have spoilers on them , I noticed on the cts even the pass side has a slight ramp on one side for wind noise and function i'd guess.

jnrandall
01-16-07, 08:48 AM
Folks:
Don't waste any money on the Bosch wipers. They are the worst wipers I have ever installed on a car. They wre on the car for a period of a whole 2 weeks before being replaced with simple ANCO's..... Couldn't take the streaks, wiper hopping across the windshield etc....

Interesting cause I've been using Bosch Excel wipers on all my vehicles since 1989 and never had issues with them. I change them every 6 months or so. Perhaps you had a bad or stale batch.

nikon
01-16-07, 09:30 AM
I've been using the bosch icons for over a year now and love em' had em on my tahoe and I put some on the V, I couldn't be happier.

patentguy
01-16-07, 01:26 PM
Tire Rack has buy one get one free.
Both wipers for only $19.99.

vseries
01-16-07, 06:58 PM
I got the icons and there neat looking and slim, ???? tme my guy got me part numbers 4022a and 4022b , I put "A" on the drivers side but I could not see any difference in them but they work GREat !! and quite too.

GASCARRACER
01-17-07, 03:13 AM
Please forgive this post for being a little off subject. I have just starting :worship: RainX. Coolest thing sence the invention of the ice cube. Now I can see when it is raining. In some cases I wouldn't have to use the wipers at all.

Give it a try.

nikon
01-17-07, 08:53 AM
Please forgive this post for being a little off subject. I have just starting :worship: RainX. Coolest thing sence the invention of the ice cube. Now I can see when it is raining. In some cases I wouldn't have to use the wipers at all.

Give it a try.

lol, I've been using rain-x for a while..on the windshield, side windows, rear view mirrors+the sun-roof....I love the stuff...and I too barely ever use my wipers.

nxlr8
01-17-07, 10:35 AM
Rain-X rules...
Valeo's rule...

CTS-V rules...

'nuff said

nikon
01-17-07, 11:14 AM
Rain-X rules...
Valeo's rule...

CTS-V rules...

'nuff said

:worship:

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 12:05 PM
I'm going to be rain-x'ing my V this weekend.

But i think i'm going to pick up some Valeo's as well, they are on silly discount at TR right now (buy one get one free)

p.s. this postwhoring is fun, only 23 more until PM's