Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Did anyone try side vents on their ATS?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  smurfkiller 
#1 ·
I have not seen any pictures up but there are websites like the one below that offer Cadillac side vents and dozens of other different varieties, some look decent and some look bad. With a black car I can see this looking nice with chrome vents that match the other chrome parts on the exterior, but I am worried about it cheapening the look of the car since it was not designed that way. But if you got a Cadillac vent from a different model it might as well be original, the CTS has them and that is a similar car just one class up. So I guess it's just a matter of preference, I am curious to see how it would turn out but with all the different mods on here I am surprised I have not seen anyone do this.

http://www.carid.com/2014-cadillac-ats-side-vents/

#4 ·
I was under the impression that the factory vents on the CTS and some other models were not real and just for show too. I did not think they were actual vents that did something except for on the "V" types and other higher models. With that considered then you all are right, it would be totally lame to attach fake vents to an ATS if all the other Cadillac vents are real.

#5 ·
I believe they're the CTS ones are fake as well but they're from the manufacturer, not much you can do about that - at least YOU didn't add them, the car came that way. It's lame though whether you add them or the manufacturer does, so why go above and beyond by adding them to a car that doesn't already have them? The Buicks are like that too, fake vents. Looks terrible - very 'ricer' or 'poser' as others said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.