: Drove a STS-V

BadCad
12-06-05, 11:57 AM
Drove the STS-V this weekend at the Cadillac Drive Summit. Aesthetically, very nice front end with the front grill flowing very nicely into that scooped hood. Rear end kinda ugly with that spoiler sticking up looking like an upturned shovel. Drive-wise - lots of power on tap and very smooth power band. Steering/handling was a big disappointment though - no road feel like the V; no taut feedback through the steering wheel and suspension seemed soft. (And I miss the shifts and watching the tach.) Turning effort was light with no feedback. Feels like a big sedan with lots of power but no road feel. I think I'll stick with my old '04 V and all its shortcomings. Don't need a refined V that has no temperamental, bad boy manners. :stirpot:

DrivingAmericanNow
12-06-05, 12:34 PM
Too bad they didn't make it feel more like the CTS-V. I don't care for power on a platform that won't let you handle it confidently. Mushy suspensions, numb steering and tremendous power don't belong together.

Did it have wheel hop?

Playdrv4me
12-06-05, 02:31 PM
This needs to be in the STS-V Forum or at least a similar post over there for those looking to purchase one.

urbanski
12-06-05, 03:35 PM
i copied it there :)
we can talk about it here too

rand49er
12-06-05, 03:53 PM
Got my Car & Driver mag yesterday with a comparo involving the STS-V. They said the brakes were spongy, and they said our beloved CTS-Vs were not luxury sport sedans but "hot rods"! Wonder what their definition of "hot rod" is?:stirpot:

Vrocks
12-06-05, 04:23 PM
Got my Car & Driver mag yesterday with a comparo involving the STS-V. They said the brakes were spongy, and they said our beloved CTS-Vs were not luxury sport sedans but "hot rods"! Wonder what their definition of "hot rod" is?:stirpot:
and the writers / editors for Car and Driver (motor trend and automobile as well) are jackasses.

Geno
12-07-05, 04:26 PM
i copied it there :)
we can talk about it here too

Hey Urby, you're getting soft in your 'ol age.

The STS-V is just a larger CTS-V with softer edges all around. I don't think we'll see any STS-V R's:suspense:

lawfive
12-07-05, 04:34 PM
Can the DTS-V be far behind?

Seriously, if I had an STS-V I'd strip off the LED tail lights, the purty interior leather, the sound system, the hood, and the clear daytime running lights... and put them on my CTS-V.

Richard Boxman
12-07-05, 04:49 PM
[Deleted by Jesda.]

LV_V
12-07-05, 04:51 PM
? Sucks ?

cguthrie
12-07-05, 05:06 PM
Richard,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience w/your N*.

I beat the s*** out of mine every day and I can't seem to justify another car when mine is clean inside and out and still runs like a champ. All I've done is oil changes per the computer, brake changes, tires, coolant, water pump at T-stat proactively at @100K.

Definitely want a CTS-V, but haven't saved my nickels yet. My N* has been my best bang for the buck for me so far however! My first car was a '68 Caprice, 327/275HP and my 99STS has been my favorite since.

I believe the STS-V and STS are terrific cars but way overpriced, and the CTS-V is a good value.

CG
99STS 121K

Luna.
12-07-05, 05:09 PM
The only STS-V worth considering is the one that comes with the supercharged LS2. :yup:

MCaesar
12-07-05, 09:04 PM
The only STS-V worth considering is the one that comes with the supercharged LS2. :yup:

Amen brother

The Northstar has had its run and it is over. When it came out it destroyed the Ford 4.6

Now it is at least 1 liter short of being the game. Infinit, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, even Chevy all have better V8s