: Someone help, bad hop from rolling start

arr0gant
12-06-05, 08:19 PM
Even from a rolling start at 8mph, when I open the throttle fully it hops. It's almost as if the chassis can't handle it. Will the Bushings GM fix, fix this? I have looked around and havnt really found a definitive answer for the rolling start. I would just like to be able to drive the car without feeling like I am gonna break it. Sorry if i am re-hashing, but i cant really figure out if this car is really made to be drivin' hard. Im really sure most of you are sick of seeing post about this, but I have only had the car for 3 days, and I am just afraid I may really hurt this thing. Should I just baby it???

ctsvett
12-06-05, 08:25 PM
get the GM bushings first (doesn't cost anything) and then decide if you need to do more...

Reed

crowan
12-06-05, 09:22 PM
Is the traction control on? You may be experiencing the computer engaging rather than wheel hop which you can also get with full throttle starts from a standstill.

You can flog the V like a red headed stepchild around a road course and it will ask for more. There is no need to baby it. However, if you prefer to drive it like a drag car, you need to to either work carefully on your launch techniques or prepare to be disappointed. This is not intended to be a drag car.

Of course, you can always get a car with less power and/or an automatic tranny, but what fun would that be?

04CTSVFLA
12-06-05, 09:30 PM
how come I dont experience wheel hop or burn the tires simply from accelerating in 1st.....I only hop/burn the tires when shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 and a lil from 3-4......Do I maybe have one of those weak Ls6'S, IF I DO IM GONNA BE PISSED lol LOL LOL :banghead: ???

wildwhl
12-06-05, 10:10 PM
What? You have wheel hop? :hmm:

Never heard o' tat b4 :rolleyes:

CVP33
12-06-05, 10:37 PM
A,

If you're in a cold weather climate you'll be experiencing alot more of this. Even here in VA I can hop the car from a roll in 1st or 2nd. Cold tires, cold street = bad hop. There is no quick cure. And yes I have the GM bushings installed.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-06-05, 10:55 PM
At first, I bad had wheel hop at the slightest provocation. I installed the BMR kit and now I've got to get on it before it starts to hop. Yes, cold and wet weather make it worse. I think you'll appreciate the GM bushings, I hear they're similar to the BMR, so they don't elimiate hop, but they'll make it significantly less easy to induce.

urbanski
12-07-05, 09:37 AM
What? You have wheel hop? :hmm:

Never heard o' tat b4 :rolleyes:
shocking isn't it