: ShadowLvr400......

156MPH
12-14-03, 11:17 PM
Looking to do nitrous, any advice what brand etc. Thanks Eric

beemer2k
12-15-03, 12:07 PM
Looking to do nitrous, any advice what brand etc. Thanks Eric
If you're gonna do it right, timesert the head bolts first and make sure all your internals are a-ok. I suppose if you only plan on a light spray (40 or 50 shot) you might be able to get by without timeserting... but if it were me (and I'm a greedy sumbitch) I'd want an 80-100 shot. I haven't looked at brands yet, but I'd spend the money and get direct port. It seems like the most reliable with the least potential problems.

Dubya
12-15-03, 02:58 PM
isn't timeserting only done if you have to remove the heads? i didn't think it would actually help, what happens when you remove the head is the bolts/threads get all messed up, and timeserting lets you put it back on. i don't know why anyone would remove there heads just to do a timesert, unless maybe you wanted to change the headgaskets as preventive maintaince?

personally, i think 75 is perfect. phils just crazy going with 125 and the northstars weak gaskets. 75 was used by borla when they made the "borla aurora" (intake, exhaust, 75 shot on a 96 i think 4.0 northstar) 100 seems like its pushing it