: fuel treatment

keep it fresh
11-29-05, 10:18 PM
ever sinced i used a fuel treatment my car has been acting up...wat to do?

Ranger
11-29-05, 10:37 PM
Burn that crap out and fill the tank with fresh gas. Did you use it in a FULL tank and only put in the recommended amount? That stuff is very strong. It can and will eat the insulation off the pump windings and cause pump failure. We have been advised by a former well respected and knowledgable member not to use that stuff. Particularly in high concentrations.

thu
11-29-05, 11:07 PM
I understand that it will also eat the windings off the injector coils, too.

Unless you have bona-fide fuel system problems, there really isn't a good reason to use injector/fuel system cleaners. Just use good, quality gas.

Ranger
11-29-05, 11:15 PM
I understand that it will also eat the windings off the injector coils, too.

Unless you have bona-fide fuel system problems, there really isn't a good reason to use injector/fuel system cleaners. Just use good, quality gas.
True.

keep it fresh
11-30-05, 02:17 PM
it only acts up on start ups and the car is running rich, check engine comes on sometime and the code reads fuel injector circuit #1 malfunction.....im goin to change my fuel filter fill her up with fresh 93 premium and get a mechanin to check my injector circuits b/c it could also be from when i cleaned my engine the water could of shorted a harness