: Sonic! Burger

FSU_Noles
11-30-05, 02:59 PM
I am having a discussion with some friends and family about whether or not you are supposed to tip SONIC servers. I do not know if they get paid sub-minimum wage and expect tips or if they get paid at least minimum wage and tips are gravy.

So, question is, Do you tip your SONIC server??

Brett
11-30-05, 03:02 PM
i have never tipped, but now you got me thinking about it...THANKS :(

danbuc
11-30-05, 03:06 PM
I see the commercials for Sonic all the time on TV where I am, but there isn't a Sonic burger joint around here. I have never seen one, and always wondered why they would spend the money to advertise to people, who don't live anywhere near one. Just out of curiosity, are they any good? Just in case I happen to see one in th future.

FSU_Noles
11-30-05, 03:08 PM
I see the commercials for Sonic all the time on TV where I am, but there isn't a Sonic burger joint around here. I have never seen one, and always wondered why they would spend the money to advertise to people, who don't live anywhere near one. Just out of curiosity, are they any good? Just in case I happen to see one in th future.

I think they are good, there are tons of flavored shakes and such (i.e. cherry limeade), footlong chili dogs and everything that you would find at a regular 50's style car hop joint.

danbuc
11-30-05, 03:11 PM
Well damnit, they should build one near me so I can eat there. Sounds like something right out of Amercian Graffiti.

urbanski
11-30-05, 03:26 PM
damn i just don't know.....i never go there anymore for exactly this reason!!!

Elvis
11-30-05, 03:37 PM
Thank you for posting this.

It explains the crappy service I always get there.

FSU_Noles
11-30-05, 07:56 PM
Thank you for posting this.

It explains the crappy service I always get there.

You get crappy service because you don't tip? Or you get crappy service therefore you don't tip?

I r cornfused... :confused:

terrible one
11-30-05, 07:57 PM
At ours they just installed modules to allow you to pay with your credit card. I'll bet the waiters and waitresses are pissed because now they probably don't get tipped as much.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-30-05, 08:07 PM
They don't have Sonics in Minnesota :(

I've always wanted to go to one

Boombotz
11-30-05, 08:13 PM
I have always tipped! Don't know if you are supposed to or not! I don't really care for there food much, but all there drinks are real good. I wood take Whataburger over Sonics anyday. Atmosphere is cool though!

Spittin Game
11-30-05, 08:24 PM
If your paying cash just tell them to keep the change. If you use a credit card, I dont know.

Jesda
11-30-05, 08:31 PM
Keep the change is what I say.

Playdrv4me
11-30-05, 09:26 PM
I use a debit card everywhere and I get really bothered when places that dont normally take tips have the tipping spot on my card receipts. It feels awkward to give it back empty.

And that leads to ANOTHER question.... Do you tip at REGULAR restaurants (Chili's, Applebees, Outback etc.) when you do TAKEOUT? I do not, I figure it didnt take much work to get the order from the back of the house to the driveway or to go area.

urbanski
11-30-05, 09:29 PM
i'd vote no to takeout

and i'll second whataburger > sonic :)

Boombotz
11-30-05, 09:29 PM
And that leads to ANOTHER question.... Do you tip at REGULAR restaurants (Chili's, Applebees, Outback etc.) when you do TAKEOUT? I do not, I figure it didnt take much work to get the order from the back of the house to the driveway or to go area.

I do, but not alot. Usually have them keep the change as long as it is not alot of change.

Playdrv4me
11-30-05, 09:35 PM
Yea, since I always pay with the card... again I feel bad for leaving it empty when I give the receipt back... but my scrooge side wins out and leaves it blank anyway :p

DBA-One
11-30-05, 09:50 PM
Sonic rules and I tip.

Joey'sVee
11-30-05, 10:03 PM
I tip a little but not a lot. I used to bang one of those girls when I was younger and all I gotta say is they make some really good money. The thing is it's really quick to were as most waitresses have to spend a lot of time with the customers.

Got me thinking about her now...Boy she was a hot little thing with a tight ass body!

Boombotz
11-30-05, 10:05 PM
Yea, since I always pay with the card... again I feel bad for leaving it empty when I give the receipt back... but my scrooge side wins out and leaves it blank anyway :p

Speaking of paying with the check card. I sure you know about the Bank of America rounding you change to the nearest dollar program they have.

Dadillac
11-30-05, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know if there is a Sonic in the NJ/NY area? They tv advertise around here like mad. Thier website doesn't show any in the Northeast. This must be costing them a fortune, with no return. Plus, it really pisses me off. I want to try the place real bad, but will be damned, if I will go to Virginia for a burger.

Don

Playdrv4me
11-30-05, 11:14 PM
Speaking of paying with the check card. I sure you know about the Bank of America rounding you change to the nearest dollar program they have.

"Keep the Change". I signed up for it a few days after it was available to us, I actually work for BofA in the IT department down here in south Tampa. It is pretty kick ass... they match it for like the first 3 months.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-30-05, 11:14 PM
i tip at sonic too ....but thats becuse i recall the days of the "drive in" .....yes i know im 24 .....but back home in Indiana there are still a few of them ....servieing up the great hoosier dish called "pork tenderloin sandwich"

Boombotz
11-30-05, 11:22 PM
"Keep the Change". I signed up for it a few days after it was available to us, I actually work for BofA in the IT department down here in south Tampa. It is pretty kick ass... they match it for like the first 3 months.

It is a great program they match 100% for the first 3 months and 5% there after.

Spyder
11-30-05, 11:22 PM
I only went to sonic once. I expected a cute girl on roller skates to bring me my food, but instead I got a large round sweaty guy in sneakers that tripped over his shoelaces and dropped my drink on the side of my truck, so I havn't been back since. I wasn't too impressed with their food, and I was dissapointed by the fat sweaty guy.

Spyder
11-30-05, 11:23 PM
And the Keep the Change, I've not been matched for any of mine yet..wondering if they do it at the end of the three months, because its been a month and a half, and they havn't given up a penny...oh well, I'm still saving decent amounts! :)

Playdrv4me
11-30-05, 11:25 PM
And the Keep the Change, I've not been matched for any of mine yet..wondering if they do it at the end of the three months, because its been a month and a half, and they havn't given up a penny...oh well, I'm still saving decent amounts! :)

Ya, I think it occurs at the end of 90 days, because I have not been matched either. Im looking forward to that!

fast66
11-30-05, 11:27 PM
I use a debit card everywhere and I get really bothered when places that dont normally take tips have the tipping spot on my card receipts. It feels awkward to give it back empty.
Oh man that is an akward moment. I hate when it happens, especially when it is take out.

Boombotz
11-30-05, 11:40 PM
Ya, I think it occurs at the end of 90 days, because I have not been matched either. Im looking forward to that!

I called the bank and the answer is they match the money annually. So on the date that you joined the program within 8 weeks of that date your money will be matched. It is at 100% for the first 3 months and 5% of the total for the remaining 9 months. The following year it will be 5% for the entire year.

danbuc
12-01-05, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know if there is a Sonic in the NJ/NY area? They tv advertise around here like mad. Thier website doesn't show any in the Northeast. This must be costing them a fortune, with no return. Plus, it really pisses me off. I want to try the place real bad, but will be damned, if I will go to Virginia for a burger.
Don

That's what I was saying before. I've never seen a Sonic anywhere in either tristate areas (NY, NJ, CT/ PA, NJ, DE). I just can't understand why they would waste the money advertising to poeple who can't buy their food anyway. It just doesn't make sense.

Night Wolf
12-01-05, 03:10 AM
CHECKERS is THE best burger joint! love the spicy chicken AND THEIR FRIES! mmmmmm, then next up is Arbys.

I have been to Sonic a few times, I too have wondered about tipping.. I didn't but next time i guess I will... they are cute girls too.

danbuc
12-01-05, 03:28 AM
I hate Arby's!

Night Wolf
12-01-05, 03:45 AM
I hate Arby's!

and Arbys hates you

:)

Their Beef & Chedder is the best, along with seasoned curly fries :)

Caddy Man
12-01-05, 04:01 AM
i love A & W...thier double deluxe cheeseburger and some chicken chunks...oh mannnn :thumbsup: :dance: :highfive:

Jesda
12-01-05, 06:36 AM
You guys ever eat at Zips? Theyre located in Washington and Idaho. They have this thing called the Big Zipper, which is three patties served on a long bun, loaded up with heavenly heart-stopping goodness.

FSU_Noles
12-01-05, 08:16 AM
That's what I was saying before. I've never seen a Sonic anywhere in either tristate areas (NY, NJ, CT/ PA, NJ, DE). I just can't understand why they would waste the money advertising to poeple who can't buy their food anyway. It just doesn't make sense.

Those are probably national ad campaigns on national stations or cable. I used to have the same gripe when I lived in Alabama and had to watch Boston Market commercials - mmmm.... Boston Market.

Night Wolf
12-01-05, 12:30 PM
Yeah, they were on a *few* times in NY...

but really, they pay FOX or something to air it, and it gets aired all over FOX... even if it isn't there...

Playdrv4me
12-01-05, 07:18 PM
Brand Awareness... Future Expansion.

Boombotz
12-01-05, 11:11 PM
Yea we had the commercials first here in Tampa, then a year later they started popping up everywhere. Just wait, they will be there soon.

Adam
12-01-05, 11:23 PM
oh crap no! was i supposed to?:ill:

Adam
12-01-05, 11:26 PM
i love A & W...thier double deluxe cheeseburger and some chicken chunks...oh mannnn :thumbsup: :dance: :highfive:

A&W just isnt as good down south as it is back north. do ya'll still have Halo Burger? i loved their Cream ales (sp?). i havent ate there in about 6 years but i can still taste them...

PhillyXcess
12-09-05, 11:27 AM
If I am paying with cash, I usually tell them to "keep the change". It's usually only a buck or two, but I figure if everyone gave them a buck these kids could start saving up for their own Caddies. If I use a debit card, I usually give the kid a buck when he brings me back my slip.

It's more of a Karma thing for me. There are so many kids who sit on their ass playing PS2 that I want to make sure the working kids make as much as they can.

fpmesiIII
12-09-05, 12:10 PM
fast food in general... gross.