: Crap in a Hat.....I Hurt Myself.....

DopeStar 156
12-05-05, 12:17 PM
Sadly kids, the DopeStar has been wounded....

Today whilst cleaning the snow/ice off the trunk of my lovely, lovely Cadillac I lost my balance and footing on a sheet of ice and took a bail. I was pushing a large sheet of ice off my trunk when I lost my footing and went down. My legs folded and I landed directly on top of my left foot smashing my ankle into the frozen pavement. As I went down I tried to grab the chrome door handle on my Fleetwood but didn't manage to do so. I stood up, dusted myself off and discovered searing pain shooting up my left leg if I stood on it. Upon discovery of this I screamed and fell once again. So I hobbled inside told my dad and drove myself minus one foot to the Pediatrist's office my mom works at....

X-Rays show nothing's broken but I was told to stay off it for two days..... Mother****er.... Well looks like I'll be spending the next couple-a-days right here infront of this machine cruising the internet and parking in the handicapped spots.... Please send flowers and balloons. Haha.

The formerally unbreakable,
~*~DopeStar~*~

terrible one
12-05-05, 12:28 PM
Aw man that's rough.

Seems you took it like a trooper though lol

mccombie_5
12-05-05, 12:29 PM
tough that, hope you recover

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-05-05, 12:31 PM
that sucks man, hope you recover, atleast this happened while taking care of the caddy ;)

iametarq
12-05-05, 01:09 PM
that sucks man, hope you recover, atleast this happened while taking care of the caddy ;)

all pain for a caddy is worth the torture. :thepan:

EcSTSatic
12-05-05, 01:10 PM
Whew! The Caddy's okay!
Seriously, take care of that sprain. Keep your weight off it as much as possible. Work on your Christmas list in the meantime.

Lord Cadillac
12-05-05, 01:19 PM
I'm glad nothing is broken. You have to be very careful around ice.. It sucks. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. I read stories of people slipping on ice, cracking their head open and dieing. Forget about looking silling walking cautiously - be safe...

90Brougham350
12-05-05, 01:36 PM
Glad nothing is broken, get well soon buddy! :)

DopeStar 156
12-05-05, 02:47 PM
Yeah Sal, enjoy that Florida sunshine I haven't seen the sun here in days. Haha. What is it there like 50? You lucky guy, I envy you.

Thanks guys. Yeah it sucks, the worst part is I have no idea how to walk on krutches. Haha my poor Caddy I'm sure she feels bad but it's not her fault. I'm sure she would have saved me if she could. Actually my goal was to not smash my face into the back driver's side door which was going to happen if I hadn't done a Matrix back bend onto my own ankle..... Well thankfully I have PS2 and a ton of socks and my Manson hoodie for warmth....

Kev
12-05-05, 02:55 PM
It sucks the day you discover you are not indestructable! :nono:

Lord Cadillac
12-05-05, 03:00 PM
Yeah Sal, enjoy that Florida sunshine I haven't seen the sun here in days. Haha. What is it there like 50? You lucky guy, I envy you.

80 and Sunny! :p :halo:

JC316
12-05-05, 03:08 PM
When I was younger I wasted two years of my life at a Judo class. Only two good things came out of that, my mental toughness increased a hundred fold and I learned how to take a fall. 30 minuites a night, two nights a week, for two years I was drilled to tuck my chin to my chest, get my legs out of the way and slap the ground to absorb the shock. It has saved me from many a nasty fall and it will continue to do so. Tough break man, I hope you get better soon.

DopeStar 156
12-05-05, 04:04 PM
80 and Sunny! :p :halo:
Haha yeah thanks you butt! Enjoy dude, enjoy. Again anyone wanna send flowers, balloons, or hookers please feel free. Haha.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-05-05, 04:54 PM
I have a similar story,

Last year, I was dusting snow off the hood of my deville, and I slipped and fell, but luckily I grabbed a hold of the bumper before I hit the ground. If I didnt grab a hold of the bumper, I would have hit my forehead on the hood ornament!:ill:

Dadillac
12-05-05, 04:54 PM
When I was younger I wasted two years of my life at a Judo class. Only two good things came out of that, my mental toughness increased a hundred fold and I learned how to take a fall. 30 minuites a night, two nights a week, for two years I was drilled to tuck my chin to my chest, get my legs out of the way and slap the ground to absorb the shock. It has saved me from many a nasty fall and it will continue to do so. Tough break man, I hope you get better soon.
Hey, just a month ago, I was performing an o-soto-gari, but my leg was planted, and when I did the throw, my partner rolled onto my leg, severaly hyperextending it to the inside. A stupid move on my part, and it still hurts like hell. I just got it x-rayed today, to start the process to getting an MRI. I love the martial arts, even though my brain isn't as quick as my body is.

Don

Elvis
12-05-05, 05:35 PM
I wear golf spikes whenever that shit comes down.

We had 5" of ice at Christmas last year. Didn't go away for something like 10 days.

slk230mb
12-05-05, 05:43 PM
Damn today seems to be the day for CO members to hit the ground. I slipped on some slush covered ice today and fell to my knees. The right one took the brunt of the fall and I have a nice cut and bruise to show for it. It looks and feels like a terrible rug burn.

Elvis
12-05-05, 05:48 PM
It's funny that the "junior" members here are the ones falling and hurting the worst.

The most painful fall I ever had, I was 19 and walking to class at Memphis State University in 1983. I think when you're younger you just don't think about "losing it" because you have such good balance and you're in such good shape physically.

Once you've fallen and REALLY experienced that kind of physical pain for the first time, you're a lot more careful from then on. I had never hurt that bad before 1983, and haven't hurt that bad since.

Until you get to be 70 and need a hip replaced or something.

DopeStar 156
12-05-05, 07:13 PM
Well, it didn't help that my boots have no traction anymore and are literally smooth on the bottom. I'm working on getting a new pair sometime soon. My mom's boss the pediatriast said the boots were what saved my ankle since it probably would've broken if I had say sneakers on. The whole thing was I was pushing with my upper body in one direction and I had inadequite footing and took a dive. Oh well, here's to a couple days off from school with an excuse note. Cheers.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-05-05, 10:18 PM
I......Hurt myself today...to see if i still feel ....

DopeStar 156
12-05-05, 11:22 PM
I......Hurt myself today...to see if i still feel ....
LOL! YES! Beautiful call Stoney.... I have to play that now....

Stoneage_Caddy
12-05-05, 11:24 PM
LOL! YES! Beautiful call Stoney.... I have to play that now....
shoulda been a DJ .....

my last girlfreind said i had a face for radio ......still not sure why i dumped her

EcSTSatic
12-05-05, 11:47 PM
Guys, get a pair of YakTrax (http://yaktrax.com/)! You'll wonder how you survived without them! You can even run in them. I have the glow-in-the-dark green ones. They are available through several mailorder companies.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-05-05, 11:55 PM
Guys, get a pair of YakTrax (http://yaktrax.com/)! You'll wonder how you survived without them! You can even run in them. I have the glow-in-the-dark green ones. They are available through several mailorder companies.
im so confused right now ...

unless your talking about them tire chains kinda things i bought for my boots 3 years ago ....those were cool .....

DopeStar 156
12-06-05, 02:28 AM
shoulda been a DJ .....
my last girlfreind said i had a face for radio ......still not sure why i dumped her
Prolly because she said you had a face for radio..... Haha. I'm actually listening to old school Manson right now.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-06-05, 09:08 AM
I dont like the drug but the drugs like me ....

yeeeeeeeah boyeeeeeee

DopeStar 156
12-06-05, 03:05 PM
I dont like the drug but the drugs like me ....
yeeeeeeeah boyeeeeeee
Haha I love that song, it's one of my favorites. That's from Mechanical Animals back in '98. I'm listening to Portrait of an American Family from wayyyy back in '94. His first album and it was recorded in the real Sharon Tate house. I love this CD....

JC316
12-06-05, 03:30 PM
A friend of mine just got a fractured vertebrae due to a guy twice his skill and size showing off. I got a broken toe due to someone landing on me. O soto gare and ipon sa nage were always my favorite moves, the hip throws are also fun. You have to be carefull when doing that crap, hope both of you ge better.