: Just bought a V. Got a great deal!! Few questoins

arr0gant
12-06-05, 12:25 AM
2004 Silver tan int. with sunroof
GM Executive drivin' demo -- runs SO NICE!!
Warranty started JULY OF 2005, so it's almost like buying a new car

$32990!!!! http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192751515&dealer_id=80856&car_year=2004&model=CTS&bkms=1133846269691&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=2004&certified=&search_type=both&distance=300&make=CAD&min_price=31000&address=63105&advanced=&end_year=2004&max_price=33000&cardist=220

V Pwn3rz
Uno. Anyway to get the voice memo to record whilst driving?

Dose. As I like hard launches, say when an M3 meets me at a red, should I get the bushings thing done? The dealer will do it here in St. Louis for free.

Trase. Any other info for this MacDaddy-Caddy owner would totally rock!!!

Thanks kids!

crowan
12-06-05, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new ride. It is a fantastic car.

You will find a ton of good info on this board. Use the Search feature and you can find answers to many issues that we all confront. The bushings are helpful but there has been a problem keeping them lubed so that they don't squeak.

Definitely check out www.cadillacfaq.com (http://www.cadillacfaq.com) where you can find a million bits of very valuable info at your fingertips.

Good luck.

CR

heavymetals
12-06-05, 01:09 AM
:welcome:

Your DOOMED!

Let us know what the first mod is.

Watch those hard launches.......

dqw1
12-06-05, 09:12 AM

TracerHawk
12-06-05, 09:55 AM
wow, this car is 52k brand new. Does the CTS-V really depreciate 20K in less than 2 years? Thats like a 60% residual in under 2 years depending on when this car was built in 2004. Thats some of the fastest depreciation I've ever heard! :ill:

arr0gant
12-06-05, 10:10 AM
wow, this car is 52k brand new. Does the CTS-V really depreciate 20K in less than 2 years? Thats like a 60% residual in under 2 years depending on when this car was built in 2004. Thats some of the fastest depreciation I've ever heard! :ill:

I think I just got tht good of a deal. Blue-Book has it somewhere up around 40k. There was no car even close to that in the entire nation on both autotrader AND Ebay. Both went from hi 30's to low 40's.

What the HELL were these peeple thinking, selling that car for that price? I mean the F'ing warranty just started THIS July.

arr0gant
12-06-05, 10:29 AM

Your DOOMED!

Let us know what the first mod is.

Watch those hard launches.......

Is it easy to break something from hard launches? Is this car not made to do it? Im coming from a Boxster S where hard launches were done all the time. Should I really watch it or is that just sarcasm?

daytripper
12-06-05, 11:33 AM
I think I just got tht good of a deal. Blue-Book has it somewhere up around 40k. There was no car even close to that in the entire nation on both autotrader AND Ebay. Both went from hi 30's to low 40's.

What the HELL were these peeple thinking, selling that car for that price? I mean the F'ing warranty just started THIS July.

Ummm, I'd guess the car sat unpurchased on their lot for a loooong time, like all of the 2005 model year. Supply and demand -- but not much demand on these cars apparantly. Cadillac stopped advertising them to mass market, and auto rags stopped writing about them, as they haven't made any dramatic changes.

Until they introduce a new model, I guess they are just our little secret. I notice when the rags compare the Charger to other cars in its class, they never mention the V.

Even some of the "car guys" I know scratch their head about the V. Most are surprised to hear it has a Z-06 engine, and are really surprised to hear it's a Caddy with a 6-speed manual.

Those few guys who do know what the V is can lay back and wait for the deals, as there seem to be few folks knocking them down to buy them at high prices...

Brian R.

lasstss
12-06-05, 12:05 PM
The SS impalas tanked, they are coming back in value. I think the V is going to go the way of the Grand national in time. I hope they keep the production low.:yup:

heavymetals
12-06-05, 12:10 PM
Is it easy to break something from hard launches? Is this car not made to do it? Im coming from a Boxster S where hard launches were done all the time. Should I really watch it or is that just sarcasm?

NOT sarcasm.:thehand:

If you read the forum there is plenty of info on "wheel hop" and differentials failing.:thepan:

The V is not a drag racer. If you want a light to light car, get something with a solid axel or less power (OH NO!). :eek:

Katech
12-06-05, 12:13 PM
2004 Silver tan int. with sunroof
GM Executive drivin' demo -- runs SO NICE!!
Warranty started JULY OF 2005, so it's almost like buying a new car

$32990!!!! http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192751515&dealer_id=80856&car_year=2004&model=CTS&bkms=1133846269691&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=2004&certified=&search_type=both&distance=300&make=CAD&min_price=31000&address=63105&advanced=&end_year=2004&max_price=33000&cardist=220

V Pwn3rz
Uno. Anyway to get the voice memo to record whilst driving?

Dose. As I like hard launches, say when an M3 meets me at a red, should I get the bushings thing done? The dealer will do it here in St. Louis for free.

Trase. Any other info for this MacDaddy-Caddy owner would totally rock!!!

Thanks kids!

Welcome

heavymetals
12-06-05, 12:16 PM
Tracer....

When are you gonna get with the program or move on?:want:

Now your whinning about depreciation.:bonkers:

HEY!! Got news for ya.

THE V IS NOT AN INVESTMENT!! :hide:

You still haven't driven one yet from what I can tell.

Go drive one then report back.

Caddy Man
12-06-05, 01:01 PM
if your worried about high depreciation, just buy slightly used with a few thousand miles. Just like brand new, but without the high depreciation costs.

crowan
12-06-05, 01:07 PM
Tracer....

When are you gonna get with the program or move on?:want:

Now your whinning about depreciation.:bonkers:

HEY!! Got news for ya.

THE V IS NOT AN INVESTMENT!! :hide:

You still haven't driven one yet from what I can tell.

Go drive one then report back.

I have to agree with Heavy. Its time to cowboy-up and stop tire kicking.

Limited production, weak marketing to a limited market, gas prices, and employee discounts have all conspired to drive prices down. You know what? I don't care! More power to those whose timing has been so good that they can take advantage of the present deals.

I got my V because it is a blast to drive and I have not been disappointed. If I wanted an investment, I would have looked for a gull-wing Mercedes.

CR

heavymetals
12-06-05, 01:25 PM
Hey CROWAN!

What is with these guys anyway?

Sometimes I think they are just shut ins with orange fingers.

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

GO DRIVE IT, THEN DECIDE.

urbanski
12-06-05, 01:31 PM
orange fingers lol
like on toy story

V400HP
12-06-05, 01:39 PM
Great purchase price!!!!!

I also just bought a used "V" in November...best car I've ever owned!!!

I got mine for $34,000 The dealer wanted $36,000.

I'm a firm believer that if you see a car you want, just wait a year or two and buy it used. You'll save several thousand dollars and it will still be covered under warrantee.

I already have my eye on the new BMW M5 or M6. I figure I'll be able to get a used M5 for just over 50k in a year or so.

Or maybe I'll just get a Supercharger for the "V" to get the extra 100hp that should get me up to and over 500hp like the M5 & 6 and save about 15k.:thumbsup:

Good luck with the car!!!!

heavymetals
12-06-05, 02:09 PM
orange fingers lol
like on toy story

From eating CHEETOS and staring at a monitor.

Playdrv4me
12-06-05, 02:23 PM

So what? The VW Phaeton Ive got my eye on depreciated 40 to 60 percent in ONE year. Does that make it still not one of the best used car values on the market for what you get? Absolutely not! Its a fantastic car that will blow away most things in its class.

The V is very similar... Mind you I would never be dumb enough to purchase any of these cars NEW, but used with a few K on them, they make fantastic secondhand cars.

BTW... arr0gant, I *strongly* suggest you run a Carfax on that car and make SURE it was not a GM buyback.... These are mysteriously cropping up more and more and they are almost ALWAYS "GM Exec" driven vehicles. My 2001 STS was disclosed as a buyback to me at purchase time and had been owned by a GM exec also. The car was a huge headache. I would check the history on the car you bought and make sure it is not a buyback if they didnt disclose it to you. The price can be a strong indicator of this as well.

chesrowncadillac
12-06-05, 03:21 PM
ArroGant:You made a great purchase,the "v" was actually a true company car with a new car title! The car was sold 11/17/05 with 7,068 miles at the SanAntonio General Motors Factory Sale.Yes, I know what the car sold for,You got A "GREAT" Deal!!Congrats....Chesrown Cadillac

moldowan
12-06-05, 05:16 PM
can you tell me more about the san antonio GM motor sales thing?????
-moldy
from san antonio

arr0gant
12-06-05, 05:29 PM
ArroGant:You made a great purchase,the "v" was actually a true company car with a new car title! The car was sold 11/17/05 with 7,068 miles at the SanAntonio General Motors Factory Sale.Yes, I know what the car sold for,You got A "GREAT" Deal!!Congrats....Chesrown Cadillac

It didn't seem right as I sat there in the dealer that I was getting this deal, I mean with a warranty that just started a few months ago? A 40k BlueBook car? 7k miles. GM EXEC? Something is too good to be true. This just shows, somethings that are too good to be true, really are TRUE!! Now I know for sure!!

Thanks chesrowncadillac!!

Arr0gant

CVP33
12-06-05, 06:18 PM
Wait until Chesrown starts selling those 2006's for $40K with extended warranty. Now that's the ticket. Great buy by the way A.

V400HP
12-06-05, 07:01 PM
Itís not a GM buybackÖ..

It smelled of swamp and had Louisiana tags.

Just joking.:thepan:

But look out for cars coming out of Louisiana. Supposedly there are tenís of thousands of them headed north after the dealer parking lots were flooded out after Katrina.

TracerHawk
12-06-05, 08:31 PM
Heavymetals: It's not whining dude, it was just surprise. I didnt think it would depreciate that fast, so it surprised me. Sounds like he just got a crazy unique deal, which is good news for him, as well as resale values everywhere. :) Also, you probably missed it from my post yesterday, but I took off work yesterday to go drive one. There isnt a dealership anywhere in town (Phoenix) that has a 2006 CTS-V, I called all around and even spoke to a General Manager. I would HAPPILY go drive a 2006 CTS-V if I could find one, mkay? You make it sounds like I've been talking about driving one for 3 months now on this forum, when I just started looking at the CTS-V and discovered this forum, under a week ago!

I'm looking to go drive a 2005 used one now (2200 miles on it) at this point I guess, I spoke the Internet Sales Manager, Vicki Boldrini, today over at Legends Cadillac Hummer Saab in Scottsdale, AZ to set up a time I can come test drive it. I was hoping to drive one with the stronger differential and the LS2 engine, but I guess the 2005 is my best chance at driving one. I have to think the changes are nominal enough that if its great on a 2005, it can only be even better on a 2006. :)

I'll let you know how it goes once I get in there!

Thanks guys!

MescalVto
12-07-05, 06:05 PM
OK, I held off posting this as I did not want to make anyone who paid sticker feel too bad, but . . .

I bought my 2004 CTS-V "brand new" (never titled anyway, but had about 500 miles on it) about 3 months ago for about $38K!:bouncy:

TracerHawk
12-07-05, 08:11 PM
test drove a 2005 CTS-V today that was used with about 2200 miles or 2600, something like that. will post about it here --> http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59373

so I'm not hijacking this thread. :)

Grats again on the buy arrogant! This sales rep here wanted 47k for a 2005 red CTS-V with 2200 miles on it or right around there. The person who bought the car orginally probably paid less than that with employee pricing brand new! heh!