: Live! Disgruntled customer vs Caddy service rep.

powerglide
12-07-05, 04:26 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59588

I almost never venture too far out of my lounge, -2005 deville, and northstar sections but I stumbled into the V forums and found an interesting discussion between a forum member and his nightmare with his dealership and the actual service rep who registered to try and do damage control!

I know cross posting is somehow frowned upon so if someone wants to kill this thread or move it, I'll uinderstand.

RobertCTS
12-07-05, 07:24 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59588

I almost never venture too far out of my lounge, -2005 deville, and northstar sections but I stumbled into the V forums and found an interesting discussion between a forum member and his nightmare with his dealership and the actual service rep who registered to try and do damage control!

I know cross posting is somehow frowned upon so if someone wants to kill this thread or move it, I'll uinderstand.

Hey, it's the Lounge and we have a bit of flexibility.

All that was about a friggin' battery failure. The AC Delco batteries are not very good. I had mine replaced under warranty in the first year. No problems. They acted like it was normal procedure. It seems like service varies with the dealerships.

tstach
12-07-05, 12:04 PM
That's bizzarre. My old dealer in Grand Rapids, MI (Harvey Cadillac) would have, without hesitation, replaced the battery after my second time in. They never haggled over these kind of nickel and dime issues. Their goal was to obtain and keep their valuable customer base.

They even replaced my right front wheel bearing 5000 miles outside of the original factory warranty under, what they called, goodwill.

I mean we're talking about what, a $60k automobile?

Katshot
12-07-05, 12:46 PM
That's bizzarre. My old dealer in Grand Rapids, MI (Harvey Cadillac) would have, without hesitation, replaced the battery after my second time in. They never haggled over these kind of nickel and dime issues. Their goal was to obtain and keep their valuable customer base.
They even replaced my right front wheel bearing 5000 miles outside of the original factory warranty under, what they called, goodwill.
I mean we're talking about what, a $60k automobile?

You'd think that would be a no-brainer, huh? :rolleyes:

powerglide
12-07-05, 01:17 PM
Exactly my point....the dude just bought a brand new big bucks automobile from you!! I kinda expect this kind of crap when I roll in with my 98 I bought off of ebay (still not a pleasant experience to be treated like shit) but this guy bought new from YOU!

Not only that, now its totally public, and the cost to his business is gonna be worth a truckload of batteries.....what a numbnuts. Him making cheezy excuses makes things worse.

Good thing this is CadillacForums and not the 4x4Extreme forums or this guy would be getting threats and prank calls by now :D
(remember that thread about Charlie Wenzel, the guy who stiffed a forum member on some used parts?)