: What Is Your Job?

CaddyCrisis
12-08-05, 01:03 AM
I was just wondering what everyone on the forum did for a source of income.

I am a chef at a hotel :bouncy: LOL.

medicz28
12-08-05, 01:06 AM
Paramedic about to be Fire-medic.:dance:

DopeStar 156
12-08-05, 01:11 AM
I sell cigarettes to 13 year olds outside of middle schools for one half times their value.

CaddyCrisis
12-08-05, 01:14 AM
I sell cigarettes to 13 year olds outside of middle schools for one half times their value.

NICE!

Jesda
12-08-05, 01:35 AM
Student.

IT guy, working for my folks. I dont get to work much, but I do get healthcare and a gas allowance.

Kev
12-08-05, 01:41 AM
Student.

IT guy, working for my folks. I dont get to work much, but I do get healthcare and a gas allowance.Jesda, you oughta see if you can get Mom to throw in a few meals so you don't have to get any more of those nasty McRib thingies! :D

N0DIH
12-08-05, 02:07 AM
I am working at a world leading cell phone deisgn company in Chicagoland, my current project just shipping is called E770, next is going to be much cooler! I write component specifications and qualify parts for those cell phones, working with the electrical component suppliers to develop the parts and supply them to us and the qualification info that we need. I used to work in the factory on them analyzing manufacturing failures. Then got into Engineering and learned Mentor Graphics and the mess of Automotive parts qualification. I have been all over Engineering, from portable analog cell phones, to analog mobile phones, to OnStar (several iterations of) and Mercedes Benz E-Call2, to 3G cell phones.

Playdrv4me
12-08-05, 02:44 AM
IT Support for a BofA Call center.

N0DIH, Im sure you are privvy to all the up and coming technologies in the cell phone industry. I recently picked up an XV6600 from UTStarcom so I could get on the EV-DO bandwagon. I love it, I cant believe how quickly one can surf on a phone of all things these days. Ive heard that with CDMA it actually requires hardware upgrades to the network which take longer to roll out, while with GPRS (T-Mobile, Cingular) all they have to do is software updates, but their system is slower (EDGE) and has some lag time associated with it.

Spyder
12-08-05, 03:38 AM
Beerslinger Extraordinare and Listener to of all The Worlds Problems.

davesdeville
12-08-05, 03:47 AM
Circuit City's warehouse bitch. I mean warehouse associate.

I actually like it there, all the customer service people except one and most salespeople are douchebags, but the warehouse crew is cool. And $9/hr isn't bad.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-08-05, 04:05 AM
I'm CEO of a medium sized colocation and server hosting company in London.

Playdrv4me
12-08-05, 04:39 AM
I'm CEO of a medium sized colocation and server hosting company in London.

Heh... I used to work for what was probably one of your competitors... Rackspace. I used to do Managed Backup services there, they have a datacenter in London.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-08-05, 04:58 AM
Rackspace are certainly larger than us.

And we didn't do the full management stuff.

But now we do...

:want:

Jesda
12-08-05, 05:14 AM
Rackspace has Lissa!
http://www.rackspace.com/html/images/header-home.jpg

She can support me anytime.

Playdrv4me
12-08-05, 05:16 AM
Rackspace are certainly larger than us.
And we didn't do the full management stuff.
But now we do...
:want:

Well... if it gives you any idea...

I worked for the bank up until May of 2004... I returned to the bank in February of 05'... It was not my favorite job, and I was offered substantially more than I make now to come back. I think its a fine company, but the Backup department just wasnt for me.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-08-05, 05:28 AM
They're meant to be very good. Although how much of that is their claim of fanatical support vs actual support I don't know.

We've had some customers of theirs move over to us and we've also won contracts against them, but I suspect that's due to their rather steep pricing as opposed to anything else.

If I wasn't in this business myself and was considering a company for hosting my business site they'd certainly be on my shortlist.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-08-05, 05:29 AM
Jesda: I bet the chance of you speaking to her is 1 in a million. Bet you get to speak to Jaime most of the time, lol!!! (assuming those are pictures of the actual staff in the first place!)

70eldo
12-08-05, 06:46 AM
I am in design application support for Airbus in Hamburg. If designers have problems or questions regarding their design program, I help them out. Mainly CatiaV4 if that says anything to anybody...

SpeedyArizona
12-08-05, 08:51 AM
I'm a real estate agent in the Phoenix area :D.

RobertCTS
12-08-05, 09:02 AM
Same thing for 30 years. I own a manufacturing business of corrugated paper inner packaging..those divider thingies inside the cardboard boxes.
Rock solid business as users keep throwing them away!

90Brougham350
12-08-05, 09:09 AM
Student, living off what meager means I can find; however, as campus security put it, "is your job to give us a hard time around here? (regarding the golf-cart) I guess I'm campus Hell-raiser.

Elvis
12-08-05, 09:59 AM
I'm a communications programmer, primarily async/dial-up applications--yes, people still do that. We focus on drug, grocery, and hardware wholesalers. We're a small family business, celebrating our 25th anniversary in February. I've been with the company 20 consecutive years in April. I was a gopher in the beginning, left for a few years and came back. I guess it's mine now, but we've never made a big deal out if it. I've been calling the shots for the last ten years or so.

DBA-One
12-08-05, 10:09 AM
I'm a database admin primarily but I'm also our network admin. I do development in PL/SQL, T-SQL and tons of Crystal reports. I write a lot of import/export utilities for banks as well.

tru504187211
12-08-05, 10:17 AM
Didn't know the board was filled with IT guys! I am about to add another to the list...I am the web guy for the next county south of Milwaukee, which is recently setting up/ maintaining/ networking an additional entire domain to allow uploading and logging in for outside municipalities whom the county doesnt want touching the actual County domain...so web plus networking tech!

slk230mb
12-08-05, 10:49 AM
I'm a student. At school I have a job as ResCon (Residential Consultant). I get assigned a dorm building and I am the tech support for all of the resident's computer troubles. There are about 220 people in my building and everyone has a computer. During the summer/winter breaks I work in the MIS dept. of a childrens health care agency. I'm officially the 'intern' so that ranges from phone tech support, maintaining the graveyard, to pretty much anything you can name. They gave me a lot more to do towards the end of this past summer and I expect nothing different when I go back this winter.

OffThaHorseCEO
12-08-05, 10:58 AM
I sell and service automobile insurance policies for Nationwide Insurance, I also help to maintain the appearance and organization of the stockroom and sales floor of Tommy Hilfiger company stores

hows that for makin a crappy job sound good?

mccombie_5
12-08-05, 12:31 PM
I am an architect, designed, redesinging and developing new and old buildings in commercial industrial and domestic scenarios. Its fun until i get a job like revitalising the look of a 1970s tower block. I hate cleaning up other people's mess.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-05, 12:38 PM
Its fun until i get a job like revitalising the look of a 1970s tower block. I hate cleaning up other people's mess.

Yes, wasn't the 1970s the end of the international design style, and the beginning of the modern design trend, where everything was concrete and squarish?

Well anyways, I am a student and a part time parts & service cashier at a Nissan dealership. It's a good job, it pays well and there is a lot of freedom. I like it and am happy with it. :)

My last job was terrible. I was a cashier at Rainbow Foods for two years. That was the kind of job where you go in in a pissy mood, and come out very angry and very tired daily.

gdwriter
12-08-05, 12:42 PM
I'm a copywriter for Sanda Communications (http://www.sandacom.com), a business-to-business advertising agency with offices in Portland and Corvallis, Oregon (I work in Corvallis). Two of our largest clients are GE Security (http://www.gesecurity.com) and Tripod Data Systems (http://www.tdsway.com).

Right now, I'm writing a script for an online training program for installing GE mobile video surveillance systems in buses and light rail trains.

TDS started as an offshoot of Hewlett-Packard making software for land surveyors. Now they also make some pretty cool rugged Windows Mobile handhelds that meet military durability specs. I came up with their tagline, "Tough on the job, easy on you."

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-05, 12:42 PM
I'm a real estate agent in the Phoenix area :D.

so that explains the BMW ;)

Seriously though, thats a cool job. My mom has been a real estate agent for 13 years now. It's a job that I would consider doing. Can you give me any tips?

Randy_W
12-08-05, 12:58 PM
For thirty years I've been in the interior design/upholstery business. We went from a small shop in an store front to the largest shop of it's kind on the Eastern Shore. Before that I was a body man, still like to smear mud when I'm working on my old cars.:D

MacKiNBacK
12-08-05, 02:03 PM
I print paychecks for quite a bit of the US. Comapny called ADP. And no I cant move the decimal to the right on your check!:tisk: Not a bad job. Boss is cool so that always helps. Also plan on school in the near future.

MacK

Frost
12-08-05, 02:10 PM
I'm a Project Manager in the IM/IT (Information Management, Information Technology) field. I'm no "Propeller-Head", but I seem to be surrounded by them!!!!

Seriously, I love the work I do and it gives me the necessary $$$ to pursue my expensive hobby - maintaining 2nd hand Caddies, as I doubt I will EVER be able to afford a new one. But if I EVER could afford a new one, I'd go with the top-of-the-line DTS: Luxury III level, or whatever they're callin' it now..

powerglide
12-08-05, 02:26 PM
I'm in engineering consulting. Small employee owned outfit.
Everything from cars, airplanes, to disneyland. Most of my work is in aerospace structural simulations. Specialized in composites.

Mainly CatiaV4 if that says anything to anybody...
Yup we have Catia here, our programmers actually write the code for Dassault (makers of Catia). I use NASTRAN, ABAQUS, IDEAS, NX mostly.

Also as a side job I trade secutiries (thats stocks,options,derivatives....not renta cops) for myself and sometimes as a hired gun for hedge funds. I used to do it full time. But my passion is engineering.

Katshot
12-08-05, 02:27 PM
After spending 20+ years in the auto industry, I finally got roped into the family business. We're a 30+ year old textile manufacturer (mostly government work for the military) with 3 plants, one in NJ and two in Delaware. Been here for the last 4 years doing everything from plant & machine maintenance to, OSHA and ISO compliance, to IT supervision. Oh yeah, I also setup our inventory system and am in charge of purchasing. I guess you could say I stay busy. :bonkers:

Boombotz
12-08-05, 02:53 PM
I am a House wife. My husband is corporate in an Electrical Company.

boricuacaddy
12-08-05, 03:07 PM
I am a Quality Supervisor for a plastic manufacturing facility. I been working for them for over 16 years now. Would like to open an antique shop though, it is a dream of mine. hopefully soon!

David

mccombie_5
12-08-05, 03:26 PM
Yes, wasn't the 1970s the end of the international design style, and the beginning of the modern design trend, where everything was concrete and squarish?

Its a pain in the ass to say the least.

The 1960s and 1970s are the sole contributors to most of the pains in my ass!

They often built them, just for good measure, so that it was on an option to demolish them ebcause they may damage the surrounding buildings.

LittleB
12-08-05, 03:55 PM
I'm a Secretary for a Teachers Union :D

gdwriter
12-08-05, 04:44 PM
I am a House wife. My husband is corporate in an Electrical Company.
How politically incorrect of you, Julie. You're a domestic goddess. :p

SpeedyArizona
12-08-05, 04:56 PM
so that explains the BMW

Seriously though, thats a cool job. My mom has been a real estate agent for 13 years now. It's a job that I would consider doing. Can you give me any tips?

I really enjoy it, it's a job that I don't necessarily consider "work" since I like what I do. The thing that sometimes is a burden is that I don't get much of an actual fixed rate salary, it's mainly made up of the percentage of the selling price of the house. The usual percentage taken out of the selling price is 6% and my commission is 2%-2.5% (2.5%+3.5%=6%). If you want tips, here's a few:

1) Find your niche. Make sure you know your market and the variety of people that particular market appeals to.
2) Location is the key. If you have a not-so-nice home in an exclusive area, it will sell much faster than a large, spacious home in a low-down neighborhood (you can change a home, not a location).
3) Enjoy your work. This is something you must do to be successful, don't take anything too seriously.

RobertCTS
12-08-05, 05:01 PM
I print paychecks for quite a bit of the US. Comapny called ADP. And no I cant move the decimal to the right on your check!:tisk: Not a bad job. Boss is cool so that always helps. Also plan on school in the near future.

MacK

Mack,
My company uses your ADP checks!! Cool.:)

Boombotz
12-08-05, 05:20 PM
How politically incorrect of you, Julie. You're a domestic goddess. :p

I like that. I will have to let my husband know my new title.:histeric:

Playdrv4me
12-08-05, 05:27 PM
Rackspace has Lissa!
http://www.rackspace.com/html/images/header-home.jpg

She can support me anytime.

Yup... all the employee pics on the Rackspace site ARE actual employees. I knew Jaime, but Lissa was after my tenure there. You actually have a pretty good chance of speaking with them, they dont have as many employees as you think.

ElDawgg 2G
12-08-05, 05:48 PM
Hello...

Just your garden variety High School Spanish teacher and yearbook adviser-
(Or is it advisor? Actually, both are correct!) for 16 years and counting.
...good as any, better than some!

Here's a link...
Scroll down to check out the 17 million dollar total renovation:
(mccombie, you might want to take a look)

http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/~mcnairhs/

I'm trying to get 14 of my closest teacher friends to each sell me 1 year of service so I can retire!
I wish!
Until then, I'm adding a Media certificate and moving to the Library!

Stoneage_Caddy
12-08-05, 06:16 PM
Im a full time college student , and i work for a local Cadillac Dealer full time, im supposed to be a lot porter but i find myself doing everything but that ....My days are stressful at times ....but it has its perks ....like delivering CTS-Vs to cusomters that live one hour away .....Ive found driveing the courtesy van to be very profitable , the tips ive gotten thus far will more than pay for my books next semester

only 3 things i havent done there :
Sell a car (i helped sell one)
Clean a Toilet
Hit on the plethora of beatiful women that stop by for service

no 2 days are alike , so in a way its beatter then my job at the VA pushing paper ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-05, 06:26 PM
Im a full time college student , and i work for a local Cadillac Dealer full time, im supposed to be a lot porter but i find myself doing everything but that

Stoney...What does a "lot porter" do? In my dealership, they have detalilers and stuff, but no one goes out and delivers cars. But maybe thats because its a Nissan dealer, and not a top end Caddy dealer.

Sandy
12-08-05, 06:35 PM
I sold cars from 1968 thru 1996. 27 years of Dodge & I.C.P. and 3-months with Pontiac & 4 months with Oldsmobile, the remainder with Dodge & I.C.P.
In 1997 I bought a couple of multi-family dwellings and now I collect rent, from 6 renters.

I still pick up a cheap car once in a while (under $900) and sell it from home on a Sunday.

Krashed989
12-08-05, 06:40 PM
Well right now I am a full time college student, trying to get a degree in engineering. Also I am a part time mechanic at an independant shop, and thats about all for now.

c5 rv
12-08-05, 06:42 PM
Healthcare IT management consultant. Current working with state government agencies implementing EDI for medical child support enforcement and Medicaid.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-08-05, 06:50 PM
Stoney...What does a "lot porter" do? In my dealership, they have detalilers and stuff, but no one goes out and delivers cars. But maybe thats because its a Nissan dealer, and not a top end Caddy dealer.
i got no clue ....but i bet sandy has an idea ....me as a "lot porter" was shortlived , i think i did the porter thing for about a week , then they found out how good i was about "making problems go away"...so they hired another porter to free me up to as they say "do what you do"....story of my life .....ill get hird at a job and do that for about a week , things always evolve into the monster and i become THE "go to guy"...i enjoy it , really i do becuse i get alot of respect , but at the same time im very easily forgotten becuse i need no supervision and rarely need to talk to any of my bosses outside them getting me and handing me a problem ...I go days without phisicly seeing my bosses , everything that is handled by me comes via the nextel .....

SilverCTS
12-08-05, 10:14 PM
VP, Software Development for a financial services company.

Spyder
12-08-05, 10:23 PM
Nextels have an on/off switch too...Sure wish my job was like that! :)

johndfw
12-08-05, 11:01 PM
Engineer for Palm Harbor Homes. Very very high tech stuff...........cant go into it...........

ben72227
12-08-05, 11:51 PM
Managing Editor for a newspaper:tisk:

Suomi54
12-08-05, 11:59 PM
Police captain, western Iowa

Parrothead
12-09-05, 01:50 AM
Robert - I have a freind in Chicago that sells those too...!
I sell wire racks, tough job but somebody has to do it.

thu
12-09-05, 01:56 AM
By training and current profession, I'm an Electrical Engineer (got my Master's Degree from the University Of Wyoming) who specializes in embedded hardware and firmware for all sorts of things. I program things called FPGAs and design the hardware that goes around them. I develop the configuration that goes inside them. I also get to develop with all kinds of neat embedded processors.

I also do tons of programming for various platforms as well as the web.

I also co-own a web/colocation/internet access company in Wyoming.

I also do lots of stuff for Hewlett-Packard - telecom equipment.

I also am a volunteer with Angel Flight West (http://www.angelflight.org). I'm the Wyoming Wing leader. Angel Flight West arranges free air transportation in response to health care and other compelling human needs. We have about 1500+ pilots in the Western US.

danbuc
12-09-05, 02:07 AM
Nothing at the moment. In about 6 months though, I'll be working hopefully at one of the two bigger Mercede's dealerships in the area. I'm shooting for Mercede's of Manhattan, since they are known to "take care" of their employees very well. They are also one of 2 corporate stores in the country. Once I get out of their training course, I'll see if I can get in there. I should have a pretty good chance though.

Until then, I'm just a student.

PhilBooe
12-09-05, 05:25 AM
Currently, I am a Private Investigator (investigating Insurance Fraud), but next year I plan on attending Concordia Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Mo!

-P

dammit
12-09-05, 05:27 AM
I'm a production line mechanic, and no I don't work on cars.

David W. Bailey
12-09-05, 06:20 AM
Po-leece officer ! (Very different from highway patrol officer):tisk:

Nini8r-SV6
12-09-05, 06:48 AM
Im a miner in outback QLD for Xstrata earning 35phr

ewill3rd
12-09-05, 06:51 AM
I am a technician at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria VA.
I specialize in electrical areas such as Radios, OnStar, and just about anything that will turn a light on in the IPC.
Drivability, ABS, airbag systems, etc.
I don't have the keys to the store yet, but I have only been there a year and a half ;)
My job title usually mutates also. Actually I kind of aspire to be a shop foreman there someday but right now we have 3 so I just have to wait.
(we have about 30 techs in the shop)
I work almost exclusively on all the XLRs and CTS-Vs that come to our shop also, mainly since I am picky and the only one besides the shop foreman to work on XLR.
I started on here about a month ago after being enticed by my boss who is also a member.

CraigFLCTS
12-09-05, 07:45 AM
FT, I am an Analyst for Tyco. PT, I help run two family businesses when needed.

deskjockey
12-09-05, 08:10 AM
Sports nutrtion Marketing owner & Video teleconferencing hub tech

Cadillac # uno
12-09-05, 10:29 AM
I'm a Food Services Specialist for the Department of Corrections I had a find Dinning Restaurant. I have been a Wine Steward etc etc and this is my fist New Car I love my CTS

Katshot
12-09-05, 12:07 PM
I'm a production line mechanic, and no I don't work on cars.

So, what DO you work on?

Katshot
12-09-05, 12:12 PM
I am a technician at Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria VA.
I specialize in electrical areas such as Radios, OnStar, and just about anything that will turn a light on in the IPC.
Drivability, ABS, airbag systems, etc.
I don't have the keys to the store yet, but I have only been there a year and a half ;)
My job title usually mutates also. Actually I kind of aspire to be a shop foreman there someday but right now we have 3 so I just have to wait.
(we have about 30 techs in the shop)
I work almost exclusively on all the XLRs and CTS-Vs that come to our shop also, mainly since I am picky and the only one besides the shop foreman to work on XLR.
I started on here about a month ago after being enticed by my boss who is also a member.

Who's your boss?

slk230mb
12-09-05, 02:07 PM
Who's your boss?

James, who's forum handle is Lindsay Cadillac.

DopeStar 156
12-09-05, 02:10 PM
Who's your boss?
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e1/180px-Tony_Danza-300x380.jpg

thu
12-09-05, 02:11 PM
Currently, I am a Private Investigator (investigating Insurance Fraud), but next year I plan on attending Concordia Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Mo!

-P

LCMS? That's my church.

ewill3rd
12-09-05, 03:09 PM
KAT, slk hit the nail on the head.
The guys in the V forum know who I am since I work on alot of their cars.

adam_mcd
12-09-05, 04:06 PM
i work in the meat department of an albertons, and also a student.

pays well, easy job, you wouldnt believe how many good lookin women shop there.

Elvis
12-09-05, 04:48 PM
I used to play quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. That was right after I flew U2 recon missions over the former Soviet Union.

Oh yeah, I neglected to mention the time I spent with the space program after I blew my knee out against Green Bay.

PhillyXcess
12-09-05, 06:20 PM
I used to play quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. That was right after I flew U2 recon missions over the former Soviet Union.

Oh yeah, I neglected to mention the time I spent with the space program after I blew my knee out against Green Bay.

Elvis' Occupation: Taking Care of Business

Nothing else needs to be said about The King.

Elvis
12-09-05, 09:08 PM
Looks like we have a cool new member.

Welcome aboard, Philly!

TomDeville
12-11-05, 12:54 AM
Dear Sir Elvis :elvis1:
:elvis1:

Tell them all how you won
the Cold War single handedly,
while winning the SuperBowl
;and, feeding the hungry. :halo:

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-05, 01:51 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e1/180px-Tony_Danza-300x380.jpg

hahahahhaahaha nice!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-05, 01:54 AM
Speaking of Tony Danza
Have you guys ever heard that he was in porn before his TV career, and that his signature move was the "danza slap"?

This refers to the early years of Tony Danza. Before Who's the Boss, Danza's porn name was Tony Nadz. His signature more was the danza slap where he smacked the girl across the face after receiving oral sex and would call out "Danza". He was known to leave welts.
After that hummer, I slapped her across the face with my wang and hollered "Danza!" She was impressed.

powerglide
12-11-05, 01:59 AM
Speaking of Tony Danza
Have you guys ever heard that he was in porn before his TV career, and that his signature move was the "danza slap"?

This refers to the early years of Tony Danza. Before Who's the Boss, Danza's porn name was Tony Nadz. His signature more was the danza slap where he smacked the girl across the face after receiving oral sex and would call out "Danza". He was known to leave welts.
After that hummer, I slapped her across the face with my wang and hollered "Danza!" She was impressed.

You got that from here didn't ya!
Word for word.....you plagiarist :D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Danza+Slap&defid=1204904

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-05, 02:03 AM
Oh shit you cought me!

haha jk :D

yeah i got it from there

powerglide
12-11-05, 02:11 AM
Gotcha!

LOL its the first hit on google when you type 'danza porn'!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-05, 02:16 AM
I actually typed Danza Slap in but yeah, it was the 1st hit
If it wasnt for google, where would I get all this interesting Info???
I dont know

mccombie_5
12-11-05, 05:19 AM
You got that from here didn't ya!
Word for word.....you plagiarist :D
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Danza+Slap&defid=1204904

Ahh, good old Urban Dictionary. It aides me in knownig what the hell my kids are talking about :D

mdogg1950
12-21-05, 10:47 AM
For income? Make one trip to mailbox per month. Retired at age 53. Tech writer for Deere & Co. Wrote Operator Manuals, Service Bulletins, Instructions, and Diagnostics. Made a career the past year of deciphering the mysteries of the ISC system in my '90 DeVille.

SilverFleetwood85
12-21-05, 05:54 PM
I am a student and have had a couple of part time jobs. The last part time job I had was at a very evil corporation:devil:.

Destroyer
12-22-05, 10:51 PM
Oh shit you cought me!

haha jk :D

yeah i got it from there
You guys are weird!:p

Destroyer
12-22-05, 10:54 PM
I'm a realtor/investor. Not doing to good as a realtor lately but damn if my investments didn't pay off!. I pretty much look for more investments to add to the portfolio since I sold most of what I had less two apartment buildings that keep money coming in from rents. :cool:

Stoneage_Caddy
12-22-05, 11:58 PM
how can you not be doing great as a relator in florida ? this houseing boom seems to have no end and no end in supply of buyers with huge ammounts of cash in hand for those monster mortgage payments ....

tell me what gives ? from what i know it all looks up .....there must be something i dont know

SwftCdy
12-23-05, 07:17 AM
Automotive graphic designer .... image sourcing, portraits, buildsheets, web design ... logos, etc etc etc. R&D lead 3800 SII performance (Firebird/Camaro specific) at F-Body Central of Baltimore, MD.

Mine while, back in the real world, I push a desk for a government contractor.... and surf the web when the boss isn't looking .... yes, I live a really interesting life. (insert sound of someone dying from boredom)

ShadowLvr400
12-23-05, 09:13 AM
I was just wondering what everyone on the forum did for a source of income.

I am a chef at a hotel :bouncy: LOL.

Cool, I'm a chef as well, currently at a theme park restaraunt.

OffThaHorseCEO
12-23-05, 10:26 AM
Gotcha!

LOL its the first hit on google when you type 'danza porn'!

so you were lookin huh?

Destroyer
12-23-05, 07:14 PM
how can you not be doing great as a relator in florida ? this houseing boom seems to have no end and no end in supply of buyers with huge ammounts of cash in hand for those monster mortgage payments ....
tell me what gives ? from what i know it all looks up .....there must be something i dont know
Funny, thats exactly what I thought. Truth is, in my county alone we have 9000 realtors. Seems that because of this boom, everyone and their mother became realtors. :banghead: To put things in perspective, in my subdivision of 183 units, I know of 13 realtors that live here. I got real lucky in that I got into some good investing early and midway through this boom but I believe the prices have topped out and will start going down. At that time I plan to get more rental units vs. flipping properties.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-23-05, 07:57 PM
Funny, thats exactly what I thought. Truth is, in my county alone we have 9000 realtors. Seems that because of this boom, everyone and their mother became realtors. :banghead: To put things in perspective, in my subdivision of 183 units, I know of 13 realtors that live here. I got real lucky in that I got into some good investing early and midway through this boom but I believe the prices have topped out and will start going down. At that time I plan to get more rental units vs. flipping properties.
ahh makes alot of sense now .....

SilverFleetwood85
12-24-05, 06:03 PM
Cool, I'm a chef as well, currently at a theme park restaraunt.

Shadow, you probably have been asked this question many times but is the theme park restaurant you work at Disney World?

Ranger
12-25-05, 10:08 PM
I am a flight dispatcher for United Airlines (no not an air traffic controler). 39 years at UAL. We like to say "we provide adult supervision for pilots" or "dispatchers tell pilots where to go". :histeric: We are licenced by the FAA. We work up a flight plan, pick the route, calculate the fuel required, calculate the allowable takeoff weight, pick the alternate (if needed), then issue and sign a legal release that the captain also signs making us jointly responsible for the saftey of the flight. We are also responsible for ok'ing or refusing any saftey related items that maintainence wants to defer. We then monitor the progress of the flight from start to finish and advise tha captain of any changes (thunderstorms building along his route, turbulence, weather deteriorating at destination, braking action on snowy/icy runways). I can have as many as a dozen or two in the air at any given time. We are also the first point of contact for enroute problems (hydraulic failures, engins shut downs, generator failures, obnoxious drunks, heart attacks (once had the captain having a heart attack), etc, etc. We are basically part pilot, part navigator, part mechanic, part meteorologist and part mind reader. I have to fly in the cockpit once a year to maintain my qualification and have even been trained in the use of a Tazer (who'd of ever thought).

Boombotz
12-25-05, 10:13 PM
Very impressive.:thumbsup:

nutinbutctsv
12-26-05, 08:32 AM
I work at a TV station as a Master Control Tech. Responsible for the transmission of the over the air TV signal. I also play the dreaded commericals that so many people tune out when they come on. What it boils down to is I get paid to watch bad TV.

ShadowLvr400
12-26-05, 10:13 AM
Shadow, you probably have been asked this question many times but is the theme park restaurant you work at Disney World?

Nope. I do NOT work for the Rat. Working for Universal Studios.

N0DIH
12-26-05, 12:57 PM
My dad retired last year from the former CBS network station KMOX (sold, now affiliate KMOV) in St. Louis for 35 years. He did nearly everything from Master Control to working out at the transmitter to Tech Director to about everything in ENG to eventually out on the street with a camera to be a photo journalist, which got him 3 Emmy's and just recently inducted into the Emmy Silver Circle.

I always loved getting tours of the station, it changed so much everytime I would get to go there, they loved to rearrange things. I remember the old 2in reel to reel video tape machines (now 1 in), even the air operated commercial video machines (now a computer).

Cool to find someone else in the business! The technology in that business changes so much so fast it is cool to see.

I work at a TV station as a Master Control Tech. Responsible for the transmission of the over the air TV signal. I also play the dreaded commericals that so many people tune out when they come on. What it boils down to is I get paid to watch bad TV.

N0DIH
12-26-05, 01:09 PM
Which resuraunt, hopefully we will be there soon! Any Cadillacforums member discount?? Sal? What can you work out??!? ;)

Nope. I do NOT work for the Rat. Working for Universal Studios.

Kev
12-26-05, 01:24 PM
I'm just a dumb 'ole union tin knocker of 27 years.

Eldyfig
12-26-05, 07:10 PM
Chemical Specialist for the last 9 years. I run distillations and reactions for a chemical company that supplies the flavor and fragrance industry. Our products make things smell and taste good. Very interesting. Not interested in running powerhouse boilers anymore. Did that in the Navy and then for a few years after I got out.

AlBundy
12-26-05, 11:14 PM
I deal with communication Medical & Non Medical. Its called HIM(Health Information Management) but I could save a life if possible, but because I'm bored I need to persue my automotive mechanical dreams so you guys (like you did to Bbob) can debate with me about my automotive future technical enhancements about my aluminum engine.

grandiouscentaur
01-07-06, 09:04 PM
I'm the Webmistress at a So-Cal car cover company :cool2:

Eric Kahn
01-07-06, 09:36 PM
Building maintenance for the US Postal Service in Cincinnati, Ohio

buy more stamps I need a raise:)

Tim99ws6
01-07-06, 11:59 PM
I am a clinical Research Assistant for a International Drug Research Company. Buy more drugs, I need a raise too~!