: how old is everyone here?

ManInBlack
03-07-03, 11:26 PM
just curious as to how old everyone is because most of the time all that has cadillacs is old people. just wanna see how much older everyone else is than me. i am 20, be 21 in june. all my friends tell me i am too young for a cadillac

i like this thing :banana:

AKPsiMC03
03-08-03, 01:11 AM
im 22 and a senior in college... I get the same thing.

Brett
03-08-03, 09:25 AM
we got all ages around here...im 29....i bought my caddy when i was 27 and the salesman told me jokingly that i was screwing with their average buyer age stats

toomanytoyz
03-08-03, 10:04 AM
26 here.... Purchased at 25. My first Caddy. :)

eehoepp
03-08-03, 10:42 AM
I'm 33 & just bought my first Caddy before Christmas.

Uncle Dave
03-08-03, 12:26 PM
I'd like to own a Caddy someday, and I'm 19, a 2nd semester freshmen at GCC (Genesee Community College) in Batavia, NY, approximately halfway between Buffalo and Rochester. BTW, I'm new, its nice to be here.

Chuck C
03-08-03, 12:38 PM
I'm 21... I always get "You're driving an old man's car" or "aren't you too you for a cadillac?"

But I also hear "I love your car" & "It's so comfy" & "Holy crap! The seats are heated!!?"

(BTW, I've had my Eldo since I was 16Ĺ!!)

JerseyGirl
03-08-03, 12:50 PM
A Lady never tells her age! I am 31..and NOT counting anymore.:D But I get told all the time that I don't look my age..either they are lying to be nice..or I really don't look 31, who knows.:banana: <--------he's MINE! lol

87CoupeDeVille
03-08-03, 02:33 PM
I'm 19, and I got my caddy at 17, I'm at the University of Illinois, in Champaign, and I'm separated from my car until may, its no fun.

Kurt

ManInBlack
03-08-03, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
:banana: <--------he's MINE! lol

i'll fight ya for it :mad:

elwesso
03-08-03, 03:53 PM
I also get a lot of comments for assumingly driving an old mans car.

Although, i think driving cars like this is becoming more of a trend towards younger people. My dad has told me that when he was a kid, if he would have driven up in a cadillac, he would have been made fun of forever. Now if someone of that age group shows up in a cadillac, people go "awww, sweet caddy dude!!"

Elvis
03-08-03, 04:06 PM
Damn, am I the oldest one here? (38)

And I don't even own a Caddy yet. Since I'm pushing 40, I figured it was a LAW that you had to buy one by then. Just like how I took up golf when I turned 30.

elwesso
03-08-03, 04:08 PM
Sell your prelude to some kid that will rice it out, although it would be a shame to see it go to waste!

I play golf also, what is your handicap?

Elvis
03-08-03, 04:14 PM
The best year I ever had was 1997, I was consistently in the low 80's and shot a 77 and a 79 that year. Got married the next year, and the game went to hell. Right now, I'd probably shoot in the low to mid 90's.

If I started right now and played every week, I'd be in the mid 80's by June. My wife is another story. She doesn't even have to practice and she could go out there today and shoot an 82. When she's "on" she's in the low 70's every time.

elwesso
03-08-03, 04:41 PM
Sometimes its just not fair. I am a 7, and at my course i shoot around 80, sometimes lots lower and sometimes MUCH more.

Elvis
03-08-03, 05:57 PM
The reason they call it "golf" is because all the other 4-letter words were already taken.

ManInBlack
03-08-03, 06:09 PM
how did this thread go from ages to golf? mods...i think this calls for a banning ;)

elwesso
03-08-03, 06:16 PM
Get used to it, it happens all the time.

ManInBlack
03-08-03, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
Get used to it, it happens all the time.

i was only kidding. i am used to it...happens on the other forums i post at

GreenBayAllante
03-08-03, 06:38 PM
I think your data from this posting may be a little skewed. You have to take into account most older Cadillac owners don't even know that this type of forum exists. The Internet.....I don't think so.

By the way, I'm 35, just bought my first Cadillac. A 1987 Allante.

That dancing banana is scaring me....

AKPsiMC03
03-08-03, 08:43 PM
the dancing banana has been my buddy icon for almost 5 month now... i love that thing... and the women i talk to say they love watching my banana dance :D

Elvis
03-08-03, 08:44 PM
My banana doesn't dance the way it used to.

ManInBlack
03-08-03, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Elvis

ehhh ummmm...i don't think we needed to know that :suspense:

Andrew60SP
03-08-03, 08:53 PM
I'm 20 and had my car since I was 18.

My brother had his first Caddy when he was 17 or 18 as well, and has been driving them since. He's almost 26 now.

Can't say there are many young people around my area driving them however. Most of them are into imports :(

Barry
03-08-03, 08:54 PM
I'm 46 going on 21 at HEART!!
It's like wine, the longer it ages, the BETTER WE GET!!

Mad'lac
03-08-03, 08:56 PM
I'm 28 and this is the second cadillac I own.

lux hauler
03-08-03, 09:08 PM
33 here.........don't have a Cadillac car but I do have the motor;)

Allante North *
03-08-03, 09:12 PM
I clock in at 43, and feel much younger. Nothing like dropping the top and lettin whats left of my hair blow in the breeeze. Now if I can just remember where I left my damn keys.

Hey I like these guys too. Hey Sal, "you got any with boobs on them"

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Elvis
03-08-03, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Andrew60SP
I'm 20 and had my car since I was 18.

My brother had his first Caddy when he was 17 or 18 as well, and has been driving them since. He's almost 26 now.

Can't say there are many young people around my area driving them however. Most of them are into imports :(

The only time in my life that I actually "owned" a Caddy was when I was 19. It was a 1981 Coupe deVille with the 8-6-4 that worked perfectly. Dad let me "borrow" it for a few months while I saved up for a Mustang convertible.

My banana did a lot of dancing that summer.:banana: :bighead: :nyanya:

JerseyGirl
03-08-03, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
i'll fight ya for it :mad:

Oh...you wanna piece of me???? :eek:

BeelzeBob
03-09-03, 12:19 AM
Haha. No.. No bananas with boobs on 'em. :p

As for threads going off-topic - we try to avoid it most of the time. But like Wes mentioned - it happens.. But, we do try to avoid it...

As for age.. I'm 31.. 32 in September.. My first Caddy came at around 20 or so... I've been a Cadillac fanatic ever since my Father bought a mint-condition 1985 Eldorado Biarritz in 1980... That car turned heads...

timber6860
03-09-03, 04:30 AM
My first Caddy was a 71 Coupe when I was 19, the body didn't last through all those Wisconsin winters. In my 20's I bought a 79 Seville which I still have but haven't driven in a few years (yard art). Now I live in AZ and about 10 years ago I bought another Seville, 89 which I still drive all the time (185,000K), 7 years ago I bought a black cherry 93 Deville that still runs great (125,000), and 3 years ago I picked up a 96 Deville with 17,000 miles in white Diamond, that I only take out for nights on the town, and weekend pleasure trips, although I took it on a few cross country trips back to Wisconsin. When this one is paid for next year I hope to find an Eldorado ETC (99-02) in Crimson red. Problem is I never get rid of my old ones and the monthly insurance premiums are like a car payment. Bottom line, I'm 42 now...

elwesso
03-09-03, 09:10 AM
Hey timber, if you havent already been properly welcomed, welcome aboard!

BeelzeBob
03-09-03, 10:47 AM
Yeah. Welcome aboard, Timber.. I don't know if I've seen ya yet.. Otherwise.. Nice cars.. The ETCs are amazing.. Click here (http://www.80sxchange.com/caddy.htm) for pictures of my '95 in White Diamond...

timber6860
03-09-03, 12:16 PM
Very, very nice... looks like my mom's 99, only hers is black on black, a bad color for Arizona, and needs weekly washing. (She lives in Wisconsin) White Diamond is definately one of my favorite colors...

timber6860
03-09-03, 12:18 PM
Oh, and thanks for the welcome...!

Elvis
03-09-03, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
... I've been a Cadillac fanatic ever since my Father bought a mint-condition 1985 Eldorado Biarritz in 1980... That car turned heads...

WOW! Sal's dad had a time machine!!!

Infamous Lac
03-09-03, 03:33 PM
Well Im 19 and just brought my first caddy a few weeks ago, Most of my friends call me a pimp for rollin a caddy!

ManInBlack
03-09-03, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
Oh...you wanna piece of me???? :eek:

nah...don't want to get my ass kicked by an old lady ;) :D

JerseyGirl
03-09-03, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
nah...don't want to get my ass kicked by an old lady ;) :D

:shocked2: :tisk: bouncer:

elwesso
03-09-03, 09:22 PM
This is getting interesting.

The worst part is she probably would 'whoop your ass'

ManInBlack
03-09-03, 09:25 PM
i wouldn't doubt it. i don't hit females for any reason whatsoever

JerseyGirl
03-09-03, 10:16 PM
lol...i do. No...j/k. I've never been in a fight in my whole life. :)

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-10-03, 03:33 AM
Hey im 18 and i got my new cts when i was 17. My dad was going through some crazyness and i basically stole the car from him and got it as a graduation gift + scholarship gift. I even have a pair of fuzzy dice in my caddy btw. Im looking to drop some real money into it. I was thinking about strut bars, new cold intake, supercharger/turbocharger (never have figured out the difference), some dvd equipment (3 or 4 screens 2 in headrest, 1 visor and maybe one trunk.) Dual exhaust. Utopia/Focal speakers (maybe but my brother has not yet convinced me) and im also thinking about a nos kit for the track. any other suggestions? Oh i was also gonna hook up a ps2 but hey i am 18. What would you all think about putting a side exhaust a la viper? oh and also how much would shaved door handles cost? It looks soooo cool on the sixteen!

Infamous Lac
03-10-03, 05:30 PM
Those utopias are going to cost a arm and a leg, personally im going with CDT audio HD- series speakers. Also the shave door kits doesn't cost much around $100 or so for two doors but when you get them re-painted with the stock Cadillac paint is where the cost comes. Also side exhaust (to me)just looks horrible on 4 door cars.

Elvis
03-10-03, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
Hey im 18 and i got my new cts when i was 17. My dad was going through some crazyness and i basically stole the car from him and got it as a graduation gift + scholarship gift. I even have a pair of fuzzy dice in my caddy btw. Im looking to drop some real money into it. I was thinking about strut bars, new cold intake, supercharger/turbocharger (never have figured out the difference), some dvd equipment (3 or 4 screens 2 in headrest, 1 visor and maybe one trunk.) Dual exhaust. Utopia/Focal speakers (maybe but my brother has not yet convinced me) and im also thinking about a nos kit for the track. any other suggestions? Oh i was also gonna hook up a ps2 but hey i am 18. What would you all think about putting a side exhaust a la viper? oh and also how much would shaved door handles cost? It looks soooo cool on the sixteen!

You'll probably have to custom-build strut bars and an intake. I'm not real sure what the aftermarket is like for the CTS. Not enough time to catch on, I would think.

The difference (very basically) between a SC and a TC is that the SC pushes air into the intake, while the TC kind of sucks it out of the exhaust. An engine is really just an air pump when you think about it. Both methods boost the output, which is why they call it "forced induction." You might run into some problems finding something like this. Usually a SC or turbo is custom-made for a specific engine/engine bay. It's tough to fit those snail shells in there sometimes.

Be careful with NOS.

Shaved door handles look cool, if that's the look you're going for, but you'll kill your resale value.

Don't forget that you'll be voiding the warranty with some of the performance enhancements you're considering. I'd stick with the entertainment system idea and tint the windows.

Good luck!

elwesso
03-10-03, 06:21 PM
Start with the interior, and dont do anything that could void the warranty until it expires.

Andrew60SP
03-11-03, 05:26 AM
If you plan to spend a bit on performance, I would just wait for the V-series. The parts are already available for the LS1 if 350HP isn't enough. :burn:

If you can't wait that long, this place has a few parts for the CTS:
RSM Racing (http://webhome.idirect.com/~rsm1/main.htm)

As for Supercharger vs. Turbo, S/C is belt-driven (I think), meaning it uses a bit of engine power to force more air into the engine. Pros is that power increases all along the powerband.

T/C utilizes the cooling of exhaust gases to spin a turbine to force air into the engine. Depending on the size of the turbo, power gains are usually in the upper RPM range.

Cheers to being young and full of ideas :banana: :D

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-11-03, 04:05 PM
What should i do when th v-series comes out is the question....i mean i dont wanna take the hit on a trade in, do you think i could put v-series parts in my car?

Infamous Lac
03-11-03, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
What should i do when th v-series comes out is the question....i mean i dont wanna take the hit on a trade in, do you think i could put v-series parts in my car? Parts will not fit performance wise, it carrys a LS1 V8 not your 3.2l V6. Its will be just like comparing a V6 RS camaro to a SS LS1 Camaro.

kcnewell
03-12-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Elvis

Sorry to hear about your bannana dude! I'm 47 and my bannana's just fine!LOL! As for older Caddy owners not knowing about these sites....Some of them just don't get off of the computer thing like the younger people do. I guess at 47 I'm considered by some to be over the hill....But in order to get over the hill you must get to the top first! I'll see Ya when you get up here!:D

ljklaiber
03-12-03, 01:01 PM
I am 62...love my sls.......... and have been building engines,,(mostlySBC) since 1969. Was member of Valvoline race team for 3 years in early 80's..lol Driver..Cale Yarborough. My specialaty was total engine airflow, intake to headers etc. ...... Love the Northstar!

I just play alittle with Dirttrack stuff now...getting lazy in old age..lol

kempie
03-14-03, 10:58 PM
Just turned 56. Still like to peg the speedometer. First Cad was a 55 Deville. Then a 62 Deville, a 75 Deville, a 79 Deville, a 97 Deville, Now the STS. Next one is gonna be a used XLR. Woo Hoo....

PUNK em all 733
03-20-03, 06:18 PM
26 in MAy.

Ralph
03-20-03, 11:47 PM
Hey GreenBay, I am 35 also, what month were you born?

YellowSnake
03-26-03, 04:54 PM

Scrapyard
03-28-03, 01:21 AM
22 in April. Bought my first Caddy when I was 17, an 85 Fleetwood Coupe. Owned 3 total. My current ride, 95 Fleetwood and a 59 Coupe Deville I had to sell about a year ago. Looking for number 4.

DeVillish
03-28-03, 02:04 AM
you had a 59 coupe deville and you sold it!?!?!?!?! worst of all you didnt sell it to me???? dude i could cry!

Scrapyard
03-28-03, 02:34 AM
I did. Unfortunatly, it needed a total resto. The rust was ungodly, it needed most of the glass replaced, needed the entire brake system rplaced, new interior, everything. When the car was delivered it didn't run. The carb was rusted shut. I replaced that and most of the fuel and electrical system befor it atempted to start. When It finally did start, it back fired something fierce through the carb. Almost cought the underhood mat on fire. When I moved back to FL I sold it. I couldn't afford to ship it home or continue working on it. I kick myself for selling it now. It probablly would be road worthy by now and I could sell my 95 without having to hunt down a new ride.

<3 my 95 SLS
09-17-03, 10:56 PM
Just found this thread here :-D Im 18 and I just got my Cadillac Seville SLS. 1995 54k miles. And I love its power and style. Everyone else around here pretty much rices it though. (I hate that).

tru504187211
09-17-03, 11:08 PM
Got the car a day before my 21st B-day, and now I'm 21 and utilizing close parking spaces and perfectly blending in with the olds, buicks and lincolns. Yes, I also get the 'you are too young' but only one person has said they hated my car, but she was a pyscho, and thats a story for a different day. Plus when drunk females ask you what you drive and hear what you've got, they get horny, yesssssssssss.
Jacob Hoppe

Ralph
09-17-03, 11:19 PM
Got the car a day before my 21st B-day, and now I'm 21 and utilizing close parking spaces and perfectly blending in with the olds, buicks and lincolns. Yes, I also get the 'you are too young' but only one person has said they hated my car, but she was a pyscho, and thats a story for a different day. Plus when drunk females ask you what you drive and hear what you've got, they get horny, yesssssssssss.
Jacob Hoppe

Dude, at 21 you need a Trans Am, THEN a Caddy :D What other cars have you had?

DaveSmed
09-17-03, 11:58 PM
Got the '68 when I was 15. I'm 16 now, and the running joke is whenever any of my frends gets a ride, they must comment that it smells like old people. (that is, untill they need help fixing thier own cars.....)

davesdeville
09-18-03, 12:34 AM
I musta missed this thread...

But I'm now 16, and I had my 75 Sedan Deville when I was about 15 and a half, then had to sell it fortunately my grandma bought it so it's in the family still. Then about 2 weeks before my 16th birthday I picked up my 78 Fleetwood Brougham for $975, which was a pretty good deal. Although the vinyl top isn't too bad off, it looks bad, the paint's good, and it runs quiet and strong, and "low retail value" is around $2300, so my $975 isn't lookin too bad.

I just installed my 2 10" subs (MTX, 200w RMS ea.) and amp (Bazooka 400Wx1 RMS @2ohm), so if people say it's an old people car, I reach down, hit the switch and boom, they might still be talking but I can't hear them..

tru504187211
09-18-03, 12:46 AM
Dude, at 21 you need a Trans Am, THEN a Caddy What other cars have you had?

I'm almost embarressed to say what I've had, but at 16 I got a 1991 Pontiac LeMans for $50: manual 4 speed, kinda fun to drive and had the badest sound system in that hooptie, and next I bought a 1987 Buick Somerset Coupe which was an old people car before I bought it and 6 months after that, I had a strong urge to buy a Caddy...so a few weeks of looking turned into a '93 Sixty. Trans Am??? Get outta here, its GM luxury sedans the rest of my life! Know how many people you can get in that car?? It's completely worth it hauling my boys from the club to club to club to hotel to home.
Jacob Hoppe

Ralph
09-18-03, 01:38 AM
I'm almost embarressed to say what I've had, but at 16 I got a 1991 Pontiac LeMans for $50: manual 4 speed, kinda fun to drive and had the badest sound system in that hooptie, and next I bought a 1987 Buick Somerset Coupe which was an old people car before I bought it and 6 months after that, I had a strong urge to buy a Caddy...so a few weeks of looking turned into a '93 Sixty. Trans Am??? Get outta here, its GM luxury sedans the rest of my life! Know how many people you can get in that car?? It's completely worth it hauling my boys from the club to club to club to hotel to home.
Jacob Hoppe

True enough! Tons of back seat room, guess the chicks dig it. :D I got a buddy who insists that when I drive him somewhere, he sits in the back to look cool!? I think it looks kinda stupid. Guess he wants to think he is someone important, and all I need then is a Schoffer's hat. Your first cars were better than mine.

shaggygrosser
09-18-03, 10:12 AM
Jacob Hoppe

No sh!t? I had a '90 Pontiac LeMans when I was 16, too. I've had up to 8 people in that oversized rollerskate. Good times.... but it's long gone now.

I'm 25, and I just bought my CTS this past May. I'll admit that I was NEVER interested in Cadillac before, until I heard that the CTS had a manual transmission. I'm a manual tranny junkie.

SupaFly
09-18-03, 11:52 AM
I'm 23, going to be 24 the 5th of October. I bought my car on my birthday last year.

Blackout
09-18-03, 12:50 PM
Well i am 20 years old and I do not own a Cadillac :D

99STS
09-18-03, 07:42 PM
Well, I'm 53 and this is my first Cadillac. However, I still drive my Mustang 5.0 daily so I'll settle for, say, 35.

Wibble
09-18-03, 08:12 PM
<--- 17, youngest? :)

my caddy, first and only car i have had so far :p

elwesso
09-18-03, 09:31 PM
Im 17..... Drivin the Q....... My first car.....!

low caddy
09-19-03, 07:54 PM
turning 40 in nov and wouldnt drive anything else ,oh and jersey girl you look way younger than your age [and g :worship: ood to i]

rapid rabbit
09-19-03, 08:02 PM
72 goin on thirteen///////////////////////// :rolleyes: :confused:

SLS97
09-19-03, 08:42 PM
I'll be 48 next month! :eek: This is my first Caddy. But I'm the son of a Caddy Daddy!

Elvis
09-19-03, 11:09 PM
To quote Jerry Lee Lewis, I'm 39 and holdin'

buickman69
09-19-03, 11:17 PM
Bought my 1st and last Caddy brand new @ 29 years old. I'm 31 now.

Caddy Man
09-20-03, 06:06 PM
turning 19 in one month

robrr2000
09-22-03, 10:41 AM
29... my first Caddie.

03 CTS.. bought it for myself for my birthday

cadysrme
09-23-03, 07:49 AM
I'm 24 and on my 4th new Cadillac. My first I bought a 21, a new silver 2001 DTS, then bought a 2002 Escalade, then a 2002 Escalade EXT and now I'm on a 2003 black DTS and also own a 1987 Deville. Weird, isn't it?

davesdeville
09-23-03, 05:27 PM
Weird that you have the money to do all that..

botboy
09-28-03, 12:05 PM
I'm 18, don't have a caddy but do have a caddy engine (N*) that I'm prepping to drop into a street rod. I started driving my dads '69 Chevy CST truck until I had the new rearend in my '90 Dakota (2 weeks of hell and 7 MPG until I got my dakota finished....). I've been restoring a Green 'glass dunebuggy that I got when I was 12 and isn't quite driveable yet, and this january I sold the dakota and traded up to my current daily driver, a '70 Chevelle Malibu, which is hopefully sold. Next car will be some small winter beater (turbo dodge if I can find one) while I sell my '42 Dodge WF-31 and use that money + chevelle money towards a solid bodied vintage GM truck (either 39-40 or tri-5) to drop the N* into, along with a T-5, Corvette IRS, custom IFS, and a nice interior/stereo setup.

93_60Special
09-28-03, 06:58 PM
I'm 22, and aside from my 93 60 Special I also have a 83 Mercedes, 99 VW new beetle, 1959, 1971, & 1972 VW Beetles.

Elrod
04-06-05, 10:19 AM
Hey got my my first Cadillac at 40 !! last fall. Everyone says I'm gettn' old. Something does happen to you at 40 you realize fast and crazy ain't as good as slow and smooth.

lundperformance
04-06-05, 01:12 PM
I'll take buttery smooth, and fast. The 3.6 CTS does the trick for me, personally. It has respectible power but yet is smooth when just cruising. Feels great on the highways at 110mph. It just handles. Period.

Our dealership is 17 years old, and I personally, am 20. I wonder if anyone who works here actually knows how old I am? :shhh: Most tend to assume I'm in my mid-20's in person.

RBraczyk
04-06-05, 06:20 PM
Way to dig this thing up from the grave where it belongs....

17 here, junior in HS, inherited my first caddy and now I'm on the blazer.

malcolm
04-06-05, 07:04 PM
Wow, what a long thread, glad to see a few other seniors here. I'm 51, been driving Caddys for 16 years beginning with an 89 Eldo. I used to think that was my favorite until I got into the 05 STS.

RBraczyk
04-06-05, 07:10 PM
Funny how your post count is the same as your age.

slk230mb
04-06-05, 07:16 PM
19 now, I was 17 when I got my Deville, the lease ended and I got the Escalade 9 months later.

MEJIA
04-06-05, 09:55 PM
Right now I have 22

20 when I got my 03, and 22 when I got my 05 EXT last december...

Mejia

tedasaurus
04-06-05, 10:50 PM
34 years old. One Cadillac Grand National winner under my belt (81 Elegante). One regional winner too (1960 Series 62 Conv.) ! I have owned 9 Cadillacs. STS4 is the latest and greatest.

illumina
04-07-05, 12:01 AM
I am 26 years old. I'll be 27 years old some 7 or so months from now. I am a loser. I'm not a loser because my parents are alcoholics: my parents are alcoholics because I'm a loser.

RBraczyk
04-07-05, 12:08 AM
Whats an STS4?

venom242
04-07-05, 01:37 PM
I have only owned Cadillacs, since I was 18. It started with my 78 Sedan Deville, which I still have. I have also owned a 71 SDV and a 65 Fleetwood. Now I own a 97 Eldorado, which when I drive it, my friends say I look like a drug dealer because it is such a nice car. I'm 25 now, and I don't think I will drive anything other than a Cad.

Cadillac forever!

patgizz
04-07-05, 10:58 PM
24, got it last year right before i turned 24. hopefully be in caddy #2 at the end of the year, one of my customers is going to be selling her babied 97 pearl white STS with just over 40k miles and i've been promised first crack at it when she decides to sell.

Sandy
04-07-05, 11:43 PM
I'm too old.
The body says 58
The mind says 31-33
The eyes for women say 18
The desire for woman says 77
Ya, all over the map.
My first car was a 1968 Imperial Crown Convertible, I bought from Dad.

Fleet
04-15-05, 06:24 PM
I am 43 and have been a fan of both Cadillacs and '60s/early '70s muscle cars for about 30 years.

BTW, it's spelled "Chauffeur."

FastSeville666
04-15-05, 07:00 PM
Im 16 and i have A 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS its sweet i just switched my stock exhaust to a dual custom flowmaster exhaust and it sounds sweet but anywayz i got my caddy from my godparents when i was 15 1/2 SWEET AND P.S OWN THE BANANA DUDE!!!! http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif But i like this dude better :burn:

Vette73
07-25-05, 04:02 PM
I'm 35 now and I just bought my first Caddy, a Silver/Black '78 Seville Elegante some weeks ago.

I also own a '73 Corvette, but since the birth of our doughter last Christmas, the Corvette is no longer suitable anymore for family trips :) so I started to look for an elder 4-door American car.

I live in Holland (the country where they charge you $1,68 per liter 95 regular)
but here 25 year old cars become tax free and with oldtimer insurance the Caddy is still an affordable car.

Last Saturday my wife and daughter had their first drive and they actually love it. I hope my wife will drive it more often so we can kick her Rover 45 out and use the Caddy as daily driver :thumbsup:

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 04:48 PM
Too old...... like the thread :shhh:

Playdrv4me
07-25-05, 05:13 PM
Whats an STS4?

To drive!... :histeric: Ok ok... that was bad

STS4 is the Designation for the AWD STS model.

I am 22 and have owned a 96 Lincoln Continental (first car), Nissan Pathfinder, 97 Grand Cherokee, 99 Grand Cherokee, 03 Passat, 2001 Cadillac STS Premium/Sport, 2001 BMW 330i, 2000 740iL, 2002 LS430, and my current vehicle, 2004 Avalanche Z71 since 2001. All over the map I suppose you could say.

addison_ii
07-25-05, 05:28 PM
I'm 24 and I have owned the following: 94 Lumina, 1987 Bonneville, 1989 Sunbird, 1995 Lumina, 1993 Regal GS, 1992 Bonneville SSE, 1989 Bonneville SSE, 1995 Bonneville, 1995 Intrepid, 1990 Bonneville SSE, 1995 olds98, 1993 ETC, 1993 Deville, 1994 STS, 1980 Mercedes 280se, 1991 Bonneville, 1991 Park Avenue.
Bought my first caddy at 21 and have had one every year since. they're addictive.

mccombie_5
07-25-05, 06:12 PM
none - i'm a fake

JC316
07-25-05, 07:09 PM
I am 19.

LilaGirl72Eldo
07-25-05, 10:55 PM
I'm 21 and just bought my first caddy in may as my birthday present, a '72 El Dorado convertible just like Raoul Duke's. It's actually my very first car, but it was well worth the wait.

my parents' had funny reactions when they saw it, i'll never forget the look on my mom's face.

illumina
07-26-05, 12:50 AM
I forget how old I am...:hmm:

majax
07-26-05, 01:07 AM
you didn't drink 2 more bottles of champagne did you ;)

Kev
07-26-05, 01:34 AM
I forget how old I am...:hmm:26

Krashed989
07-26-05, 04:50 AM
I am 17, turn 18 in September. I got my eldo from my dad because I fixed it and the mechanic down the road didn't want to. I was 15 when I got it, didn't even have my permit at that time. At ages 14-15 I was assistant mechanic at the local service station and I was promoted to mechanic at age 16. I start my first semester of college next month.

Sandy
07-26-05, 06:52 AM
I am 58. I did my list on here once. THAT was once too many times :D Some I can't even remember. Beginning those "Senior Moments" 'ya know... :D There were cars I owned and cars from work, and parents cars I drove, some more than they did! They all melt together .... it would take an hour or more to do. Would be eaiser to list the ones I'd like rather than the ones I've had.

Cadikid
07-26-05, 07:30 AM
I'm am 21.

I have an STS and a lot of people don't consider this an old man's car.

deskjockey
07-26-05, 11:45 AM
I be 25!
1965 Mustang
1984 Bronco
1995 Explorer
1999 Blazer
1995 Fatillac SLS

Si Senor

96CADDYDEVILLE
07-26-05, 12:27 PM
IM 23: Had a 96 sebring sedan v6, 87 rx-7, 99 ranger, 99 g. cherokee, 83 tercel tr-5, 02 g. cherokee, 00 mb c230 kompressor, 96 g. voyager, and now a 03 civic 4dr and a 96 deville.

Jesda
07-26-05, 12:40 PM
Well, I'm 23. Here's my list in chronological order:

1988 Nissan Sentra
1988 Mazda 929
1986 Chevy Nova
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E
1991 Ford Explorer
1995 Mazda 626
1988 Mazda 929
1993 Honda Accord
1992 Infiniti Q45

majax
07-26-05, 05:14 PM
Ok Iím 48 and hereís my list. Donít fall asleep on me now:

How on earth do you remember all those cars:confused::eek:

evilrussian
07-26-05, 05:19 PM
26 here

'83 DeVille (still have it :yup: )

'82 Camaro with Crossfire FI

'00 Focus ZX3

'98 Acura CL

mccombie_5
07-26-05, 05:59 PM
How on earth do you remember all those cars:confused::eek:

With great difficulty my friend. I also made a list with the help of my wife. I can remember driving all of them too :D I wonder what the total value might be... if i still had them all especially that Bentley. I wish i still had her. Damned running costs

raoul742024
07-26-05, 09:53 PM
19 here be 20 in december.
1980 camaro
1996 geo metro
1994 dodge intrepid es
2000 dodge intrepid es
1993 mercury grand marquis gs
1992 buick roadmaster limited
1992 caddy coupe de ville

chevyorange
07-27-05, 10:37 PM
32 and waiting for my beloved '94 STS to have its engine reassabled and put back in... I can't believe I'm missing driving it in this great weather in Seattle!

TeagueJT81
07-28-05, 06:44 PM
I'm 18.

And I'm back, at least for a while.

ShadowLvr400
07-28-05, 07:02 PM
22 though I may have posted in here before...

NH Vrod
07-28-05, 09:30 PM
Hey, I'm 40 going on 20 !! My firsy Caddy was a 1991 Eldorado ETC, loved that car, put 130,000. miles on it and only had to chang the front struts at 100,000.

Sarah
07-29-05, 01:01 PM
Am almost 21. When I was seven and my Mom had a cranberry sedan DeVille, I dreamt of someday getting my own Caddy. But they seemed "rich old ladyish." I loved the look of the STS and El Dorado, but never imagined myself affording any Cadillac.

Until this spring when I saw a Catera and opened the driver's side door... and fell instantly in love. :yup:

Night Wolf
07-29-05, 01:30 PM
<---- 18

Randy_W
07-30-05, 01:41 PM
I'll be 53 on 8/2, first Caddy was a 1990 Deville almost 16 years ago. I don't plan on being without one any more.:thumbsup:

Jonny5
08-02-05, 12:57 PM
Im 20, working for Time Warner and loving my Seville sLs! Woot Woot!

Cadillacon22s
09-02-07, 01:57 PM
Im 26 And I Am On My 5th Cadillac. I Currently Own 3 Lacs, A 93 Seville, 93 Fleetwood And A 96 Eldorado.
As I Always Say If It Ain't A Cadillac It Ain't My Car!

05cts-v
09-02-07, 02:00 PM
I'm 40 and this is my first Cadillac.

BigJon
09-02-07, 02:03 PM
i am almost 19

Night Wolf
09-02-07, 02:09 PM
Ok Iím 48 and hereís my list. Donít fall asleep on me now:

Dadís 1961 Jaguar E-Type
1974 Ford Cortina
1978 Rover SD1
1980 Range Rover
1981 BMW M535i
1982 Jaguar XJ6
1982 Mercedes Benz 350SL
1983 Maserati Bi-Turbo
1983 Audi Quattro
1984 BMW 635i
1984 Vauxhall Carlton
1980 Ford Cortina
1985 Vauxhall Cavalier
1985 Citroen CX Estate
1978 BMW 320
1956 Citroen DS
1986 Mercedes 300E
1987 Range Rover
1988 Rover Sterling
1988 BMW 735i
1988 Volvo 740
1989 Peugeot 205
1989 Jaguar XJ6
1990 Jaguar XJS
1991 Mercedes Benz SL320
1991 Peugeot 205 Gti
1992 Vauxhall Cavalier
1977 Jaguar XJ6C
1993 Rover 214i
1993 Citroen XM
1994 Vauxhall Astra GSi
1995 Bentley Turbo R
1995 Isuzu Trooper
1995 Vauxhall Astra Sport
1996 Vauxhall Omega
1996 BMW 320i
1997 BMW 540i
1997 Mercedes Benz C280
1998 Volvo V70
1999 Volvo C70
1998 Jaguar XK8
1999 Cadillac Escalade
1999 Mercedes CLK 320
2000 Mercedes S500
2000 BMW 328i
2001 Vauxhall Astra CDX
2001 Mercedes Benz SLK
2001 Lincoln Town Car
2002 Range Rover
2002 Rover 75
2003 Land Rover Discovery
2003 Volvo XC70
1999 Vauxhall Vectra V6
2004 Cadillac Deville DHS
2004 BMW 545i Wagon
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV
???? VW Phaeton TDi

Thanks for the patience. I know, I know I had some REALLY crappy cars, but some good ones too.

Ahhh yes.... Mccombie.......

Night Wolf
09-02-07, 02:10 PM
<---- 18

Over 2 years ago... now 20.

Holy returned old thread batman!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-02-07, 05:05 PM
Wow, never saw this thread. I'm 20, I'll be 21 in April.

slk230mb
09-02-07, 06:57 PM
I was 19 the first time I posted in this thread. I'm 22 now. And Rick, scanning through these pages and seeing mccombie's post made me edit it. LOL

CaddyChillin77777
09-02-07, 07:59 PM
im 17

FrankT
09-02-07, 08:41 PM
Ahhh yes.... Mccombie.......
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric: :histeric:

Jesda
09-02-07, 08:53 PM
This thread rocks!

FrankT
09-02-07, 08:58 PM
Iím older than this thread, but not older than dirt.

I'm 51 married with a soon to be 5 year old son that attempted to help dad polish his Caddy with a STONE when he was 1! :duh: He's given me a few more gray hairs.
I own a 99 STS everyday driver, 05 Sebring (wife's). My toys, 68 GTO and a 72 Charger SE, owned this one since new, bought it off the showroom floor in late 72 for 3k.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:yup:

93DevilleUSMC
09-03-07, 08:44 PM
My first Caddy was a 71 Coupe when I was 19, the body didn't last through all those Wisconsin winters. In my 20's I bought a 79 Seville which I still have but haven't driven in a few years (yard art). Now I live in AZ and about 10 years ago I bought another Seville, 89 which I still drive all the time (185,000K), 7 years ago I bought a black cherry 93 Deville that still runs great (125,000), and 3 years ago I picked up a 96 Deville with 17,000 miles in white Diamond, that I only take out for nights on the town, and weekend pleasure trips, although I took it on a few cross country trips back to Wisconsin. When this one is paid for next year I hope to find an Eldorado ETC (99-02) in Crimson red. Problem is I never get rid of my old ones and the monthly insurance premiums are like a car payment. Bottom line, I'm 42 now...

Black Cherry or Dark Cherry? I think me and you have the same color Deville. Can you post a pic?

Story on mine is forthcoming.

93DevilleUSMC
09-03-07, 08:50 PM
LOL I just noticed the date, too!:thepan:

MJJ
09-03-07, 09:18 PM
I'm 40 and this is my first Cadillac.
Ditto. :D

93DevilleUSMC
09-04-07, 12:54 AM
I was 16 when Dad bought me my first Cadillac: a 1987 Sedan Deville, Cotillion White white blue cloth interior. I bought my own a week and a half after I was medically discharged from the Marine Corps. It was a 1993 Sedan Deville, Dark Cherry Metallic with Academy Gray body molding and interior. It had about 100,000 miles on the odometer, with a cost of $3,300. One year later, it has 120,xxx on the odometer, and is still going strong. I was 19 at the time.