: Rear view camera for '05

mobi
12-06-05, 12:07 AM
Just one question!Did somebody know how much is,and what kind of camera is working with '05 nav unit.When I bought'it I got a $800.00 credit from the dealer,that was back in June,when I was told that no camera was working with the Bose nav unit. Last week got a call from the dealer that they have one camera whith the necesary interface to work whith the nav unit,but is gona cost me arround $1000.00,so I will own them another$200.00.
Did somebody know something? Is true or this is another "cheap preis and actually just for you" deal from a dealer?Thank you guys! :sneaky: :confused:

hcvone
12-06-05, 07:51 AM
I have a customer that has an aftermarket head unit (Kenwood) with nav and dvd, he has a color camera that works, his camera is in the license plate frame, whoever did it sure did a great job, you would never know it there. :)

mobi
12-07-05, 11:09 PM
Thank you HC!Actually I think they want to sell me something similar,he told me is like 2" big whith 2 wings and is gona be mounted in license plate frame,upper part.I did not got the time to go there and take a look at the camera,I never have time during the week and they do not have open on weekend,I mean the guys in the parts.HC,do you know maybe how much did he pay for the camera only?Thank you in advance.

womsterr
12-08-05, 12:58 AM
You can make it work with the stock nav unit. You just need the digi connector. I don't have parts numbers but my local installer has done it and has pics on this website. www.a-41.com

Here it is in a Denali

http://www.a-41.com/gallery/album202

hcvone
12-08-05, 08:20 AM
Thank you HC!Actually I think they want to sell me something similar,he told me is like 2" big whith 2 wings and is gona be mounted in license plate frame,upper part.I did not got the time to go there and take a look at the camera,I never have time during the week and they do not have open on weekend,I mean the guys in the parts.HC,do you know maybe how much did he pay for the camera only?Thank you in advance.

I will find out, I see this customer about 1-2 times a month. The one I have seen is about the size of a dime, it was very small, but was in color and offered a great picture. :)

Fast Eddie
12-08-05, 10:42 AM
I have one on my '05 EXT. You need a PAC navigation interface VCI-GM2 that will interface with the stock navigation head unit, they run about $350 on Ebay. I have a Pioneer color camera that I bought used for $50, but a new camera can cost anywhere from $75- $175 for a decent one. The install took me about an hour. I like the Pioneer camera b/c it is very small and can mount above the liceanse plate with double stick tape- it is virtually unnoticable. The system works great, whenever I put it in reverse the camera comes on- and at night the reverse lights illuminate enough to see very clearly. The adapter also has a second video input so you can hook up a dvd player and play it also through the nav unit (you need a seperate audio adapter for the audio input).

loanman
12-08-05, 02:02 PM
I would ask the dealer why he credited you 800 for something that was supposed to be there and now trying to charge you 1000 for the same thing! Should be even swap! :mad:

mobi
12-08-05, 10:33 PM
Thank you guys for your fast responds.Today I called the salesman who sold my the truck,and told him to get a camera in his posesion for the weekend and I go there and see how is it,but I think this is just another method to keep the money and get something more out of me.I am just curios to see what kind of camera did they want to offer me and maybe you guys can tell me the right price for it,or just driving around town to compare.Thank you.:thumbsup:

mobi
12-11-05, 01:13 AM
As I was expected he could not get the camera for the weekend but he told me I can let the car there and install it on Monday.No thank you!
I ask why they want to carge me another $200 over my credit.Answer:You know if you have a Cadi you have to pay everytime extra money for the luxus!:hmm::bonkers:.So I took my credit and told him to erase my name from his data bank. So guys if you live in Portland,Or, area do not use VIC ALFONSO,because he don't want you as customer after you paid for the car and left the parking lot.If you are gona ask to much question,like :why is this cost so much,he is very mad and is loosing his patience:DO NOT ASK,JUST PAY AND GO WHITH GOD.