: Jap Cars Shouldn't use Tollbooths

RobertCTS
11-30-05, 08:46 AM
I'm alway trash talking the imports but this really gave me a giggle. What were they thinking!!:hmm:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/toll-1.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/toll-2.jpg

ewill3rd
11-30-05, 09:13 AM
Looks to me like someone didn't want to wait, thought they could get around?
That is funny.
What's even funnier is the dude stuck inside the car.

terrible one
11-30-05, 09:24 AM
Yeah, seems that way to me as well. I didn't realise that the guy was stuck in the car till ewill3rd mentioned it. That's funny.

RobertCTS
11-30-05, 09:48 AM
Is there just the one lane? Look at the spectators in the background.:hmm:

ewill3rd
11-30-05, 11:48 AM
I think those are New York plates too... that explains a little more :D

danbuc
11-30-05, 03:15 PM
Hay wait a minute......things get crazy sometimes at the tollbooths here. I've seen many unusual things when driving around the city, but I've never seen anything like this. That guy in the Civic definitely tried to get around the person in the Maxima. If only he was driving an Aveo......:helpless:

Mbai2
11-30-05, 03:31 PM
Hay wait a minute......things get crazy sometimes at the tollbooths here. I've seen many unusual things when driving around the city, but I've never seen anything like this. That guy in the Civic definitely tried to get around the person in the Maxima. If only he was driving an Aveo......:helpless:

It actually looks like the other way around. The guy in the Maxima was trying to get around the Civic. The Maxima is the car with the front end damage which would result if it was trying to squeeze through from the back. The Civic has no front end damage at all but has a dent in the rear bumper from where the Maxima hit.

danbuc
11-30-05, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but the actual tollbooth is on the left. If the Civic was paying the toll, the guy wold have had to stop, get otu of his car, and walk five feet over to the booth the pay them. Hmm...strange though, your right about the front end damage. The more I think about how this happened, the more I realize how many dumbasses are out on the roads around here. The worst is when you get a situation like trying to get into the Lincoln, or Holland tunnel, where a crap load of lanes all converge into two right after the tollbooths. You have to manuever your way through hundreds of cars and trucks, fighting for a lane, hoping that the big 18-wheeler right next to you sees you, before he cust over and crushes you into tiny pieces. You haven't driven in real traffic, until you found yourself flashing your brights, blowing the horn, flipping the bird, and screaming F**K YOU!!! out the window all at the same time....greatest place ever.

turbojimmy
11-30-05, 04:28 PM
I think it was a game of chicken gone awry. The NY tags say it all. I'd bet it was a race to the toll booth. Both lost.

Jim

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-30-05, 04:57 PM
hahaha this is funny because of the stupidity

Playdrv4me
11-30-05, 05:37 PM
Man, just imagine how you both feel AFTER the adrenaline rush of the road rage wears off and the spectators and police show up... idiots.

urbanski
11-30-05, 06:24 PM
the honda is like me.....every damn time the idiot in front of you drops their change and holds the line up :mad:
makes me want to push him out of the way or something :0

ben72227
11-30-05, 06:44 PM
Well, there's one good thing about Arkansas for you - no tollbooths. As for "real" driving - you haven't done REAL driving until you have a redneck drift across 4 lanes of traffic in his Dodge Ram so he can make the exit ramp. Now, avoiding that TAKES SKILL.:bighead:

Night Wolf
11-30-05, 10:02 PM
Ah yes, good ol' NY :)

5mph... that is for the EZ-pass... it isn't like you stop there, so I dunno why they would try and cut in, unless someone wasn't in the right lane then tried to cut over....

NY drivers are NOWHERE near bad drivers :) the all time worst drivers, so far goes:

#1 Noo Joysee (by far)

#2 Florida (atleast Tampa Bay area)

:)

ewill3rd
11-30-05, 10:42 PM
I don't think any one state has the market cornered on bad drivers.
I think they are all over the place, usually they are right in front of me! :D

I have heard that Wisconson drivers are pretty bad.
I have seen lots of stuff that blows my mind. I have found that most metro area drivers are actually pretty good, just aggressive and sometimes a little angry.

It's when you get out in the sticks that you really have to worry.

ben72227
11-30-05, 11:06 PM
I don't know. I mean, in Arkansas, Turn-signal usage is punishable by law:D

danbuc
12-01-05, 01:51 AM
Pennsylvania drivers are worse than Jersey. I live in Jersey and New York and have seen the worst of both states as far as drivers. Living in Pennsylvania for the last year for school, has shown me that there are other parts fo the country with worse drivers than my own home states. I've never driven in a state where more people refuse to use turn signals, or drive at an annoying 5mph under the speed limit than Pennsylvania, and I've driven in quite few states. Hell, I've even driven in Mexico. I thought California was bad the last time I was out there, but PA......oh man was I pissed every time I had to drive somewhere. People are so damn slow to accelerate at a green light, that you could be only ten cars back, and byt the time you start to move, the light is already Red again. That doesn't happen in NY, or NJ. If you don't get moving, you get rear ended or cutoff....either way, people get the message.

Night Wolf
12-01-05, 02:45 AM
I dunno... I drove thru PA and it was pretty uneventful.....HUGE state to drive thru, but the drivers didn't seem bad...

danbuc
12-01-05, 02:48 AM
I guess it depends on where you are. I was living in Chester county, about 25-30 minutes south west of Philly. I had friends there who live elsewhere in PA, and they could all drive well. I guess it was just that particular part of PA that was bad......and it was. It's not so much the highays that get you, it's the local roads in town.