: Death Penalty...

ben72227
12-02-05, 12:56 AM
Not sure if you guys know about this, but there was a very notable execution today.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Tuong_Nguyen

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the death penalty. I, for one, think it should be used in capital murder cases, but I think that using it as a penalty for drug traffiking is a bit...extreme...

I also think that hanging is a barbaric way of executing someone, even if they do it "humanely"...I'd much rather prefer firing squad or electrocution...lethal injection is TOO humane...:lildevil:

Sandy
12-02-05, 01:14 AM
The death penalty should be reserved for persons who murder someone in the midst - in the act of - committing a crime, such as robbery, or running them over running from the police. (and) In such instances, it should be mandatory.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-02-05, 01:16 AM
:yeah:

illumina
12-02-05, 01:22 AM
I prefer the Machiavellian way of showing no mercy to the scum who murder with no just cause.

thu
12-02-05, 01:38 AM
This guy, Van Tuong Nguyen, must have known that there was a death penalty for smuggling that much heroin through Singapore. After all, he was involved with heroin in one way or another (his brother was an addict).

He threw the dice and he lost.

Shades of "Midnight Express".

chuckdobbins
12-02-05, 01:40 AM
i was raised with the saying

"two wrongs dont make a right."

three lefts do though =]

Sandy
12-02-05, 09:15 AM
I knowyour are joking with the three wrongs.....

But, this is NOT about being right or wrong, nor about being right or left, nor about conservative nor liberal, nor about Christian or Jewish, this is simply about something we probably do everyday.....
Taking out the Garbage !! ;)

AirJigga25
12-02-05, 09:46 AM
Not sure if you guys know about this, but there was a very notable execution today.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Tuong_Nguyen

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the death penalty. I, for one, think it should be used in capital murder cases, but I think that using it as a penalty for drug traffiking is a bit...extreme...

I also think that hanging is a barbaric way of executing someone, even if they do it "humanely"...I'd much rather prefer firing squad or electrocution...lethal injection is TOO humane...:lildevil:

This death penalty/capital punishment debate is up there on the level of the abortion debate, gay marriage debate, religion debate, kind of touchy.

But I think that if someone gets convicted and gets the death penalty, they should be put to death immediately within a month instead of waiting around for 10 years in prison going through appeals, etc. and wasting all the tax payers money. Just doing it right away makes sense to me.

Lord Cadillac
12-02-05, 09:53 AM
Please do not start political discussions.