: Suggestions on remote start?

liv2wrshp
12-06-05, 11:44 AM
I have a 2000 sport. I want to add a remote start. Is there one that is easy to install? Like a plug in kind of thing? If not, what one would you recommend? We just had a daughter and money isn't exactly flowing. :D

Also, can I have the new one control the trunk, gas, and remote door locks so I don't need two key fobs?

1998catera
12-08-05, 04:52 PM
Just from personal experience, you can do all of that. My whole family has remote start on thier vehicles (except mine...grr) Mom's Tahoe and Town and Country, my grandmas eldorado and the town cars. All of the same brand, which i cant seem to think of at the moment. However there is an extra charge for programming the doors, trunk, etc.

AllenPacla
12-08-05, 10:00 PM
In my case, i did a complete replacement of the whole alarm and made sure i got one with a remote start capability. I did the install myself which i don't suggest you do unless you have at least a day or two and a ton of patience. I got the wiring color coding from another site that specializes in car alarm systems. I just tapped the wires from the new alarm system into the existing wiring of the Catera. So far, it's working fine and I have better range compared to that of the Catera which i think only has about 2-3 meter radius of remote range