: Rear Window on Escalade

humpty123
12-04-05, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know if it's okay to drive with the rear hatch window up? It appears sturdy enough to stay open however I thought I would check the forum before trying. My dog is dying to have that window open! thanks

mikeee
12-04-05, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know if it's okay to drive with the rear hatch window up? It appears sturdy enough to stay open however I thought I would check the forum before trying. My dog is dying to have that window open! thanksYeah but you will smell more fumes than you ever wanted to!

slk230mb
12-04-05, 07:39 PM
Plus the cargo door open message will be displayed.

skides1
12-04-05, 08:26 PM
That would be so ghetto!! Unless your hauling those 12ft long 2x4's home.

wht2000
12-05-05, 06:35 AM
Not a real good idea...all (or most) of your exhaust fumes will come right in the window....then your dog might really be dying to use it. Keep it closed!!!

hcvone
12-05-05, 08:10 AM
As said I would keep it closed for the fumes.

Synergetic
12-05-05, 03:26 PM
Not a real good idea...all (or most) of your exhaust fumes will come right in the window....then your dog might really be dying to use it. Keep it closed!!!

This post made me laugh hard!! lol :thepan:

Anyways, I agree... it may be a good idea to keep it closed. I keep my window hatch open at the shows when rollin in and out of the show to show off the system, but thats about it. I close it back up before I get back on the road.

demjjm
12-12-05, 01:09 PM
The window will move up and down at speed. I had a box that needed to hang out of the window, and the shocks are not strong enough to stay up from the wind.