: Should i buy 07 Ext, lexus is350, or 06 yellow vette?

mnext02
12-06-05, 12:45 PM
help

mccombie_5
12-06-05, 01:09 PM
If trucks are your thing, get a truck, I for one won't have another, just sold my second and last Escalade, I will keep my Range Rove because I need it.

Lexus is a nice car, I saw one on Sunday and it does look upmarket, not my cup of tea though. If you are looking in this sector check out the CTS, or maybe even the Buick LaCrosse, I have one, and they are REALLY nice cars.

Yellow Vette? Interesting, depends on your age, you could look like you are having a midlife crisis LOL. I don't have any real opinion on the Vette because I am on an American forum, and I hold private opinions on the Corvette i choose not to share.

Just a question, why all these completely different cars?

Playdrv4me
12-06-05, 01:19 PM
The 07' 'Lades look like bland, warmed over Navigators and the IS350 is a Lexus... not terribly exciting to look at and small.

My choice by far would be the Corvette. Of course your post contains zero relevant information as to how you plan to use the vehicle, so that is based on choice alone.

Caddy Man
12-06-05, 01:20 PM
hmm your question is a bit vague, those are all very differnt cars. How old are you? Would would you really be using the car for? Do you already have a daily or will this be your daily? All that can really help narrow it down to what will fit you best.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-06-05, 01:36 PM
Don't get the Lexus. Toyota with leather seats.

So that leaves the Escalade and the Vette.

If you need more than 2 seats get the Escalade, if not get the Vette.

Caddy Man
12-06-05, 02:05 PM

Id have to disagree on the Lexus statement. The new IS is not based on any car on the Toyota lineup. And right now the IS 350 is probably the best entry level luxury sedan you can buy.

After all an Escalade is just a Chevy with leather seats too right?? ;)

Spittin Game
12-06-05, 02:09 PM

stupid commment, ignore this in making your decision.

So a Acura is just a honda with leather, and an audi is just a vw with leather, etc...?

Jesda
12-06-05, 02:26 PM
The IS is a Toyota product in Japan, not that it matters because a car should be evaluated independently. And saying that, its excruciatingly bland. The old IS had some style and personality, even if it wasn't as exciting to drive.

The Corvette with Magneride is an all-around excellent sports car and a comfortable daily driver, if you dont mind the loud sounds on the highway.

Kev
12-06-05, 02:27 PM
stupid commment, ignore this in making your decision.

So a Acura is just a honda with leather, and an audi is just a vw with leather, etc...?As you said in another thread;

Opinions are a good thing. Without them it would be a very bland world.What you've posted may well be the opinions of others and since mnext02 has asked for our opinions, yours is no more or less valid than anyone else's.

mikeee
12-06-05, 02:44 PM
Thats an insane comparisson man. Should be a very easy decision. You want a truck, sedan or sports car? Done!

mikeee
12-06-05, 02:47 PM

If you need more than 2 seats get the Escalade, if not get the Vette.WhatEVER. lol, out of all three cars, the Lexus will be the most reliable and best built vehicle. The escalade and the Vette dont come close. Whats wrong with a toyota with leather? Our escalades are yukons with leather?

Sorry but that was the most uneducated, worthless post I have seen on this forum.

mccombie_5
12-06-05, 02:49 PM
WhatEVER. lol, out of all three cars, the Lexus will be the most reliable and best built vehicle. The escalade and the Vette dont come close. Whats wrong with a toyota with leather? Our escalades are yukons with leather?

Sorry but that was the most uneducated, worthless post I have seen on this forum.

No post is worthless, any educated post would point that out :)

mikeee
12-06-05, 02:53 PM
As you said in another thread;
What you've posted may well be the opinions of others and since mnext02 has asked for our opinions, yours is no more or less valid than anyone else's.Yes, but theres a difference between an opinion based on nothing, and an educated opinion. Look up some statistics and maintenance history on all 3 cars, the Lexus has always and will always supersede.

I for one, would rather get educated opinion rather than personal opinions based on nothing. If the man was asking about a viper or corvette, then personal opinion matters alot, but no one here knows what he wants because the 3 cars simply should not be compared, then more important factors come into play such as drivetrain, reliability, etc... and thats when an educated opinion matters, ONLY.

I agree with spittin game.

Jesda
Whats wrong with a toyota with leather? Our escalades are yukons with leather?

In a word: Yawn.
At least the Escalade makes a powerful style statement.

When you buy a luxury car, you expect something more that you can't get from your grandmother's Camry. You can still get quality from a $10,000 vehicle, so there has to be style, performance, comfort, intimidation, or anything giving it greater subjective value. If reliability was the only thing that mattered, we'd all be driving Japanese hatchbacks.

mikeee
No post is worthless, any educated post would point that out :)Please, spare me.

mccombie_5
12-06-05, 02:58 PM
Please, spare me.

Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't make that remark, every opinion matters. You can disagree with an opinion, but every opinion is worth something. A Lexus is little other than a Toyota with some nice features, Infiniti is the same principal, and so is Acura, and in some respects GM has even done this

Cimmaron people? Was a Cavalier with extras.

mikeee
12-06-05, 02:59 PM
In a word: Yawn.
At least the Escalade makes a powerful style statement.

When you buy a luxury car, you expect something more from that you can't get from your grandmother's Camry. You can get quality from a $10,000 vehicle. There has to be style, performance, comfort, intimidation, or something more give it greater subjective value. If reliability was the only thing that mattered, we'd all be driving Japanese hatchbacks.What are you talking about? The lexus has more feature than any escalade. Hell we still use a damned key for our escalades.

Hey I love my escalade, but who says a lexus is not comfortable and performs well? I think you havent test driven one in 10+ years if at all.

See, its these generalizations you make such as "Driving Japanese hatchbacks", that make it so obvious youre a domestic freak, which is great, I have 2 domestics and I love them, but dont tell me about "grandmothers camry", when you dont know anything what so ever about lexus' cars, features, comfort level and so on.

Well, lets put it this way, the numbers speak for themselves. Go compare lexus to others, theyre not one of the best in the industry for no reason :)

mikeee
12-06-05, 03:03 PM
Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't make that remark, every opinion matters. You can disagree with an opinion, but every opinion is worth something. A Lexus is little other than a Toyota with some nice features, Infiniti is the same principal, and so is Acura, and in some respects GM has even done this

Cimmaron people? Was a Cavalier with extras.You didint even read the guys' post. he didnt offer an opinion on the other cars. I can ask you questions all day and have you answer them, thats not an opinion.

Do you want leather? Do you want more than 2 seats? Do you want a broken window? These are not opinions.

Mind you I did say it was an opinion, I never said his post wasnt an opinion, I just thought its worthless. Carry on, Son.

mccombie_5
12-06-05, 03:05 PM
You didint even read the guys' post. he didnt offer an opinion on the other cars. I can ask you questions all day and have you answer them, thats not an opinion.

Do you want leather? Do you want more than 2 seats? Do you want a broken window? These are not opinions.

Mind you I did say it was an opinion, I never said his post wasnt an opinion, I just thought its worthless. Carry on, Son.

Fair enough, but I dont think anyone should say an opinion is worthless. As long as you are entitled to an opinion it is worth something

EDIT: The argument was not abotu the fact that his opinion on Lexus is that, because I can give my opinions on the Escalade EXT, its just an Avalanche with a facelift and some leather.....

THe Corvette is a Corvette, my opinion on the stretch further than what it is, but the questions were relatiing to what the guy wanted, not what hardrockcamaro said about them.

taylor561
12-06-05, 03:34 PM

What's an Escalade? A Tahoe with leather seats..
What is a Aviator? A Explorer with leather seats..

Your arguement fails.

Kev
12-06-05, 04:11 PM
These arguements are getting personal and there is no need for that. This thread is closed.