: GM Wheelhop fix.... Did it work?

austin
12-03-05, 08:32 AM
Hi,
I noticed that Cadillac has issued a service bulliten (#05-04-114-001A) to address the cts-v's wheelhop issue. Has anyone had this done yet, it is worth it, and did it realy make a noticable differance. Thanks... :)

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/tsb/05-04-114-001A.pdf#search='tsb%200504114001'

CVP33
12-03-05, 09:56 AM
Short answer NO.
Long answer while wheel hop is abated somewhat it is still there on agressive driving. Cold streets, cold tires, rain and speed shifting will make it worse. Worse as in unbearable. The GM bushings also squeak unless lubed regularly (every 2 weeks for me). I'd still get them again because they're free, but there are MUCH better solutions out there.

lawfive
12-03-05, 12:56 PM
I have the Specter bushings. They don't squeak. Wheel hop is reduced, but still there.

wildwhl
12-03-05, 04:09 PM
Yes I had the TSB performed.

No it did not work.

Will likely put the solid aluminum BMR bushings back in once I get a chance. I have the BMR bar in place - and still get hop.

It isn't going to go away - and Cadillac isn't going to do anything about it. I'm not very bothered by it any more - just drive around it.

oceanhut
12-03-05, 04:50 PM
I still hop on a launch, but wheel hop is COMPLETELY gone in all other gear shifts. If im in WOT and punching the clutch at redline I get no hot whatsoever!! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

ctsvett
12-03-05, 05:49 PM
Gone compeltely no, but I have noticed a much reduced hop especially (as said above) beyone 1st gear... i can definitly go into 2nd much harder without hop.

Reed

Koooop
12-04-05, 10:54 AM
:yeah:

GT04CTS-V
12-04-05, 10:57 AM
Truthfully, the GM kit elimated about 50% of the hop. Once the tires break loose and start to gain traction, the car will hop. The kit did eliminate the metallic clunking sound it made when it hops. There's gotta be a better fix.

GT

austin
12-04-05, 06:21 PM
Do the bushings realy need to be lubed like every two weeks or so. Thats not good. Does anyone have them installed that are not making noise. I am wondering if only a small percentage of them make the noise vs all of them.

GT04CTS-V
12-04-05, 07:32 PM
Mine were installed by Moore 4 months ago, no noise problems. Have never lubed them.

GT

austin
12-04-05, 08:49 PM
Thank you...

BTW.... What other service bullitens should i also have done. I bought the car used and would also like to get other "need to know about" recall work done before the warranty expires. :)

wildwhl
12-04-05, 11:53 PM
Do the bushings realy need to be lubed like every two weeks or so. Thats not good. Does anyone have them installed that are not making noise. I am wondering if only a small percentage of them make the noise vs all of them.

Mine have never been lubed, don't make noise, fit in there somewhat loose (though everything is properly torqued) and don't seem to do much to help.:helpless: