: Kill.....

04CTSVFLA
12-03-05, 01:17 PM
04 ctsv bone stock - except for removal of front snorkel piece
04 altima SE-R with exhaust and ???????

Had a rendevouz with a kid I have been waiting to see on the road (hes one of those people that boasts about how sick his ride is/how sick of a driver is ETC.) anyways. Pulled up to a left hand turn next to him, we were the first two at the light. We knew we were going for it. We slowly but agressively took the turn and I punched it, because he had the inside of the turn he was already about a car length ahead of me when I did punch it. By the time I hit 4th gear, I was about 4-5 lengths (6 total as I started behind him) ahead of him. Plus I had t/c on and my tires are bald run flats.

The after whooping up on this kid.......

Im driving back to my house, weaving in and out of traffic. I look in my rearview to see if I have any followers...and low and behold I see two xenons weaving back and forth. (thinking it was an integra or something) When he caught up I saw a HUGE front mount intercooler followed by a loud psshhh from his BOV. It was an old M3 turbocharged probably a 1997-1998 and it was yellow. Unfortunatly by the time he caught up, I was turning into the gas station, but he punched it next to me and HOLY SHIT :bomb: it sounded insane. Sounded extremely throatly beefy but just damn loud as hell like jet engine loud with the turbo and the BOV it was absolutley incredible. By the sound of it, and by the way he just took off when he hit it......it was probably a mid 12 second car. Ill let you guys know if I see him again, words dont describe how ill his car sounded. One of if not the best sounding car (other than exotics) that I have ever heard on the streets.

ndogg ct
12-03-05, 01:55 PM
the altima should have been no problem..when you kill the m3 let us know...
only joking nice kill those altimas can be pretty quick.good luck with the m!!

04CTSVFLA
12-03-05, 02:07 PM
how quik are the altima se-r's????

Luna.
12-03-05, 02:15 PM
how quik are the altima se-r's????

Not as quick as the E55 AMGs... :lildevil:

ndogg ct
12-03-05, 02:41 PM
the r altimas only run in the mid to high 14's,unless crazy mods have been done to get it in the 13's,but have'nt seen any yet?

mchm3
12-03-05, 02:42 PM
those e55's dont play

04CTSVFLA
12-03-05, 02:52 PM
That turbo m3 i spoke of could take an e55 and walk all over it.

The altima definetly has mods, everytime I drive by the guys house hes out ther working on it...or his modded 350z.

CVP33
12-03-05, 02:57 PM
[quote=04CTSVFLA]That turbo m3 i spoke of could take an e55 and walk all over it.[quote]

Than the M3 is faster than mid 12's. Here's the E55 spec's.

0-60 mph:4.3 sec
0-100 mph:9.9 sec
Quarter Mile:12.5 sec @ 116 mph

MCaesar
12-03-05, 03:52 PM
That turbo m3 i spoke of could take an e55 and walk all over it.

The altima definetly has mods, everytime I drive by the guys house hes out ther working on it...or his modded 350z.

Really?

How can you say that when you never saw him run?

Do you know how fast an E55 is? An E55 will walk over any stock Cadillac

Luna.
12-03-05, 10:13 PM
Really?

How can you say that when you never saw him run?

Do you know how fast an E55 is? An E55 will walk over any stock Cadillac

Exactly. The E55 AMG has ~520lb feet of torque. It would destroy any stock Caddy with considerable ease...

Staxxin
12-04-05, 12:09 AM
Nice kill but you shouldn't pick on the little kids...:)

f2000keith
12-04-05, 02:24 AM
Why would you buy an Altima SE-R to tune? Isn't that package another $8k in order to get it to 260HP? There are quite a few other cars for $30k that would be better 'tinker' cars. I guess that is why he also has a 350Z...

nordy racer
12-04-05, 08:10 AM
Stock to Mild Caddys should watch out for E55's.. Here is a web site for people to post their times for their benz....

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php?carmodel=483&op1=%3E&data1=&search2=et&op2=%3C&data2=&days=10000000&carmake=30&name=Search+DragTimes

dqw1
12-04-05, 09:34 AM
04, the Altima must'a thought you were a CTS and had no idea what a V was. There's no way he'll beat you unless you completely F-up. There's thousand of the them on the roads been driven hard. It's not even a challenge.

willsctsv
12-04-05, 10:53 AM
Who said anything about the Cadi beating an E55?:hmm:
Altima, Please!!!! :histeric:
I'm surprised it took you to 4th gear to put only 4-6 cars on him. i DON'T CARE IF HE HAS MODS. If no turbo or nitrous how much HP can he be putting out? 300??

You said the turbo charged M sounded sick and it sounded better than some exotics. I bet the M did sound sick. But if your ever in the NYC area shoot me an email. You can hear my V. That V8 with headers, no cats and B&B exhaust intimidates everyone in sight. When I valet park the car I can here them start it up even when the car is quite far away. No to mention all the comments I get about how sick it sounds everytime I get gas or pull up to a 7/11 or some other store. A friend of mine from the local gym has a old school vette that he takes out on nice weekends. The other day he was getting out of his Lincoln Aviator as I pulled up next to him to park. He was like :bonkers: That sounds sick! I wouldn't race you with my vette if you pulled up to a light and I was sitting there. I would be afraid to lose!:histeric:

trekster
12-04-05, 11:18 AM
Altima, Please!!!! :histeric:
I'm surprised it took you to 4th gear to put only 4-6 cars on him. i DON'T CARE IF HE HAS MODS. If no turbo or nitrous how much HP can he be putting out? 300??

You said the turbo charged M sounded sick and it sounded better than some exotics. I bet the M did sound sick. But if your ever in the NYC area shoot me an email. You can hear my V. That V8 with headers, no cats and B&B exhaust intimidates everyone in sight. When I valet park the car I can here them start it up even when the car is quite far away. No to mention all the comments I get about how sick it sounds everytime I get gas or pull up to a 7/11 or some other store. A friend of mine from the local gym has a old school vette that he takes out on nice weekends. The other day he was getting out of his Lincoln Aviator as I pulled up next to him to park. He was like :bonkers: That sounds sick! I wouldn't race you with my vette if you pulled up to a light and I was sitting there. I would be afraid to lose!:histeric: I have the same setup as you bb xpipe, bb longtube headers with no cats and resonators, stealth power tune except I have a Volant CAI. I must set off like 6 or 7 car alarms everyday LOL. The V sounds nice when you're in the car giving wot.....but, it sounds like a monster when it drives by you at wot....It's like a vette on steroids.

crowan
12-04-05, 11:54 AM
:histeric: I killed an Altima the other day. I got him by only one car length, but I was on my Trek mountain bike and the chain slipped during during one of my shifts. The Altima was heavily modded with limo tint, a JC Whitney wing, and a fart can. My bike has a playing card held in the spokes by a clothes pin. It sounds SICK! :histeric:

CR

Luna.
12-04-05, 01:44 PM

I think it was his seemingly casual dismissal of the E55.

That is the kill that I'm waiting to get. However, as stated above, many (if not most) just don't play all that much.

MCaesar
12-04-05, 05:12 PM
I think it was his seemingly casual dismissal of the E55.

That is the kill that I'm waiting to get. However, as stated above, many (if not most) just don't play all that much.

My cousin lives 4 doors down and he has an E55 but he won't race it either. If I am driving I bang on it but then there is no one to drive my car.

On our block we have a E55, CTS-V, and Charger SRT8 - all in the family.

When spring comes we are lining them up to see who wins. (Well, really for 2nd place)

04CTSVFLA
12-04-05, 05:20 PM
in now way did i dismiss the e55 as a fast car. I know its fast, ive driven one, its about equally as fast as my dad's 04 porsche turbo cabriolet.....and im simply saying this m3 was fast as ****, and could take a e55, the turbo cabrio, and obviously my V and beat them. simple as that.

and i love how you all start to put words in my mouth...
did i ever say a V could beat a e55??? lol
and crowan way to be a total deustche bag to me AGAIN. do you go around looking for my posts to flame. get a life man.

04CTSVFLA
12-04-05, 05:21 PM
btw my friend says he has seen the same altima run 13.9 at gainesville raceway. so, its not thaaaaat slow.

urbanski
12-04-05, 05:24 PM
and crowan way to be a total deustche bag to me AGAIN. .
yeah crowan stop being one of.....those.....

Luna.
12-04-05, 05:25 PM
On our block we have a E55, CTS-V, and Charger SRT8 - all in the family.

When spring comes we are lining them up to see who wins. (Well, really for 2nd place)

LOL--that is hilarious!

Those E55s are scary.

ON PAPER (all things equal), I figure a V would need about 425 lb feet of torque to the rear tires to beat one (don't forget that the curb weight of the benz is about 237 lbs. more than the V). And that is assuming that the Benz only loses 15% through the drivetrain, which is somewhat generous. :duck:

But damn--those things are FAST.

in now way did i dismiss the e55 as a fast car. I know its fast, ive driven one, its about equally as fast as my dad's 04 porsche turbo cabriolet.....and im simply saying this m3 was fast as ****, and could take a e55, the turbo cabrio, and obviously my V and beat them. simple as that

Well, actually you did seem to dismiss the E55. You stated that such BMW could run mid-12s in the 1/4 (note that you are guessing here). Well, the E55 AMG DOES run mid 12s & that is pretty much STOCK.

I guess I'm somewhat confused. First you state that you believed the BMW to be able to run mid-12s in the 1/4, yet now you are very confident that it could take an E55??

04CTSVFLA
12-04-05, 05:38 PM
This m3 was running 12.5 on the street I said....on street tires....running street boost level. When it goes to the track I AM SURE with slicks, and its track level tune/boost level. At the track it would whoop the shit out of those e55s. On the street it would be neck and neck. Granted these are all based on assumptions of this m3. I dont understand why I have to go into detail every god damn post I make on this thread. Im saying the m3 was ****ing boosted and fast you guys can play your fill in the blank mad libs all day with anything I say....its just really ****ing annoying with u all putting these bullshit words into my mouth.

04CTSVFLA
12-04-05, 05:39 PM
and i would never ever buy that POS automatic. for what 100k.....benz can lick my nuts.

moldowan
12-04-05, 05:40 PM
Ich verstanden du nicht?????
Du ist eine dummkopf..leck mich am arsch-:bonkers:

crowan
12-04-05, 05:58 PM
and i would never ever buy that POS automatic. for what 100k.....benz can lick my nuts.

Do you think Benz will send a deustche bag to do the licking? I'm not into old chicks.:ill:

urbanski
12-04-05, 06:05 PM
lol

MCaesar
12-04-05, 07:16 PM
Here is what is missing unless I ovelooked it in your writing

How do you know how fast the M3 was just from looking at it without racing it or seeing it timed somewhere?

Luna.
12-05-05, 01:37 PM
:histeric:

onebadcad
12-05-05, 02:03 PM

You need to do some research before you call the E55 a POS. Taste and respect are two very different qualities-for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.stang.cc/sgmp/derek-10.95.wmv

Luna.
12-05-05, 02:06 PM
You need to do some research before you call the E55 a POS. Taste and respect are two very different qualities-for your viewing pleasure:

WOW. What mods did that guy do? 10s with a E55---WOW...

onebadcad
12-05-05, 02:29 PM
Not too familiar with how the E55 is modded, but here are a few items listed on his thread:

1) Kleeman Stage 2-I'm sure this includes PCM upgrades
2) 100-dry shot, not sure why he chose this over wet
3) drag radials with custom 16" CCW rims
4) 50 degree day, trailered to track, one gallon of fuel (probably high octane), no spare, etc...

DerekFSU is his name, I think his information is also on the dragtimes site. Very impressive run, and contrary to some's opinion, there is an art to launching the E55. Not many streetable, 4,100lb, sedans can match this beast. Rumor has it that there is a V with a 383ci at Vera Cadillac in South Florida that is looking to go sub-11 seconds within the next two months; waiting on new rear and tranny technology. I'll keep you updated!!!

brtnharv
12-05-05, 02:36 PM
My friend had a CLK55 AMG, never got to go up against him. My understanding was that the V could handle that one. He just got a CL65 AMG, yes the ridiculous one. I'd probably go up against it just see what 738 ft/lbs looks like.

MCaesar
12-05-05, 02:36 PM

Whether you like Mercedes or not, there are three motors that it would be wise to respect

blown 5.4 liter in the the 55 series (469 or 493 HP with 516 lb-ft of torque)

twin turbo V12 in the 600 series (493 HP/ 590 lb-ft)

twin turbo V12 in the AMG65s (604 HP/ 718? lb-ft)

Any one of those engines will at worst be a 13.0 second vehicle (S55) all the way down to the 11s for the 65.

Luna.
12-05-05, 02:40 PM
My friend had a CLK55 AMG, never got to go up against him. My understanding was that the V could handle that one. He just got a CL65 AMG, yes the ridiculous one. I'd probably go up against it just see what 738 ft/lbs looks like.

You mean what the ass-end of his car looks like... :)

brtnharv
12-05-05, 02:51 PM
You mean what the ass-end of his car looks like... :)

Touche. Well thats only if he leaves traction control on. If he turns it off and nails it on dry pavement, the car won't move. The michelins never have a chance to hook up - they just melt.

OldRoadDawg
12-05-05, 03:32 PM
Ich verstanden du nicht?????
Du ist eine dummkopf..leck mich am arsch-:bonkers:
"Ja . . . Jawohl!"
aufgestaute Gefühle?? :D