: Fold mirrors in and out with car remote?

codom2000
12-04-05, 04:48 PM
I was wondering is it possible to have my mirrors fold in when I arm my truck and fold out when I disarm my truck or hit the remote start and mirrors fold out. Have anybody tried to get that done before yet...any advice?

mikeee
12-04-05, 07:05 PM
I was wondering is it possible to have my mirrors fold in when I arm my truck and fold out when I disarm my truck or hit the remote start and mirrors fold out. Have anybody tried to get that done before yet...any advice?
Not using factory equipment you cant. But any after market alarm with extras can be programmed to do anything you want. Mine opens my sunroof, hatch and windows by remote.

But Im sure theres more to it than just programming a remote, I didnt do it myself I had a local shop do it for me.

caddycruiser
12-04-05, 07:09 PM
Not using factory equipment you cant. But any after market alarm with extras can be programmed to do anything you want. Mine opens my sunroof, hatch and windows by remote.
But Im sure theres more to it than just programming a remote, I didnt do it myself I had a local shop do it for me.

How does it open your hatch?? Custom mod?

mikeee
12-04-05, 09:03 PM
How does it open your hatch?? Custom mod?With a door popper. I guess that one is a little more involved, but the point is you can make your remote do anything you want.

caddycruiser
12-06-05, 07:06 AM
Oh, okay. So it just "pops" itself unlatched then? Sounds like a good idea.

mikeee
12-06-05, 10:27 AM
Oh, okay. So it just "pops" itself unlatched then? Sounds like a good idea.Yeah just like any car that has shaved doors, they have poppers.

caddycruiser
12-07-05, 12:13 AM
Too bad there isn't a relatively easy conversion kit, sort of, to put a power rear liftgate mechanism on any SUV or van, as aftermarket.

The little pop is still cool as is, though.

mikeee
12-07-05, 12:23 AM
Too bad there isn't a relatively easy conversion kit, sort of, to put a power rear liftgate mechanism on any SUV or van, as aftermarket.

The little pop is still cool as is, though.It is power. Its really not that complicated. Mine opens all the way without touching the handle.

Everything I've done to my car is all security and convenience. I added so many features, but if you just look at it, its 100% stock.

caddycruiser
12-07-05, 08:55 AM
Oh, interesting. On our Suburban, you only have to pull up a tad on the hatch and then the struts will take care of the rest, so I guess if the solenoid gives it enough of a pop, it would do the same.

Still have to close it the same, hand way then?

CadiLake
01-14-06, 02:07 PM
Had my shop link my power mirrors to the lock/arm-unlock/disarm of my Scytek 5100 system ( http://scytek.net/ ). It think it is very cool. Not significant cost. Didn't do it myself so can't tell you much of the tech specifics other than it's possible and it works great. I can fiddle with the switch to get it to either fold or unfold. I have it so it will fold mirrors with lock/arm. It is a nice visual confirmation of lock/armed status too. Also have Aux button set so can remotely turn on the heated seat - nice compliment to the remote start in cold weather territory.