Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2015 OEM on 2013

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  DavidATS 
#1 ·
With the 2015's being the first year with the new shield, is it possible to swap the parts on a 2013 with their respective 2015 OEM parts to get the new shield?

Noticed in my service loaner the new shield is only on the grille, trunk lid, and steering wheel horn/airbag cover (aside from the key fob) which all seem to be easily replaceable. No?

#5 ·
even tho i agree with the old crest, to answer OP, i doubt it would b any easy to replace the steering wheel one without changing steering wheels. same with the grill one. unless the new grill shares a similar sized plastic black round disc that the emblem is mounted on. but even then u gotta take teh grill apart (ive done this). but if u do it, im sure some ppl will rally up behind u.

#6 ·
Thanks D. I was referring to replacing the grille as a whole as you mentioned in your post. I would think the overall specs of the grille may be the same.

And in regards to the old vs new crest, this is my first Caddy so I'm indifferent to which crest I like more. I would say the more I look at the newer crest the more I like it since, to me, it looks like it goes with the angles of the car more. I'm also 28 and likely drawn towards the newer crest by default anyways since I'm at the lower end of the owner age spectrum and have no prior ties to the brand.

I still love the car, old crest and all, but was just curious.

#8 ·
It should be doable although in the front you can't install a 2015 grill since it is taller. You would need the 2015 fascia too. Your lower LEDs should transfer over. Before you buy all this though, check to see if some 2015 owner wants to just swap you parts, maybe throw in a little cash.

#11 ·
smurfkiller said:
cadillac logo has wreath around the crest . period . new logo is dumb as just crest alone. hell they already took the ducks n stuff outta the crest. why inhumane to ducks? plus the crest in the front grille on 15s is way to big.
I agree smurf! yet this new logo very much resembles the 1956 change... I don't like it, but I can see myself growing towards it if they would actually make it fit in better with the grill, size and skew. but they have a lot of work to do to get it right.

I also plan on ordering an ATS-V the first day available in the second model year(2016). I told my salesman to MARK IT DOWN DUDE!!

But I'm with ya, I'm crest AND wreath thru n thru

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.