: Its SNOW TIME!

propain
12-04-05, 12:09 PM
I dont know if anyone remembers my review of the CTS V in the snow last winter but it wasnt pretty.

I would like to get some snow tires a minimal cost (Not changing the rims out)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

sefa01
12-04-05, 01:12 PM
I dont know if anyone remembers my review of the CTS V in the snow last winter but it wasnt pretty.

I would like to get some snow tires a minimal cost (Not changing the rims out)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Just put the GS D3s away and put on a set of Avon A/S. We got about 4" of snow this morning and I took the V out to play. I was VERY pleased with the way they performed. If I use my wife's Explorer with 4WD as a 5.0, the Avons were 3.5. Only had problem on icy hills and then the traction would kick in and I was okay. FYI, none of our roads were plowed around here. the GS D3s are no better than a 1.0 in snow. I got the Avons from Tirerack last week. The cost was $627 including UPS delivery. I relied heavilly on the reviews on the Tirerack web site. I know some forum members have said Avon A/S tires get loud after 20K miles or so, but at this price I'm not worried.

CVP33
12-04-05, 04:15 PM
There's a set on ebay as we speak (err write).

benh
12-04-05, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have the Dunlop Wintersport M3s; wondering how they are....

StealthV
12-04-05, 04:57 PM
Wintersports are very good; used them last winter and just put them back on the V last weekend.

Almost makes the V into a

naiculnila
12-04-05, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have the Dunlop Wintersport M3s; wondering how they are....

GOT THEM.....LOVE EM!
PLus they eliminate MOST of the wheel HOP!

CVP33
12-04-05, 06:28 PM
Wintersports are very good; used them last winter and just put them back on the V last weekend.

Almost makes the V into a

Nice sleds Rick. There are days I miss that. Few, but some. The new Yamaha would be a hoot. I've riden many a sled from Enticers and Exciters to the Vmax series. But the new Apex GT with 150HP. That would literally scare the crap out of me.

StealthV
12-04-05, 07:08 PM
Rice sleds? :helpless:

My little 698 cc 140 hp 2-stroke will eat that Apex for lunch. :cloud9:

urbanski
12-04-05, 07:11 PM
i have a 2 cycle chain saw :)

V400HP
12-04-05, 07:30 PM
I have Dunlop tires and today was my first day driving in the snow with the CTS-V. I was concerned about driving in the snow having read all the e-mails about how bad the car handled with the F1 tires. Today it snowed about 3-4 inches in Central Jersey and I didn't have any problems.

The roads were pretty clean however, so I took the car on some back roads near my house just see how it handled. It is much better than the Chrysler 300 Touring I traded it in for!!

I can only assume it won't be as nice when the snow is deeper or with black ice on the roads.

Anyway this is the price we pay for a 400hp rear wheel drive car.

If you are easy on the gas it shouldn't be too bad:devil:

Good luck

AmesCTS-V
12-04-05, 11:03 PM
M3's are working well for me. They suck with dry pavement at least compared to my 275 GS-D3's.