: the best oil for the northstar engine

keep it fresh
12-07-05, 01:26 PM
which oil is best for a 97 deville with 122k miles in it....my oil pressure light keeps comin on only comes on after i drive it for a long time and it comes on when i stop and when i move it goes off wat could that be a bad sensor? my mechanic said cadillacs do that as the engine ages

Frost
12-07-05, 02:27 PM
My '97 SDV gets only the best - synthetics all the way. Use Mobil 1 synthetic oil, synthetic ATF, Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer, Lucas UCL with every fill-up, K&N oil and air filters - you get the picture.

Ranger
12-07-05, 05:04 PM
Best oil? Please, please don't say those words. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. :horse:

auroradude
12-07-05, 11:06 PM
Im with the other dude, use M1 if your seals can handle it. Mine cant, and it leaks excessively. I actually may have to have the engine pulled if it leaks anymore. Its throwing up about a quart or so every 6-700 miles. Used to be every 1000. Seems like every 2 weeks the Check Oil Level msg comes on.

GreenMachine
12-08-05, 12:11 AM
Mine 98 deville gets "Kendall GT-1 5W-30 Sythetic Blend Oil", I believe its the high mileage blend that includes "SealMax" to improve (or revitalize as kendall puts it) engine seals.

peteski
12-08-05, 03:59 AM
Please lets not have yet another "best oil" thread where everybody has a different opinion.

Please search the archives - there are literally dozens of threads on this specific subject (and hundreds of possible answers). Nobody can ever agree (we don't even have a majority choice).

Peteski

GreenMachine
12-08-05, 04:12 AM
Mine 98 deville gets "Kendall GT-1 5W-30 Sythetic Blend Oil", I believe its the high mileage blend that includes "SealMax" to improve (or revitalize as kendall puts it) engine seals. I'd like an opinion on Kendall if possible, I know what the opinions of mobil 1 and Amsoil are. Seems good to me and the car runs greatwith a smoother idle compared to when standard non-synthetic was used. Might be a placibo effect though :P

mcowden
12-08-05, 11:02 AM
I'd like an opinion on Kendall if possible, I know what the opinions of mobil 1 and Amsoil are. Seems good to me and the car runs greatwith a smoother idle compared to when standard non-synthetic was used. Might be a placibo effect though :P

If you want an opinion on a particular oil, or what oil is best for a particular application, visit www.bobistheoilguy.com. I'm closing this thread because it's just an invitation for craziness. Use the Search feature above and you'll find countless threads and posts on oil topics.