: You Won't Believe This! (long Story...)

JRoller
12-06-05, 10:49 PM
I am on my way to the local dealership with a print out of the part numbers to fix my minor/major complaints after $20K moderate miles. 5 minutes from my destination, another CTS-V pulls into my rearview mirror, flashes his lights, and waits for me to slow down. I figure I'm going in for a few repairs anyway, so let's see how far we can take this! At 30mph on an open 4 lane highway we go WOT! to 130MPH for a solid 3-4 miles. I have to take the next exit, so I slow down, catch the light, and then it's a straight away again. THIS GUY FOLLOWS ME. It's 7am, going opposite any traffic, so we are taking turns hard, shooting every straight we can, and generally just trying to show who the better driver is. I almost miss my turn off for the dealership, and have to lock up the wheels to make it. THIS GUY FOLLOWS ME. Half a mile later I pull into the service department, and park at the service door. This guy gets out of his car and comes towards me, I figure to just make introductions, and share our enthusiasm. He introduces himself as the SERVICE MANAGER!! Just as I start trying to remember where the next closest dealer is, he says, "I respect a guy that pays good money, for a good car, and isn't afraid to drive it."
:jawdrop:
I waited to post this until I got a call back from him regarding my repairs. "Car is all ready to go, Joe. New diff, new clutch, new transmission, and the bushing kit that should help a little with that wheel hop." Picked it up, drives excellent, and now that I know a good dealer, I figure I should be good to go for another couple thousand miles......

I'll make sure I update the dealer rankings (I've heard a mix of good and bad about them, and Las Vegas isn't known for good deals), but this was absolutely unbelievable.

Parker
12-06-05, 10:55 PM
Thats one of the best storys I've ever heard dealing with Cadillac.:thumbsup:

starfox86
12-06-05, 11:00 PM
wow, great story!......why did you need a new tranny though?

Staxxin
12-06-05, 11:02 PM
Great Story!!!

JRoller
12-06-05, 11:05 PM
wow, great story!......why did you need a new tranny though?

I was having a hard time getting it into reverse every now and then, and sometimes first. They ordered a new shifter without even sitting in my car, and then once it was on the lift, they found out it wasn't the shifter (left the new one in there anyway) but instead the syncros. No questions asked, they simply put in new transmission.

Luna.
12-06-05, 11:09 PM
Is this Cadillac of Las Vegas West?

JRoller
12-06-05, 11:13 PM
Is this Cadillac of Las Vegas West?

Nope. Findlay in Henderson. I've heard of a lot of exec. squables over there, and with the pending bankruptcy, I was a little aprehensive, but no issues this go around.

Skiddles
12-06-05, 11:13 PM
NOW, that's what I'm talking about! Service to backup the V.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-07-05, 12:14 AM
I love it! But now I'm wondering if he was driving a customer's car. Hmmmm????:hmm:

Every time I bring my V in for service, it comes back with a big gas deficit and an average fuel economy at or about 10mpg.

All I can think is that they've let one of those drueling little lot boys take it for an unsupervised joy ride. I mentioned it to the service manager the last time I was in and he insisted that they don't let the lot boys drive customer's cars off premesis, especially a V. :halo:

So........... remembering a suggestion I got here at the forum, I turned on tracking before I left. Sure enough, I got it back showing avearage MPG of 11.2 and near empty fuel. The NAV showed me that they'd been all over town. Judging from the distance between the tracking dots on some of those back roads, I'd say they were easily doing over 90mph on some residential roads in 30mph zones. :banghead:

obzidian
12-07-05, 02:09 AM
Wow, that is great story!! Must of been an interesting experience...

Now, how do you turn on the tracking, i have found that the time i went to the dealer the mileage was WAY off....

DrivingAmericanNow
12-07-05, 12:06 PM
Could be a double post here......

I really can't remember how I turned on Tracking, but it took me about 5 or 10 minutes sitting in the dealership lot poking buttons here and there until I got it going. I think I found it under the main settings button beneath the volume knob. Too bad they didn't design a more user-friendly interface for the NAV; it's a bit wacky as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe someone here can provide a better list of directions for you.

obzidian
12-07-05, 02:52 PM
that would be great. Im gonna try and figure this out...thanks!!!

dqw1
12-07-05, 03:17 PM
to turn on tracking you have to be on the NAV screen. Push in the "right" knob and your NAV menu comes up. Scroll all the way to the bottom and I believe "Tracking" is the last selection. Then push in the "Right" knob and tracking is on. You have to clear it every once in a while or you'll have tracking bubbles all over your map. I normally use mine if I drive into an area I'm not familiar with and want to use the bubbles to retrace my steps. Nice feature.
We men don't get lost, we get "sidetracked".

lawfive
12-07-05, 04:40 PM
I love it! But now I'm wondering if he was driving a customer's car. Hmmmm????:hmm:

Every time I bring my V in for service, it comes back with a big gas deficit and an average fuel economy at or about 10mpg.

All I can think is that they've let one of those drueling little lot boys take it for an unsupervised joy ride. I mentioned it to the service manager the last time I was in and he insisted that they don't let the lot boys drive customer's cars off premesis, especially a V. :halo:

So........... remembering a suggestion I got here at the forum, I turned on tracking before I left. Sure enough, I got it back showing avearage MPG of 11.2 and near empty fuel. The NAV showed me that they'd been all over town. Judging from the distance between the tracking dots on some of those back roads, I'd say they were easily doing over 90mph on some residential roads in 30mph zones. :banghead:

Hahaha... now it's clear. When Drivin's dealer is done with any service they ship it to Las Vegas and let their service manager give it a shakedown verification run!

DrivingAmericanNow
12-07-05, 05:06 PM
Hahaha... now it's clear. When Drivin's dealer is done with any service they ship it to Las Vegas and let their service manager give it a shakedown verification run!

Damn, I shoulda stowed away in the trunk. I hear everything's legal out there.

lawfive
12-07-05, 05:40 PM
No shit! And soon Heidi Fleiss will be opening a cathouse stocked with male prostitutes... so even Urby will have a reason to go there!! :histeric:

Sorry... couldn't help it... I love you, Urby.

obzidian
12-07-05, 05:51 PM
thanks...

this might get good!!

urbanski
12-07-05, 07:04 PM
No shit! And soon Heidi Fleiss will be opening a cathouse stocked with male prostitutes... so even Urby will have a reason to go there!! :histeric:

Sorry... couldn't help it... I love you, Urby.
flash back to the stock maggie tune and i'll race ya for pinks :thepan: :bighead: :bonkers: