: License Plate question

Sky High Ent.
12-07-05, 09:14 PM
This might be a dumb question, but how the hell do I put my front plate on my Escalade? I know I have to take that cover off, then what?

:confused:

slk230mb
12-07-05, 09:22 PM
Screw it in. There should be 2 plastic gromets to screw into.

Sky High Ent.
12-07-05, 09:23 PM
Screw it in. There should be 2 plastic gromets to screw into.
Hmmm. Does it stay slanted like that?

slk230mb
12-07-05, 09:45 PM
It shouldn't mine sits flat against the back of the recess in the bumper.

Sky High Ent.
12-07-05, 09:47 PM
Ok, yeah I see , But I only have holes on the bottom, does it sit in there like that or do I drill holes on top?

Thanks

ewill3rd
12-08-05, 07:09 AM
Just the two holes.
Is there a groove in the top?
Some you slide the plate up in the groove then lower it and put the two screws in the bottom.

mja
12-08-05, 11:00 AM
I have my front plate installed but then the cover fits over it. I cant stand the look of the front plate Looks much better with the cover installed. I kow its the law in most states including mine but I havnt been messed with yet from the cops.

Sky High Ent.
12-08-05, 04:15 PM
I have my front plate installed but then the cover fits over it. I cant stand the look of the front plate Looks much better with the cover installed. I kow its the law in most states including mine but I havnt been messed with yet from the cops.
I got messed with on my old car that's the only reason I want to put it on.

The holes on the bottom aren't even screw holes, just some square notches.
There are no holes when you remove the cover. I guess I'll make some of my own then.

Sky High Ent.
12-10-05, 07:02 PM
I got messed with on my old car that's the only reason I want to put it on.

The holes on the bottom aren't even screw holes, just some square notches.
There are no holes when you remove the cover. I guess I'll make some of my own then.
WOW. I was really trippin.
The square holes are for those License Plate locks they sell.
I popped them in , screwed in the screws and that's it!
Fits perfect. Glad I didn't take a drill to my Lac:bang2:

Synergetic
12-11-05, 12:40 AM
Sky High, you will be fine. I have my cover on and I have one of the most eye attracting Escalades in probably all of California. Since August of 2001, ive had no problems with cops and the front license plate. You mine as well pull off your front tint too, because they'll mess with you for that too. I know where to spot cops and have got familar with where they hide. Besides the illegal items on my truck, I don't break the law when i'm on the road (atleast when i'm in the Escalade). Thats probably another reason why they don't pull me over all the time. By the way, I live near you so I deal with the same cops you do.