: dynomat vs clunk?

sharky1
12-04-05, 09:38 PM
I know some here have installed dynomat in the rear seat area and the trunk....I'm considering this to reduce the clunk from the diff....can you comment on wether its worth the trouble? Is there anything better than dynomat? I've put 2700 mi. on mine, and it's starting to lose its appeal because of this...and it isn't even a daily driver..

CVP33
12-04-05, 11:27 PM
I recall two or three V owners did this. Mostly for audio installs but at least one for noise abatement. Someone also did a "roll-on" application. Don't recall the results though. We'll most likely get an answer tomorrow on this one.

wildwhl
12-05-05, 12:01 AM
I've done Dynamat type stuff (can't remember what it is) under the rear seat and all through the trunk. Can't say it reduces "clunk" but it certainly reduces noise. It is pretty easy and well worth it, IMHO.

YMMV

calicadi
12-05-05, 12:41 AM
I know some here have installed dynomat in the rear seat area and the trunk....I'm considering this to reduce the clunk from the diff....can you comment on wether its worth the trouble? Is there anything better than dynomat? I've put 2700 mi. on mine, and it's starting to lose its appeal because of this...and it isn't even a daily driver..
Have your dealer check the torque on the cradle and pinion support bolts. My clunk went away after I asked them to do that.

SBONES
12-05-05, 08:56 AM
i did mine for my stereo...and what a diff....its so quit...its worth the time.

urbanski
12-05-05, 09:18 AM
no effect on clunk
yes effect on road/wind/exhaust noise
better than dynamat xtreme? maybe damplifier pro.

Dreamin
12-05-05, 01:32 PM
Which brand does not smell??

urbanski
12-05-05, 01:37 PM
i believe butyl products don't smell....and work better (read: costlier).
Dynamat Xtreme and SecondSkin Damplifier/Pro are butyl...i'm sure others are but those products I'm familiar with.
The cheap peel-n-seal from Lowes stunk for about a week, then nothing.
The liquid Spectrum I used didn't stink either.
http://secondskinaudio.com/products/