: Superchips Question

blackonblackonblack
12-05-05, 03:54 PM
I had a new ECM put in my car last week at the dealership and my superchips needs to be reprogrammed because my air/fuel ratio is off. With a new ECM, do I need a new programer, or can I just use the one I have?
Magnuson says that the programmer is reusable, but Stillen says I need to buy a new one. Anyone have any expierience?
Thank you for your help

Luna.
12-05-05, 04:13 PM
I had a new ECM put in my car last week at the dealership and my superchips needs to be reprogrammed because my air/fuel ratio is off. With a new ECM, do I need a new programer, or can I just use the one I have?
Magnuson says that the programmer is reusable, but Stillen says I need to buy a new one. Anyone have any expierience?
Thank you for your help

I believe it's re-usable, but I've not had to re-program my PCM.

keeksv
12-05-05, 04:50 PM
My take is that it is linked to your VIN, and I would assume that as long as your new ECM has your old VIN associated with it, there shouldn't be a problem.

StealthV
12-05-05, 06:28 PM
Cover the cost of shipping and I'll put the original Magnuson version in your PCM.

Or you could get that holiday gift for yourself with 40 more hp. :)

blackonblackonblack
12-06-05, 12:43 PM
StealthV,
I'd love to buy your ECM upgrade but I already have too much horsepower and I keep frying diffs.

I went to the dealership yesterday and performed the ECM tune with the superchips. It worked perfectly, and as soon as I was done, my car ran how it should. Thank you for your help.