Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Peeling Console faceplate

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GJB 
#1 ·
I started to notice a bit of very slight peeling around the edge of the center console screen (CUE) but thought nothing of it.

Seen here:

Well I was given a loaner ATS for a couple days and the faceplate looked like THIS:

Has anyone else noticed this degradation of the faceplate? I'm only 23k miles in, I'd hate the see at 100K!

I don't use any harsh cleaning liquids so I don't think that could be it. I'm thinking I might have to bring this up with my dealer soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know you said you don't use anything harsh, but I'd look at the label of the product you're using. My guess is a cleaner most likely caused that. The manual states not to use glass cleaner on it. I normally just use a dry microfiber. I also have a cleaner specifically for nav screens. Its alcohol based instead of ammonia. I think you'll have a very hard time getting that covered under warranty. The entire unit would need to be replaced. Keep us posted on this.

#8 ·
Yup, you can add that to my list of things. I just happened to notice it one day and had no idea how something like that could have happened. Despite knowing there is no way I could have scratched it like that I assumed somehow it had gotten scratched despite me being the only driver. Never bothered to ask the dealer about it because I just assumed that they would say I scratched it somehow.

#10 ·
agreed.....lol.....i'm thinking this piano black thing is a crime it suck you have to treat a radio better than your moms finest china and the times the car is out of your control a lot attendant with a wedding band cleaning your car after an oil change and blammo....you have what you tirelessly worked hard to prevent....this is just too delicate

now that i mention it....my wedding band is tungsten and carbon fiber and already it has marked my steering wheel and put a fine micro etch line on my windshield...damn ring is too strong it's perfectly shiny not one mar on it, i just know it's laughing at me :mad2:....good thing CUE is to my right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.