: Time to let the V go... What is she worth?

Harley Guy
12-06-05, 01:53 PM
Well everyone this has truly been fun being part of this great forum:thumbsup: , but it is time for me to go. I have put the V up for the winter and have now decided to sell it. Looking to get a roadster of some type (C6 is the strong candidate at this time). I want to sell now and buy in the spring so I am not considering trading.

The car is a 2005 Platinum V with a sunroof. I am currently at about 14K miles. I have a Corsa exhaust, complete clear bra and the StealthV CAGS eliminator. I also have a Volant CAI in a box that I have not installed. I have a set of Goodyear F1 GS D3ís on with less then 2k miles on them. I also have a factory original wheel for a spare with a barley legal original run flat on it. (The wheel came from the infamous Urbanski ).

What is the current range that I can expect to get on this as a private party sale? I know what the various websites are saying, but what is really happening?

heavymetals
12-06-05, 02:00 PM
Well, if your gonna get a C6 Z06 what can I say?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anything else (C6) is just a V with with 2 doors.

Harley Guy
12-06-05, 02:28 PM
Not looking at the Z06 since I want a raodster. Looking for a little topless fun in the sun. (Boy that statement should get the forum's creative juices flowing).

Playdrv4me
12-06-05, 03:30 PM
KBB etc. will tell you somewhere in the low 40s to mid 40s.

Real world probably 36-39, since brand new 05's are running anywhere from 40-42 right now.

Harley Guy
12-09-05, 09:05 AM
Not getting much input on this. :banghead: I am thinking of trying to sell this on E-bay. The thought being that this is kind of a specialty car and I am not sure that the pool of interested enthusiasts would be big enough in my area. Do any of you have experience buying or selling a car on e-bay?

thefly
12-09-05, 09:51 AM
based on what i have seen on ebay. $40k would be luckily. i shopped an 05 seriously, but ended up getting an 06. being silver might help your cause, most of them were redline, stealth gray, or black. i saw an 05 with 2k miles go for $38.7K a month ago. i really had to hold back not to bid. i think $36-39 is realistic on ebay. autotrader is another story all together might fare better there who knows.

as for selling a car on ebay. never done it. i might look into the buy it now, with a best offer option. basically set the buy it now and see what the best offer you get is, not sure what obligation or how much $$$ they charge to list it that way. they do have several services that can assist. shipping, inspection, etc. if you don't have a clear title it could be a pain, but not necessarily

DansCTSV
12-09-05, 09:52 AM
I found mine on ebay but it was local so I did all my negotiating in person. I bought it in April. It was an '05 with 2300 miles on it.

globed70
12-09-05, 11:18 AM
I think you'll end up 33-36k, you've got miles and new 05s are selling cheap. I've had some luck on eBay... you know, the new C6 roadsters are being discounted heavily (check Kerbeck and the rest), if they give you a decent trade value, it may make some sense.

Harley Guy
12-09-05, 01:13 PM
I was talking to Kerbeck a while back. They have great pricing on the C6's. The problem is that they absolutely will not provide any input on what they would give me for my car, even though they also have a Cadillac dealership. Given the I am in Pittsburgh and they are in Atlantic City, I did not feel like making the dive there with the possiblity of getting disappointed once I got there.

feline
12-09-05, 05:25 PM
Well I was just offered $30,000 for my 2004 "V" with ONLY 2600 miles--a NEW YORK dealer and he was discounting the VETTE about $3,000 dollars -- it is a leftover 2005 Vette. Another dealer here in OHIO was showing me $36,000 and NOT taking anything off of the Vette (2005).
Ginnie

CTS-V Racing
12-09-05, 08:28 PM
I may be interested in your V. I have just started looking and you like to talk to you about yours. Please email me.

feline
12-09-05, 10:22 PM
CTS-V Racing, I just tried to send you a Private e-mail and it Would NOT go thru--Please e-mail me (mhassett@adelphia.net) or Better yet feel free to call us COLLECT - 440-964-8276 -- also you can visit our Web-Site and see pictures of the car (www.hassettroofing.com/cars)
THANKS for the interest
Ginnie

Harley Guy
12-10-05, 02:43 PM
I may be interested in your V. I have just started looking and you like to talk to you about yours. Please email me.

Not sure if your talking to Feline or me, but if you want more info on my near perfect 2005 Platinum V you can e-mail me at manning101@gmail.com.

Harley Guy
12-10-05, 02:45 PM
Well I was just offered $30,000 for my 2004 "V" with ONLY 2600 miles--a NEW YORK dealer and he was discounting the VETTE about $3,000 dollars -- it is a leftover 2005 Vette. Another dealer here in OHIO was showing me $36,000 and NOT taking anything off of the Vette (2005).
Ginnie

Ginnie,
I am probably as surprised to hear you are thinking of selling your V as you are to see that I am selling mine. Great time we had in Ohio at Corsa and Mallett. I guess you never droped the $ on the Mallett upgrade. Good luck selling the V and good luck with whatever comes next. Wherever we go from here I am sure the on-line community will not be able to hold a caldle to this V forum.

Steve

Lawrenzo
12-10-05, 03:29 PM
KBB etc. will tell you somewhere in the low 40s to mid 40s.

Real world probably 36-39, since brand new 05's are running anywhere from 40-42 right now.

Where are these dealers? I test drove an 05 yesterday, and they were asking $48K for a 10k mile platinum. I am considering a new 06 as well. Where is the best place to find dealers that actually "deal"??

OldRoadDawg
12-10-05, 03:43 PM
Chesrown in Newark, OH has offered some pretty nice prices here on the forum from time to time. And their ad is along the side of the screen.

arr0gant
12-10-05, 07:10 PM
Not getting much input on this. :banghead: I am thinking of trying to sell this on E-bay. The thought being that this is kind of a specialty car and I am not sure that the pool of interested enthusiasts would be big enough in my area. Do any of you have experience buying or selling a car on e-bay?

I bought my last car (still have it) 2000 Boxster S on ebay. Drove from Missouri to Tx. to pic it up. Great experience and deal.

If you don't have good feedback rating, at least 40 or so with NO neg feedback, you will not get as much for your car. Serious people WILL NOT take the chance on you. Also, if you put it for a very low, no reserve price, you run the risk of losing a-lot of money.

Unless you have a hi rating or can find a friend who is willing to sell it under their account with a high rating, I would recommend against Ebay.

Good luck!!!
Arr0gant

feline
12-10-05, 11:45 PM
Harley Guy, PLEASE check your Private E-mails.
Thanks,
Ginnie

powerglide
12-11-05, 12:24 AM
I have had great luck with ebay and craigslist buying and selling cars. Try the craigslist its free so you have nothing to lose. I sold a car on there in less than a week and the dude drove 250 miles with cash in hand. Paid me more than double what the dealer offered. As for ebay, what arr0gant said is the truth....its a place for folks looking to buy on the cheap rather than guys loking to sell cars for more that they can get elsewhere.

Good luck.

VTW I bought this Deville on ebay.....I was in tokyo at the time, bought it online, flew straight to Florida and drove it home to NYC!
Great experience.

Skiddles
12-11-05, 02:39 AM
How about just placing a FOR SALE sign on your car and keep on with your routine driving. All that I had (on sign) were those two words and telephone #. This was successful for me. You have to know what your car is truly going for in the market. You will have to leave your emotions at home, because, good or bad, this is a business decision.

Good Luck

Skiddles
12-11-05, 02:39 AM
Don't talk trade before negotiating price on the new car.

Harley Guy
12-11-05, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the great feedback on e-bay. Since I have never sold anything there I have no rateing. Did not realize how important the rateing would be. Will probably try one of the other car sale sites.

Can't put a sign in the window and drive around. It is snowing here in Pittsburgh and I refuse to take the V out when there is salt on the roads.

keeksv
12-11-05, 12:05 PM
I've bought and sold several cars (including my Cadillac) on Autotrader. Never had to leave the car on for more than a week when selling. Just stress the fact that your warranty is in place. In fact I would ask one of the GM people here for a warranty history on your VIN and offer to share that with interested parties.

Checking into what Vs are going for at the larger auctions is a good start for pricing, prob. about 30-31K. Add on about 2K and that would be the cheapest any private party could hope for from the auction (figure in fees, travel/transport etc..). Of course, you should ask for more, but keep that rock bottom figure in mind when negotiating.

good luck

eric

V-Max
12-11-05, 12:38 PM
For $5-8K more than the used C6 convertible you could used XLR and have similar amenities as the V. Just have to put up with an automatic, but you get that really cool retractable hardtop that the C6 does not have.

In Ohio you'll only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new car.

Good Steve!

Norm