: Selling up..

mccombie_5
12-03-05, 04:29 AM
Well, today is the day. My Escalade goes the journey. I've kept quiet about this, because my uncle can't buy it as planned due to financial reasons, but I have a buyer lined up for it. He is coming over to pay me and collect the car today. Hes offered me 27,000. (thats $46K US)

Its goodbye to my baby, I love this car, but at the same time I dont want or need it anymore. It was for my family car, but the 99 SDV has that title now.

Playdrv4me
12-03-05, 04:48 AM
Hmm... sorry to see the big guy go... but really its probably for the best, I think you did great on your selling price and you can use that for another car project. How would you feel about adding some sort of classic to your collection? Like a Dodge Challenger or 53 Eldorado or something? I think you said you dont fancy old cars that much once, but I cant remember for sure.

Also, I see where pretty much all the other cars slot in your lineup, but Im not really sure what purpose the 99 STS serves, and you dont ever talk much about it... What do you use that one for?

mccombie_5
12-03-05, 04:57 AM
Hmm... sorry to see the big guy go... but really its probably for the best, I think you did great on your selling price and you can use that for another car project. How would you feel about adding some sort of classic to your collection? Like a Dodge Challenger or 53 Eldorado or something? I think you said you dont fancy old cars that much once, but I cant remember for sure.
Also, I see where pretty much all the other cars slot in your lineup, but Im not really sure what purpose the 99 STS serves, and you dont ever talk much about it... What do you use that one for?

I have always thought about classics, and my dad has sort of made me think more about this on his recent purchase of the Bentley he drove when i was a kid, Its something nice to have. For now the money will go in the bank, but I will defintely be looking into something next year.

Well, the STS was bought for my older son, but I liked it and kept it, sort of gave the BMW to him, and because i used the BMW for commuting, the STS filled its gap, when i got the VW rather than sell it i just kept it because i really do like it for the occasional drive. My dad is actually driving it for a while because his Vectra has a major oil problem, as in, its pissing out of it LOL.

- Put it this way, the insurance is for "Social and pleasure"

Playdrv4me
12-03-05, 05:01 AM
Terrific, youll never hear a bad word out of my mouth for any of those cars. You and I tend to share a very close taste for vehicles. I think you told me that once too.

mccombie_5
12-03-05, 05:09 AM
Terrific, youll never hear a bad word out of my mouth for any of those cars. You and I tend to share a very close taste for vehicles. I think you told me that once too.

Same for me, I like my BMWs too which is something i know you are partial to. The only gripe i have is that I-Drive is still a PITA. Its part of the reason my son is trading it in against an S-Type.

We do have close taste in vehicles, indeed. It seems we both share somethign for German cars. Speaking of them, Claire and I are going away to stay with friends in Scotland for the night, and we're taking the VW, it makes a nice distance cruiser.

The ESV's time had come

Playdrv4me
12-03-05, 05:17 AM
Oh that will be fun... Either way I go, whether it be the VW or the LR, I plan to take lots of trips throughout Florida and the southern and midwestern states, those cars are just designed to eat up miles effortlessly. Sounds like it will be a good time!

Gotta think the VW will be easier to maneuver around than the ESV too!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-03-05, 05:40 AM
Not sure how old your ESV was but 27K doesn't sound bad unless it was nearly new.

Makes sense for it to go if you have no use for it.

Curious though, was it a choice between the ESV and the Range Rover?
Or do you actually go off road at times thus making the Range Rover the obvious one to keep?

Elvis
12-03-05, 10:22 AM
Sounds like the right move at a great price. Get something more fun next time.

Be sure to poll us first.

mccombie_5
12-04-05, 01:59 PM
Not sure how old your ESV was but 27K doesn't sound bad unless it was nearly new.

Makes sense for it to go if you have no use for it.

Curious though, was it a choice between the ESV and the Range Rover?
Or do you actually go off road at times thus making the Range Rover the obvious one to keep?

My ESV was a 2005 with 11,000 miles thereabout. Im not sure if the buyer planned to drive it or what but he liked it.

The Range Rover is strictly an off road vehicle. It has off road tyres on it and is always up to its wing mirrors in mud *yup* the ESV had never been off road.