: The McRib is HERE! We're SAVED!!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!

Jesda
12-07-05, 11:14 PM
"OH MY GOD! THE MCRIB IS HERE! WE'RE SAVED! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD!"

Tonight I went for a drive, looking for food. I was either going to pull into a drive-through or head up Ladue Road and slam into a deer. Either way, I'd be fed. For $3.50 I got this:

http://q.spilky.com/nicothread/mcrib.jpg
Its the first one I've eaten since the late 80s, and its pretty much how I remembered it.

Why do people freak out and run to McDonald's when the McRib is for sale? And why the hell do they limit the availability if its so freaking popular?

It tastes a lot better than it looks, but why is it surrounded by so much HYPE? Its processed pig dicks that have been glued together at a factory into the shape of a rib. It tastes fine, but its hardly worth making a fuss over.

ben72227
12-07-05, 11:19 PM
Oh, you know, McDonalds needs SOMETHING to make people still eat there. After Supersize Me, they pretty much stopped being cool, and brands like Sonic suddenly became uber-popular. But really, after I saw how they made the old chicken mcnuggets (remember, the ones that DIDN'T have "all white meat") I stopped eating there too...

HotRodSaint
12-07-05, 11:32 PM
What's the next comeback, the McPizza?

Kev
12-07-05, 11:36 PM
Why do people freak out and run to McDonald's when the McRib is for sale? And why the hell do they limit the availability if its so freaking popular?They use highly addictive psychotropic drugs in the processed pig parts that make up the artificially shaped sandwitch stuffer....:eek:

:duck:

TomDeville
12-07-05, 11:38 PM
Mmmmmm mechanically deboned pork product.

Last time I ate one, I could have shit through the
eye of a needle for about three (3) days.
:eek:

Playdrv4me
12-07-05, 11:44 PM
Ya, theyve been back for about a month and a half down here in FL. The best worst thing you can clog a few arteries with.

Kev
12-07-05, 11:51 PM
I don't know about the rest of y'all but those fries look mighty tasty about now.

Spittin Game
12-08-05, 12:32 AM
We just got done with the McRib out here. I have an unlimited coupon for a buy one sandwhich get one free, so everytime I went I got 2 Mcribs instead of just one. I ate so many McRibs while they were here it wasnt even funny. God I love those things, I wish they would just bring em back for good! :thumbsup:

90Brougham350
12-08-05, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't eat those molded pork shit sandwiches if you paid for me. I don't get why people like them so much, I'll stick with McChickens, thank you very much.

DopeStar 156
12-08-05, 01:09 AM
I work at a BBQ rib joint with a real pit BBQ and that don't look like no rib sandwich I ever saw.... McDonalds is Nas-T. I'd rather die of starvation than eat there. I'm not an advocator of fast food at all. The only places I find moderately acceptable are Taco Bell and Wendy's. Moderately acceptable means I'll eat barely anything from there once every 10 years..... I'm not a health nut or anything, actually I only eat once a day, but that stuff just doesn't look appetizing....

illumina
12-08-05, 01:41 AM
McDonalds = rendered meat. I normally pick up two double cheeseburgers for $2.00 every so often.

Kev
12-08-05, 01:43 AM
McDonalds = rendered meat. I normally pick up two double cheeseburgers for $2.00 every so often.Ahh, that might explain the pale complexion in your avitar Mike....... :D :duck::bang2:

Jesda
12-08-05, 01:53 AM
McDonalds = rendered meat. I normally pick up two double cheeseburgers for $2.00 every so often.

Thats all I eat on road trips! Cheap, filling, and gets me back on the highway in no time.

Kev
12-08-05, 01:54 AM
I like the fries.

davesdeville
12-08-05, 03:41 AM
The fries are the only good item on their menu. I dislike them in much the same way as I dislike WalMart: lets give the American public a crappy product that will sustain them but will be by no means good, and we'll do it for a low enough price that they'll sit there and take it...

I've had 3 burgers at McDonalds. The first one was when I was maybe 6 or 7, it had bone chips in it. I had one last year that was acceptable but by no means good. Then when I was stuck in CT and it was the only thing I could eat (no pizza delivery, no plates and Waterbury police already gave me HELL for it, McD's was in walking distance.) I had another one with bone chips in it, a little smaller than sand grains but it still grossed me the hell out. I think they take a whole cow, remove the leather, and toss it in a grinder.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-08-05, 04:09 AM
I will not eat in McDonalds.
If there is nowhere else around I *may* go to Burger King.

Can't stand the fries in either place. They always taste uber salty and I hate salt. Even if they didn't, skinny fries suck, I prefer thick steak "chips".

I went to a Rib Joint in Rochester, NY, and it was FANTASTIC!

I wish they had places like that over here!

Boombotz
12-08-05, 08:03 AM
I love there fries!!!!!:bouncy:

HotRodSaint
12-08-05, 09:57 AM
I love that you can now replace the fries with fruit and yogurt (or a salad)!!

Now if they'd only offer a replacement for their mystery meat...

Elvis
12-08-05, 10:05 AM
I remember I was in college when they first introduced the McRib. I think it was the summer of 1983. We went to the drive-thru and asked for a McRib without the McBones, with some McFries, a McCoke and a McPie.

We thought that was really funny at the time.

The ONE thing McDonalds still does that is very good is the hotcakes and sausage. I don't think the burgers even have meat in them anymore. We'll never have to worry about mad cow disease from them. Wendy's also uses a lot less real beef today than they used to.

And another thing--remember when the Wendy's ad campaign was always Dave Thomas talking about QUALITY? Well, today's Wendy's ads are hip-hop and a catchy beat, with stop-action photography of dancing burgers and special effects.

Kev
12-08-05, 12:54 PM
The fries are the only good item on their menu. I dislike them in much the same way as I dislike WalMart: lets give the American public a crappy product that will sustain them but will be by no means good, and we'll do it for a low enough price that they'll sit there and take it...

I've had 3 burgers at McDonalds. The first one was when I was maybe 6 or 7, it had bone chips in it. I had one last year that was acceptable but by no means good. Then when I was stuck in CT and it was the only thing I could eat (no pizza delivery, no plates and Waterbury police already gave me HELL for it, McD's was in walking distance.) I had another one with bone chips in it, a little smaller than sand grains but it still grossed me the hell out. I think they take a whole cow, remove the leather, and toss it in a grinder.Do they really remove the hide first? Hey man, the bone chips are full of good calcium!

At least 10 years ago I remember a study that came out on the nutritional value of the burgers from most of the major national fast food joints and McD's came in first for nutritional value believe it or not. I think Wendy's came in first for taste.

I'm sure things may have changed by now. McD's was also the cleanest place around. I've done a lot of stainless work in some fine restaurants in Santa Barbara that I will still not eat in. There is something vile and disgusting about rancid fat and grease, and the cockroaches............ yech!

Caddy Man
12-08-05, 01:43 PM
And another thing--remember when the Wendy's ad campaign was always Dave Thomas talking about QUALITY? Well, today's Wendy's ads are hip-hop and a catchy beat, with stop-action photography of dancing burgers and special effects.

LOL!

ben72227
12-08-05, 07:31 PM
Wendy's is still the best national-chain burger joint. I mean, they don't use shredded lettuce, they have bacon as an option (try getting that at McDonalds...), they have FROSTIES!:p, they offer the BEST tasting salads, they have chili, and OMG they have THE BEST chicken nuggets EVER:bighead:.
Their fries could use a little work though...;)

Taco Bell is great too, as is Arbys and Popeyes. Yes, those are probably my favs.

Burger King is good, and it has frozen cokes, but the burgers ALWAYS seem to have WAY too much lettuce on them...

Backyard Burger is great too, but MUCH too pricy.

Sonic is hit or miss; their desserts are the best, and they have chili dogs, but their burgers, and especially their fries, just aren't that great...

Oh, I remember, Subway is also one of my favs. now that they toast your sandwhich. There's nothing like a Chicken Bacon Ranch sub...:rolleyes:

Jesda
12-08-05, 10:46 PM
For $1, five nuggets at Wendys cannot be beat.

Spyder
12-08-05, 10:58 PM
Mmmmmm mechanically deboned pork product.

Last time I ate one, I could have shit through the
eye of a needle for about three (3) days.
:eek:
I love how you clarified that you REALLY meant three (3) days. :D

therbs
12-09-05, 12:08 PM
HOT ROD, BELIEVE IT OR NOT MCDOGFOODS IN CANADA SELLS MCPIZZA. NEVER TRIED IT MYSELF BUY I WAS IN WINDSOR MAKEING A BEER RUN AND ASKED SOMEONE HOW IT WAS AND THEY SAID IT ACTUALLY WAS PRETTY GOOD. GO FIGURE:cheers:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-09-05, 01:31 PM
Well, my ex grew up in LA and she took me to In and Out Burger and that was good.
But she said guys prefered Fat Burger so she took me there and I have to say, it was mighty fine. I had "The Quad".

Jesda
12-09-05, 01:54 PM
For real:

http://jesda.spilky.com/mclobster.jpg

VDiddy
12-10-05, 10:39 AM
This is, without a doubt, the most informative post I've ever seen on the V Forum. I now feel embarrassed and petty that I have been ranting about wheelhop and grinding rear ends.

I suddenly realized I could have been using this time to extoll the virtues of a limited edition fast food item made from compacted, peripheral meat-containing sections of an unfortunate porcine lifeform. Darn, what a killer board this is!

By the way, that thing looks like a car accident. :cool2:

Spyder
12-10-05, 01:31 PM
I can't decide if VDiddy is really bitter about this thread or if he's just f'ing with us...

Kev
12-10-05, 07:52 PM
This is, without a doubt, the most informative post I've ever seen on the V Forum. I now feel embarrassed and petty that I have been ranting about wheelhop and grinding rear ends.

I suddenly realized I could have been using this time to extoll the virtues of a limited edition fast food item made from compacted, peripheral meat-containing sections of an unfortunate porcine lifeform. Darn, what a killer board this is!

By the way, that thing looks like a car accident. :cool2:Yeah, it's get's confusing for the Coroner when he eats his lunch in the office! :suspense:

Jesda
12-10-05, 07:58 PM
Welcome to The Lounge. :alchi: :welcome:

By the way, that thing looks like a car accident. :cool2:

Eric Kahn
12-10-05, 10:50 PM
I like McRibs, don't know why, I wish they would have them more often than they do