: Happy stories - Great dealer (DC Metro Area) & Great upgrades

GOTTSPD
12-07-05, 11:07 PM
Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA did some work on my '04 V this week.

I'm very, very pleased with how things ended up. My first comment about the experience is that James Pollack (the service director) is great to work with. He's knowledgeable and very nice. I never had that hollow feeling I tend to get when I leave my car for service.

Anyway, they installed a UUC shifter and Lasstss' bushings - WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've heard it before, but this is a fantastic upgrade. The shifts are shorter and much more crisp. I highly recommend it. This was the most expensive short shifter I have ever purchased (I've done this mod on a few cars), but its worth it! Lindsay's price was also very reasonable for the install. I won't quote any prices on the services I had done as its Lindsay's discretion to determine their pricing.

They did an oil change. Typically I do these myself, but I figured it was there, so I'd let them handle this one.

They did a very, very creative exhaust mod... However, it was not my creativity that came up with this mod... It was CTSV05's! What they did was cut open the top of the mufflers and remove all of the fiberglass. The purpose was to allow the exhaust to breathe better and to make the exhaust a little throatier. It does sound different and better than stock. Its certainly throatier, but its not loud at all. In fact, at idle its hard to tell any difference. I would have been okay if it'd been louder! However, it was reasonably priced to do the mod and I think it was worth it. Not sure if the V is any faster as a result, but it may be.

The irony of this is that I may have the opportunity to switch to a Magnaflow, so I may be willing to part with this mod'd exhaust. PM me if you have questions or are interested.

They installed the relay that allows an '04 V to have the cig. lighter outlets turn off with RAP.

They fixed a trim piece on the sill plate.

They adjusted the parking brake so it'll hold the car better.

They looked into a few things that I was concerned about and they laid those concerns to rest.

They even washed the car!

I'm probably going to go back to Lindsay soon to have an engine block heater installed (if James is pleased with the part).

All in all, I'm very happy and for those of us in the DC Metro area, we are quite fortunate to have James/Lindsay to provide such great service.

-GOTTSPD

Lindsay Cadillac
12-08-05, 07:21 AM
Thank you for your kind words & compliments... I have to thank all of our technicians, especially Bill & Donnie who do most of the work on the V's. They are what allow us, Lindsay, to provide great service. They certainly make my job a lot easier. :cool2:

ewill3rd
12-08-05, 08:22 AM
:burn: I told you that you'd like that shifter!

trukk
12-08-05, 03:21 PM
Same experience as me. Good, Good, Good.

I will be bringing my car in probabaly late next week, to get the radiator replaced, and to wrap up the 'Lawn Gnome' incident.

Bill, and James are good guys. I haven't met Donnie yet. Perhaps they keep him chained up in the back?

-Chris

GT04CTS-V
12-08-05, 06:06 PM
Yep Yep Yep - James, Bill, and Donnie rock. They're the best and we're damn lucky to have them. Just had the 06 Diff and UUC shifter installed on the V. The shifts are nice and crisp, and the Diff is perfectly quiet. I thought I was going to have my third radiator installed but it turned out being a loose hose clamp. The guys at Lindsay are a prime example of the kind of dealership all Cadillac dealers should strive to be. Kind of what I expect when buying a Cadillac. They listen to the customers concerns, then solve the problems. What more could u ask for? The service area is almost as clean as Lasstss's garage. :stirpot:

Thanks Lindsay, you guys are the best.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GT

ewill3rd
12-08-05, 06:08 PM
Have another list for me Chris so I can address any remaining concerns okay?
I'll be putting in the radiator and putting that bumper cover on for you.
I liked the letter you wrote last time, but I didn't get a chance to read it as well as I wanted to.
Sometimes the service writers don't convey all the info I need so anything you can leave in the car or have them staple to the RO will help me a great deal.

ewill3rd
12-08-05, 06:10 PM
GT, it was good to meet you.
Thanks for lunch!
If you have any problems be sure to let us know!
It's great to have happy customers!

trukk
12-09-05, 11:02 AM
Have another list for me Chris so I can address any remaining concerns okay?

Will do.

I'll be putting in the radiator and putting that bumper cover on for you.
I liked the letter you wrote last time, but I didn't get a chance to read it as well as I wanted to.
Sometimes the service writers don't convey all the info I need so anything you can leave in the car or have them staple to the RO will help me a great deal.

Sounds good.

It's great to have happy customers!

It's even better to have a good relationshio with a dealer you can trust.

It would take a ridiculous deal for me not to buy my next Caddy @ Lindsay.

-Chris

GT04CTS-V
12-09-05, 12:00 PM
Chris, I'm with you. I will definitely purchase my next car from Lindsay. I end up driving 2 hours to get to Lindsay, but it's worth the trip. James and crew generate repeat business, with satisfied customers.

Lets hope the rest of the Dealers follow suite. Great service, repeat customers. Are you other Cadillac dealers listening??????:tisk:

GT

trukk
12-09-05, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=GT04CTS-V]Are you other Cadillac dealers listening??????:tisk:/QUOTE]

If they were they'd be hearing CHA-CHING...instead of :mad2:

-Chris

thebigjimsho
06-10-08, 02:53 PM
:wij::mystery:

Lindsay Cadillac
06-11-08, 07:11 AM
:wij::mystery:
I'm here... I leave the posting to Bill & Luke... :D

RightTurn
06-11-08, 07:58 AM
:drool:

ewill3rd
06-11-08, 08:32 AM
He stays pretty busy these days, he goes over to our Smart car dealership one day a week and spends the rest of his time signing stuff :lol: