: SOCALers Unite: Service sucks!

ctsvett
12-06-05, 11:40 PM
We are all getting crappy service.... Lets all find a dealer who will do a good job and give them our service business... Maybe even future sales business when we trade in our Vs for the Ls7 08....

I am willing to drive anywhere in the basin at this point... Or lets all go find the regional rep and have a "meeting" with him to discuss this.

Power in numbers ladies and gentleman...

You know my e-mail address.

Reed

Dreamin
12-06-05, 11:45 PM
Lindsay Cadillac... it's the only way to go...

Oh crap... yahoo-maps says they're 2660.7 miles from Los Angeles :( :( :(

Katech
12-06-05, 11:49 PM
Lindsay Cadillac... it's the only way to go...

Oh crap... yahoo-maps says they're 2660.7 miles from Los Angeles :( :( :(

How far are you willing to drive for customer service!? :stirpot:

Barak
12-07-05, 12:03 AM
You know I'm with you all the way Reed!:highfive:

Luna.
12-07-05, 12:25 AM
Too bad Oxnard/Ventura is too far away for many of you. I believe that the dealership I go to has terrific customer service. Look up that place in Vans Nuys fellas--I think they are supposed to be really good.

wicked v
12-07-05, 12:36 AM
I bought my car at Young Cadillac in Escondido Ca. I dont think they are V experts but they have taken good care of me. I picked up my V one time and there was a new door ding. The service manager felt terrible and not only fixed that door ding but also fixed another one that was my fault for free. When I first bought the car I had a scratch on the inside of one of my rims ( of course I didnt notice, too much brake dust). I went back two weeks after the fact and they repainted it no questions asked! I also complained about some very small imperfections in the paint, and I mean small! I told the service rep " hey see if you guys can get that little spec of dirt out of the paint for me, if not no big deal!". I came back from vacation and they had repainted half the car. At first I was pissed, but they did such a great job I couldnt believe it. They sent it out to a great body shop and you can't tell it was repainted. So far they have been good to me.

51PHFTY
12-07-05, 02:10 AM
We are all getting crappy service.... Lets all find a dealer who will do a good job and give them our service business... Maybe even future sales business when we trade in our Vs for the Ls7 08....

I am willing to drive anywhere in the basin at this point... Or lets all go find the regional rep and have a "meeting" with him to discuss this.

Power in numbers ladies and gentleman...

You know my e-mail address.

Reed

Reed,

So far so good at my place (Parkway in Valencia). Nothing major has gone down yet, although my clunking is getting a lot worse as of late. It is a pretty far drive for you. I am in for a meeting with a regional rep. and if you want, perhaps I can set up a meeting with you, me and my service rep. at Parkway just to make sure everyone will get treated right. I do have some information which I will not write here as I am sure GM reps. look at this stuff. While of course I would never mod. my car, the mechanics have asked more than once if they can drive it for some reason. They even asked about a UUC shifter they had heard about from someone as maybe something they could offer to clients.

If you do not have my number anymore (I was the one who met you at the BH Hilton for the E Live download), let me know and I will E Mail it to you.

Marty

Mutlu
12-07-05, 03:20 AM
I am very happy with Martin Cadillac and actually the tech that works on my car has a V as well. His name is Frankie and he is a very nice guy. Highly recommend this dealership. They are located in WLA.

Ishminder
12-07-05, 03:39 AM
Reed...Thanks for the post!
I am really hoping I dont have to drive another 1+ hours in traffic back to the dealer to make them hear my differential noise again!
Some person stated that they got a new transmission because they found it hard to shift into reverse and first in NEVADA! Sounds like us, only we're in California and they deny everything under warranty! Wanna drive to Nevada with me?
I dont know why Cadillac is doing this, but I have had enough experience with manual cars to know my transmission is not normal and the rear of my car is whining and needs to be replaced, regardless of them claiming these issues as "normal" with other CTS-V's or denying they heard the whine even after they sat there with me and said, "Oh yeah, it needs a new differential"!!!!!!!
Problem is, I can't even sell the car with the whine and the transmission in that state! Im stuck with a piece of crap that I thought I would have as one of my best cars! Even my 98 corvette is in better condition with 80000 miles! I'm just waiting for them to claim next that we drove the car too rough and screwed our transmissions, therefore it won't be under warranty.
I think it is an excellent idea if the people in Southern California are having problems with their V...we meet at one dealership and argue together. It really helps each others cases and hopefully we can get stuff accomplished that way! It would also help if people that do not have problems come so these dealers and reps have cars they can drive and compare to, so they do not claim..."this is a normal characteristic of the CTS-V...deal with it." Let me know your thoughts fellow V owners.

Koooop
12-07-05, 11:22 AM
I love to join you guys in a rant, but unfortunately I have nothing to complain about...

Dennisscars
12-07-05, 11:39 AM
I am very happy with Martin Cadillac and actually the tech that works on my car has a V as well. His name is Frankie and he is a very nice guy. Highly recommend this dealership. They are located in WLA.

:yeah: Me too. I drive over an hour, past 3 dealers to get there.

Late BrakeU2
12-07-05, 12:02 PM

Frankie has serviced mine as well.Martin has a good VIP program,i've had mine in for it's first comp service,and took it back to document the diff whine(even thought there was none)both times the car was done when promised,and washed as well-

heavymetals
12-07-05, 12:12 PM
I have had my car into PENSKE and I have no complaints about the way they
treat me or the servicing of my car (even with the mods) :shhh:

You know me well enough to know that if I had complaint you would hear about it.

BadCad
12-07-05, 01:18 PM
Reed - you bring your car to Pensky; no that happy there with them?

ctsvett
12-07-05, 02:45 PM
We will see how happy I am with them on friday...

The mechanic is very good (I actually bring him a 6 pack when he works on my car- FOR AFTER WORK!)... he does good work, but its getting anything escalated that is becoming difficult...

Reed

blackonblackonblack
12-07-05, 02:55 PM
My car has been at Felix Cadillac in downtown LA for the past month. Close to nothing has been accomplished. Before that, I had my car in Costa Mesa at Nabers Cadillac. That also took forever, 3 day turn around time for an oil and diff fluid change. Dutton Cadillac in Riverside I can't say is much better. They had to replace the rail under my drivers seat and it took them 2 days to find out what was wrong with it, 2 to order the part and get it in, and another day to install it.

Also, Cadillac refuses to do ANY work under warranty. When I had my M3, the service techs would compliment me on my car and loved my modifications. There was not one point I owned my car that they made me pay for warranty work or went out of their way to prove that the modifications altered the parts that needed to be replaced.

trekster
12-08-05, 01:28 PM
Whatever you do don't bother going to Massey Cadillac in Downey, CA. Words can't even explain how fed up I am with these fvckers. I'm willing to do a 45 min drive to get my car done right!

10secvette
12-09-05, 12:57 PM
Anybody use Paradise in Temecula?? They have been very good with warranty issues on my modded c5 and my friends Catera. The Catera's trans took a crap 6 months after the warranty was up and they covered it. They went above and beyond for me with a GM extended warranty on my c5 vert top. Rear window defrost wire broke off (with some help from me) and they replaced the WHOLE TOP under warranty. ( it was starting to fray from the drvs. window rubbing on it and I was getting ready to sell it)

I spoke with a few of the service writers prior to buying my V, they are more than friendly with mods, as long as they are not the cause of the problem IE. CAI and you hydrolock the engine. I will be bringing mine in next week for a outstanding recall and get a better feel then how they are going to behave.

At least they are another alternative..........