: Trading in the V!

Dave's V
12-03-05, 12:01 AM
Guys! As much as I hate to, I have to dump the V. I have pretty bad arhritis in my left hip and I think the V is causing it to get worse. I know I'm losing money but I have to consider my health.

I'm buying an Envoy Denali. I won't be racing anyone but I can't complain since it gets me to ski areas, more comfortable on long trips and I think my left hip will last longer.

The V has been a wonderful vehicle. I'm disappointed with its rear end issues. My second rear dif is starting to whine on longer trips now. Tire wear is an issue. Interior panels falling off (2 sail panels). Rattles (interior trim) that come and go. The infamous "parade clunk" that seems to be getting worse again. A 3 year old NAV disk. It just seems like I have been to the dealer (although they are a good one) too much for a $50k car.

I'll probably stop by once in awhile and who knows I might be back when I can afford to own two cars. I'll be putting up a few V things for sale on the classifieds. Car motorsports mats, seat belt covers, key chain. I may put the 1/24 V up for sale also.

If it wasn't for my hip, I would still keep a car even with its "normal" problems.

Take care and don't beat up the BMWs, MB and Chrysler Corp cars too much. I will still beat them in a race if we can go off road or in the snow.

Dave

Dave's V
12-03-05, 12:02 AM
Oh, I'm sure someone will ask this question. I got around $38k for the V. Pitiful but decent from what I've been hearing.

heavymetals
12-03-05, 02:04 AM
RATS.:mad:

Isn't getting old(er) fun?

Good luck with your choice.

Did you consider an STS at all?

Dave's V
12-03-05, 08:04 AM
RATS.:mad:

Isn't getting old(er) fun?

Good luck with your choice.

Did you consider an STS at all?

A decent STS would be a little too expensive with the negative equity that I have. If it wasn't for that I would have probably went with the SRX V8. I'll wait to see what direction Cadillic goes before I buy another Cadillac.

feline
12-03-05, 09:23 AM
DAVE, I know what you are going thru--my Husband wants a New VETTE and we are going to Sell/Trade our "V". I would Sell mine for somewhere around $38,000 also--Dave, how many miles did your "V" have?? Any Mods?
Appreciate a reply.
Thanks, Ginnie

c5racr1
12-03-05, 10:28 AM
try a trailblazer ss has a ls2 and ya can get 2 or 4 wheel drive

Dave's V
12-03-05, 06:43 PM
DAVE, I know what you are going thru--my Husband wants a New VETTE and we are going to Sell/Trade our "V". I would Sell mine for somewhere around $38,000 also--Dave, how many miles did your "V" have?? Any Mods?
Appreciate a reply.
Thanks, Ginnie

I just responded to your PM. For everyone else, it had almost 16k miles with only the ICAGS as a mod. I think I might go for the Vette instead of a V in the future.

Dave's V
12-03-05, 06:45 PM
I considered the SS. I already have a TB though and I take frequent long trips.

Koooop
12-04-05, 10:10 AM
My Dad just bought a Envoy Denali, V8, Short Wheel base, 4wd, nav, roof...Everything!

$33,500. ($2,450 of the discount came from my GM card)

Have fun, it's a buyers market on that car.

Dave's V
12-04-05, 04:15 PM
Mine was around $35.5k w/o my GM card. It just proves that Red Tag pricing is not the final price if they want to sell a car. It is nice that I don't have to hit the stupid agree button to get my recently updated NAV to work every time I start the car.

GNSCOTT
12-04-05, 04:45 PM
Good luck on the trade in. My car was an 04 w/ 23k and I felt lucky to get $29k for a trade.