: All time low, even for you!!

Randy_W
12-07-05, 09:21 AM
I can't believe that the moderators closed the Does anyone like Cadillac thread! What a bunch of wusses! He told the truth, Playdrv said watch it and that's it the thread is closed, wow! I truely expected better from the self professed 'intelectuals', here. As for the Ford and Chevy guys being redneck Thunderbird drinkers that aren't cereberal, do you really believe any of you here are smarter than Smokey Yunick, Ralph Moody, Duntov, etc...? How arrogant can some of you be, you think driving a ten year old glorified Nissan,(Infinity), makes you somehow brilliant? Like Cadillac or don't, your business, but this BS that some of you feel superior because you can read Auto Week, is getting a bit old!

PS: Close the thread, ban me, I don't give a flying shit!!! This needed to be said!:thumbsup:

RobertCTS
12-07-05, 09:53 AM
I think some posters were getting very cruel and rude. We're here to debate but some exceeded the rules for a fair debate.

I know how you feel. I've had my threads locked because some of the nasty poster got out of control and ruined it for others.

The Mods make their best judgement call. That's why I liked the Rep Points. Some of these guys crawled back into the woodwork when they saw they could be banned. Sal said it was coming back but who knows when.

Katshot
12-07-05, 10:02 AM
Like it or not, there IS some truth in what Jesda said. I've seen it myself many times. Maybe he didn't need to put it so bluntly but nevertheless he's right. Also, what's wrong with Autoweek? I read it every week. I think it's a very well-written car mag. Also remember, they're owned by the what's probably the automotive industry bible, Automotive News, so I would suggest that they are as accurate as anyone could be. The RAG I hate is Automobile. That is the snob's auto mag IMO.

EcSTSatic
12-07-05, 10:36 AM
I personally don't give a crap about the opinion threads posted here. Like they say, "Opinions are like a$$h***s, everyone has one". I come here sharing knowledge regarding Cadillacs. There are better forums for political or business related issues. Here's another secret; there are even forums for other car makes. :eek:

RobertCTS
12-07-05, 10:44 AM
Remember this is the Lounge. At the top of the page you will find:

The Cadillac Forums Lounge Only non-Cadillac discussion goes here. Cadillac discussions belong elsewhere.

Katshot
12-07-05, 11:10 AM
Remember this is the Lounge. At the top of the page you will find:

The Cadillac Forums Lounge Only non-Cadillac discussion goes here. Cadillac discussions belong elsewhere.

Fair enough. I must admit, right off hand I'm not sure that I'm not guilty of posting some Caddy stuff in there myself. I keep forgetting there's two different places for this stuff.
This was always one of my pet peeves about this place. TOO MANY STINKIN' INDIVIDUAL FORUMS! There's no reason to have so many damn forums here. It all gets very confusing and is far more complicated than it needs to be IMO.

Randy_W
12-07-05, 12:57 PM
Like it or not, there IS some truth in what Jesda said. I've seen it myself many times. Maybe he didn't need to put it so bluntly but nevertheless he's right. Also, what's wrong with Autoweek? I read it every week. I think it's a very well-written car mag. Also remember, they're owned by the what's probably the automotive industry bible, Automotive News, so I would suggest that they are as accurate as anyone could be. The RAG I hate is Automobile. That is the snob's auto mag IMO.

He's not right, Chevy and Ford owners are no more likely to be ignorant than import owners.AS many or more so called rednecks drive Hyundai's and Nissans and all the other entry level import crap as drive Chevy's and Fords. It's painfully obvious on this forum that driving imports is much more likely to make you arrogant than smart!

Katshot
12-07-05, 01:55 PM
He's not right, Chevy and Ford owners are no more likely to be ignorant than import owners.AS many or more so called rednecks drive Hyundai's and Nissans and all the other entry level import crap as drive Chevy's and Fords. It's painfully obvious on this forum that driving imports is much more likely to make you arrogant than smart!

Randy,
My guess is he was trying to point out the fact that the Ford vs. Chevy rivalry has been going on for what seems like FOREVER, and most Chevy or Ford fans are usually fairly vocal and sometimes down-right ignorant about their support. Don't believe me, try visiting a forum that is mainly made up of Chevy performance guys. I used to get in fights all the time at the Impala SS forum if I ever uttered any supporting comments about a Ford. IMO, the basic Ford & Chevy guys that would even know or care about the rivalry are same kind of guys that you'd find at a NASCAR race. Need I say more?

Randy_W
12-07-05, 02:08 PM
I understand that there is that element, but last time I went to Lowes Motor Speedway, I saw people named Petty, Penske, Lutz and an air conditioned grand stand full of CEO's and the like. It ain't all good od boys, and hasn't been for forty years. As for the Ford and Chevy guys being of a certain ilk, that's like saying all import owners are ricers.:confused:

Katshot
12-07-05, 02:16 PM
I understand that there is that element, but last time I went to Lowes Motor Speedway, I saw people named Petty, Penske, Lutz and an air conditioned grand stand full of CEO's and the like. It ain't all good od boys, and hasn't been for forty years. As for the Ford and Chevy guys being of a certain ilk, that's like saying all import owners are ricers.:confused:
You know as well as I do that I'm not trying to generalize EVERYONE that attends a NASCAR race, I'm talking about the thousands that have season tickets, take their campers there ahead of time, mainly just go to party.....
You know what I meant. And as far as generalizing the "Ford and Chevy guys", I did specify the guys that support the rivalry. There's obviously literally millions of Chevy and Ford owners that aren't even aware there IS a rivalry.
Let's not knit-pick here. I think we all know what Jesda's comment meant.

Playdrv4me
12-07-05, 02:31 PM
I can't believe that the moderators closed the Does anyone like Cadillac thread! What a bunch of wusses! He told the truth, Playdrv said watch it and that's it the thread is closed, wow! I truely expected better from the self professed 'intelectuals', here. As for the Ford and Chevy guys being redneck Thunderbird drinkers that aren't cereberal, do you really believe any of you here are smarter than Smokey Yunick, Ralph Moody, Duntov, etc...? How arrogant can some of you be, you think driving a ten year old glorified Nissan,(Infinity), makes you somehow brilliant? Like Cadillac or don't, your business, but this BS that some of you feel superior because you can read Auto Week, is getting a bit old!
PS: Close the thread, ban me, I don't give a flying shit!!! This needed to be said!:thumbsup:

I cant tell if your implying that I closed the thread or not, but for the record I did NOT. I left it open after I made my comments and just made the point to mention it probably WAS going to go that way if people didnt sell down. In fact it was another mod who used his best judgement and decided to close it even after I said Id leave it open. That is why there are moderator(s) here instead of just one in places like the lounge.

Having said that, there is no further explanation necessary and this thread is only a place to throw blame from unextinguished flames from that OTHER thread. I really do not like the direction these threads are heading and for no good reason.

Ian