: No miracles here

EcSTSatic
12-03-05, 10:33 PM
I hope I'm just preaching to the choir here, but Popular Mechanics (http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/auto_technology/1802932.html?page=1&c=y) has an article available that tested all the miracle products that have been asked about before. None worked. Most reduced power and mileage! :cookoo:

Jesda
12-04-05, 12:11 AM
Great article!

terrible one
12-04-05, 12:20 AM
Yes, a very good read! It is sad to see a lot of car shows and magazines, etc. advertising products like these when they know they are BS...money talks.

"THE DYNO SAYS: Both devices reduced peak horsepower by more than 10 percent. The Intake Twister increased fuel consumption by about 20 percent; the TornadoFuelSaver provided no significant change." HAHA

I really liked the comment about the contraption melting onto the exhaust manifold and causing a fire

SilverCTS
12-04-05, 12:34 AM
I have to show this to my mother-in-law.

At Thanksgiving dinner (at my house), she kept yelling at me that GM, Ford, and Exxon Mobil are conspiring against economical cars, and that cars like mine (CTS) are really capable of 100 MPG. :rant2:

First of all, I'm not sure why she was yelling at me. It isn't my fault that my car doesn't get 100 MPG. Maybe she thinks I'm in on the conspiracy since I'm an evil executive in the evil corporate world????

Second, I didn't feel like defending myself because it was Thanksgiving, and we were supposed to be thankful and have a real good time with the family. Weren't we? So I just sat there and ate my potatos while all this was going on...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-04-05, 01:31 AM
Typical mother in law.....

Rolex
12-04-05, 12:39 PM
Typical mother in law.....

:yeah: :D