: Contemplating selling my V for an Escalade..

LV_V
12-02-05, 04:46 PM
I just can't stand having the V in for service every f'ing week. I love the car, but hate its issues (I think everyone can agree with me on this). Its really too bad that Cadillac managed to f up such a good thing. I think I'll just get an Escalade until I can afford to add a 997 Turbo to my garage for "sprited" driving ;)

Up for sale possibly in the next month, maybe early January. Sad to let it go, but I just have to. It will be nice to drive a RELIABLE car for once. This forum has been great and without it I would have absolutely hate the V's issues. With your help I have been able to assist my dealer in trying to know what to do! Ridiculous...

naiculnila
12-02-05, 05:07 PM
I feel your pain....i would do the same exact thing except that i would be upside down so much on the car it wouldn' t be worth getting rid of.
Never knew it would depreciate over 10k as soon as it rolled off the lot!

LV_V
12-02-05, 05:09 PM
I paid cash and bought it used for a great deal so I shouldn't lose too much; main reason I'm considering selling it.

Barak
12-02-05, 07:22 PM
I can't tell you how many people asked me why I didn't get an Escalade when I bought my V. My first instinct was to reply "Are you f'ing kidding me."

When I saw the title for this thread, the same thought came to mind, but after reading your sig it makes perfect sense.

12-02-05, 08:01 PM
I'm contemplating selling my cell phone for some Cool-Whip. That cell phone is so annoying.....it RINGS all the time with those damn customized ring tones. The Cool Whip will be much quieter.

(sorry I couldn't resist. Urb: bunny time)

Luna.
12-02-05, 08:03 PM
I can't tell you how many people asked me why I didn't get an Escalade when I bought my V. My first instinct was to reply "Are you f'ing kidding me."

:yeah:

BowenCT
12-02-05, 08:07 PM

That would be my response. If you want a full size SUV, why not buy a Tahoe and keep the V?

crowan
12-02-05, 08:27 PM
I'm contemplating selling my cell phone for some Cool-Whip. That cell phone is so annoying.....it RINGS all the time with those damn customized ring tones. The Cool Whip will be much quieter.

Plus, you can use Cool Whip in a crowded restaurant without people giving you the stink eye.:yup:

CR

RobzBLKV
12-02-05, 08:58 PM
yeah, that's what I think every time I go out to get in the V. Hey, I wish I had an Escalade instead!

Wtf are you smoking?

StealthV
12-02-05, 09:06 PM

Why is Urb associated with the bunny?

ace996
12-02-05, 09:26 PM
bunny with pancake on it's head!!!!!!

keeksv
12-02-05, 09:46 PM

Bunnies to extinguish the flames that are almost certain to ignite in threads like this....kitties too...and if I remember correctly, giraffe butts, right Urb?

Mmmmmm....Coolwhip

ylwjacket
12-03-05, 12:34 AM
I had an Escalade as a daily driver 3 years ago. Couldn't stand commuting in it. It is too big and slow. I gave it to my wife and got a BMW X5 after only about 2 weeks. 3 years later, her lease ran out and we got the extended size Escalade (bought this one - 0% interest - easy decision). The X5 was a great car in every way, except when its lease ran out, the dealer was a ***** and didn't want to let me drive a 645 or a X5 4.8. So, I went back to the caddy place and bought the V.

DOn't know what kind of issues you're having, but I can tell you the Escalade is a great family truckster or haul wagon. It bites to commute in though. Nothing like a little power shifting in the V to wake up your fellow commuters!

Dave's V
12-03-05, 01:49 AM
I have to get rid of my V due to health issues. I thought about an Escalade briefly until I remembered how much negative equity I have in the V. I bought an Envoy Denali instead. I'm going to watch Cadillac over the next few years to see if they improve in some areas before I consider another Cadillac. The Escalade is a little to big for me anyways and every time my 11 year old daughter sees one she says "Gee, I wonder where he stole that from".

urbanski
12-03-05, 08:12 AM

cool whip gives me a headache :mad:

urbanski
12-03-05, 08:14 AM
i think you did the pancake bunny :)
i lean more toward kitties and cows :p
and redi-whip > *

LV_V
12-03-05, 03:52 PM
When I saw the title for this thread, the same thought came to mind, but after reading your sig it makes perfect sense.

What exactly do you mean by this? The ONLY reason I am thinking of replacing the V is due to the constant barrage of issues this car has. Believe me, this has been the best car I have ever driven (and I was a valet at a country club years ago driving all sorts of sports cars and luxury cars). Its fast, sexy, and handles extremely well, but when its at the dealer its hard for these attributes to shine through. If your V was having the problems mine keeps having you would certainly think twice about keeping this as a daily driver. It infuriates me, but there is not shit I can do about it.

Texan V
12-03-05, 06:35 PM
Why consider another Cadillac after all the problems?

Playdrv4me
12-03-05, 06:59 PM
I think alot of the problems most people experience with the CTS-V tend to be isolated to that car. Escalades and all the GMT800 vehicles are relatively trouble-free workhorses.

Koooop
12-04-05, 10:51 AM
V to Escalade?

F16 to a School bus.

Maybe you could put some 25" wheels on it. :green:

CVP33
12-04-05, 04:08 PM
The new 2007 Escalades will be a sight to behold. As will the GMC's and Chevy's for that matter. I'd never trade my V for anything other than another very quick 4 door. Adding a newer SUV and/or a Vette to the mix is not out of the question though.

Barak
12-05-05, 02:35 AM
What exactly do you mean by this? The ONLY reason I am thinking of replacing the V is due to the constant barrage of issues this car has. Believe me, this has been the best car I have ever driven (and I was a valet at a country club years ago driving all sorts of sports cars and luxury cars). Its fast, sexy, and handles extremely well, but when its at the dealer its hard for these attributes to shine through. If your V was having the problems mine keeps having you would certainly think twice about keeping this as a daily driver. It infuriates me, but there is not shit I can do about it.

It means whatever your insecurities hope it doesn't mean.:lildevil:

But seriously, if I had that many problems with my V I would give my business to someone other than GM. I definitely wouldn't expect a badge engineered, glorified Tahoe to be much less of a burden.

Skiddles
12-05-05, 04:33 AM
LV V

"I love the car, but hate its issues (I think everyone can agree with me on this). Its really too bad that Cadillac managed to f up such a good thing."

I feel the same as you, but get rid of it, now. Why wait?

Good Luck

LV_V
12-05-05, 03:24 PM
So I've weighed my options, continued to read the forum, and have realized that it would be stupid to give up the V. Someone please smack me for even contemplating it. Stupid, stupid, stupid... :crying:

The V demands respect and is a dream to drive. An Escalade, it seems, is at every stoplight shuttling kids to soccer practice.

crowan
12-05-05, 04:14 PM
So I've weighed my options, continued to read the forum, and have realized that it would be stupid to give up the V. Someone please smack me for even contemplating it. Stupid, stupid, stupid... :crying:

The V demands respect and is a dream to drive. An Escalade, it seems, is at every stoplight shuttling kids to soccer practice.

This intervention is now over.:yup:
You must never speak of this again.:shhh:

CR

Koooop
12-05-05, 04:18 PM
LV V

"I love the car, but hate its issues (I think everyone can agree with me on this). Its really too bad that Cadillac managed to f up such a good thing."

I feel the same as you, but get rid of it, now. Why wait?

Good Luck

Issues? I don't got no stinkin' issues!

The V Rocks.

ylwjacket
12-05-05, 04:54 PM

I don't know if I'd go that far. It's not you, get something else.

An Escalade, it seems, is at every stoplight shuttling kids to soccer practice.

That's sort of what they're made for, and they're excellent at it. They aren't very good at being sports cars, though some people with more money than sense try to convert them to it anyways.

ylwjacket
12-05-05, 04:57 PM
The Escalade is a little to big for me anyways and every time my 11 year old daughter sees one she says "Gee, I wonder where he stole that from".

Mine cost a heck of a lot more than the V, and I can assure you it's not stolen.

:tisk:

AmesCTS-V
12-05-05, 04:58 PM
I drive my V everyday. Even with the snow there isn't anything else I'd rather be driving.

keeksv
12-05-05, 04:58 PM

:cloud9: :rose: :band:

Skiddles
12-06-05, 05:48 AM
LV V

Well, I quess you can keep on driving your RELIABLE vehicle to the dealer once a week and keep on assisting them in dealing with your issues.:confused:
Good Luck