: Prodominent Car Make in your Area?

SpeedyArizona
11-28-05, 07:47 PM
Everyday I've been seeing Lexus' plates everywhere! I even parked next to 4 differnet ones today alone:bonkers: ! I see the prodominet one being the GS for some reason?

Any certain makes of car that are prodominent in your area?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-28-05, 07:51 PM
Everyday I've been seeing Lexus' plates everywhere! I even parked next to 4 differnet ones today alone:bonkers: ! I see the prodominet one being the GS for some reason?

Any certain makes of car that are prodominent in your area?
welll when im in new port richey all i see are hyundais ....round here , nothing but oddesy minivans ....in fact "the cult" i like to call them is 3 miles up the road , its a church , all members of the conregeation drive silver honda oddesys .....every monday morning its the strangest site i see .....40 silver oddesys in the church lot and one silver 05 grand caravan

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-28-05, 08:00 PM
A lot of 97-03 F-150s, BMW 3 Series, and Honda Accords around here in Eagan.

PS. Good thread idea! :thumbsup:

Sandy
11-28-05, 08:15 PM
Subarus, Hondas (Especially the Odd-a-City), lots of Toyopet Camays, and Nissan Altimas. Luxury alot of BMW 5 series and Town Cars.

slk230mb
11-28-05, 08:16 PM
Late 80s/Early 90s FWD econbox's/mid size cars...and they have been beaten to hell. Add some pickups and you have Binghamton and it's surrounding cities.

powerglide
11-28-05, 08:22 PM
As my neighbor says....."BMW's are the Hondas of La Jolla!"
Lots of Mercedes too. I am the ONLY Caddy in the whole parking garage :eek:

ben72227
11-28-05, 08:48 PM
I've noticed a sharp increase in Nissans. Honda's are a staple around here, as are *some* GM cars. I see an uncanny number of 90s Pontiacs (Grand Prixs, Grand Ams, etc.) and I see lots of Impalas too. There are also TONS of Suburbans...

Randy_W
11-28-05, 08:50 PM
Chevrolet is the number one brand in total registration here, mostly trucks of one sort or another, Ford is next, then Toyota.

Jesda
11-28-05, 09:02 PM
In west St Louis, Mercury, Lexus, and MB are popular. Overall, I'd say anything from Ford a bit more than GM.

SpeedyArizona
11-28-05, 09:09 PM
Besides Lexus, I ALWAYS see Explorers and Navigators! You will never go a day here without seeing one.

Caddy Man
11-28-05, 09:09 PM
Anything from GM/Ford/DC...especially in an area where a lot of peopel work for the automotive industry, your gonna see a ton of domestic cars around here due to employee pricing etc..

DopeStar 156
11-28-05, 09:56 PM
Forddddddddddddddd. Prolly because in my town there's a small Ford dealer so they ownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

90Brougham350
11-28-05, 10:14 PM
Anything American-made, here in rural Minnesota. Predominantly half-ton pickups, being this huge farming country. Most women drive Olds or Pontiacs. Only the college kids bring the rice, what little there is.

SilverCTS
11-28-05, 10:20 PM
In addition to me, 2 other guys in my development have this. Same exact color.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/silvercts/photoExt3_med.jpg
We drive everyone crazy. So the CTS is probably the most prodominet in my development.

There are 2 new Chevy Surburbans on my cul-de-sac and 2 different kinds of Land Rovers.

1 Saab and several Mercedes..

Lots of Acuras (MDXs,TLs, RLs); including us, we have an MDX as well.

Someone down the street has one of those Lexus SC hardtop convertibles and another person just bought a Jaguar x-type (it is pretty cool).

I almost don't want to say this (because it is going to sound like I live in Beverly Hills), but 1 guy in my development has a Ferrari and a Porsche in his garage. He never drives them anywhere though...

The rest are mostly SUVs and mini vans; they just blend in and aren't really noticeable.

gdwriter
11-28-05, 10:31 PM
Everyday I've been seeing Lexus' plates everywhere!

Well, waddaya expect in Snotsdale, er Scottsdale?

Just kidding, Speedy. I lived in the Phoenix area from 1988-2003, worked in the McCormick Ranch area for several years. It's actually a very nice area, but my house in Chandler was more in my price range. As an aside, I've learned that the house I sold for $138,500 in 2003 would probably sell for $270,000+ now. D'oh!

OK, back to the topic at hand. Like most everybody else, I see lots of Hondas and Toyotas, also a reasonably good number of Subarus. Lots of SUVs. I'd say Chevy and Ford are about even.

As for luxury makes, the most popular are probably BMW, Lexus and Acura. Counting mine, there's maybe 3-5 Cadillacs in the parking lot where I work (at least 200 cars, maybe more).

SpeedyArizona
11-28-05, 10:33 PM
There are 2 new Chevy Surburbans on my cul-de-sac and 2 different kinds of Land Rovers.

1 Saab and several Mercedes..

Lots of Acuras (MDXs,TLs, RLs); including us, we have an MDX as well.

Someone down the street has one of those Lexus SC hardtop convertibles and another person just bought a Jaguar x-type (it is pretty cool).

I almost don't want to say this (because it is going to sound like I live in Beverly Hills), but 1 guy in my development has a Ferrari and a Porsche in his garage. He never drives them anywhere though...

The rest are mostly SUVs and mini vans; they just blend in and aren't really noticeable.

I don't have a clue where you live, but it'd nice living by someone who owns a Ferrari. My community drives mostly Explorers, Navigators, Lexus's, and a couple Cadillacs (that I know of anyways).

I imagine most neighborhoods have those few people that have an extraordinary vehicle. The only one I know of has a '67 Shelby GT350 and a 2002 Porsche 911 S. This guy is a bit older though, probably in his late 40's/early 50's.

Where exactly do you live?

SpeedyArizona
11-28-05, 10:39 PM
Well, waddaya expect in Snotsdale, er Scottsdale?

Just kidding, Speedy. I lived in the Phoenix area from 1988-2003, worked in the McCormick Ranch area for several years. It's actually a very nice area, but my house in Chandler was more in my price range. As an aside, I've learned that the house I sold for $138,500 in 2003 would probably sell for $270,000+ now. D'oh!

I can't believe this rapid market either, when I moved here 7 years ago, my house was around $190,00 and I sold it 3 years ago for $260,000, now it'd be worth nearly $370,000 or so (it was in McCormick Ranch). I live in Grayhawk now, not in a house, but in a condo (more suitable for my bachelor life).

SilverCTS
11-28-05, 10:40 PM
Where exactly do you live?

Southeastern PA.
About 15 miles west of Philly.

Playdrv4me
11-28-05, 11:05 PM
Im not there anymore... but the one place where I *ACTUALLY NOTICED* a predominant influence of a certain vehicle type, rather than just interpreting what i saw from one day to the next was in Scranton, PA.

In Northeast PA SUBARU takes the cake by far. Everyone and there mother has one of those things.

fast66
11-28-05, 11:12 PM
As my neighbor says....."BMW's are the Hondas of La Jolla!"
Lots of Mercedes too. I am the ONLY Caddy in the whole parking garage :eek:

hahah true, i have many old people around me so there are a lot of cadillacs, buicks, and mercedes

gdwriter
11-28-05, 11:24 PM
hahah true, i have many old people around me so there are a lot of cadillacs, buicks, and mercedes

When I went back to West Texas for my 20-year high school reunion last summer, I saw tons of Buicks (including my Mom's 2000 Century). If they sold as well nationwide as they do in Abilene, GM would still have 50% market share.

SilverCTS
11-29-05, 07:21 AM
Im not there anymore... but the one place where I *ACTUALLY NOTICED* a predominant influence of a certain vehicle type, rather than just interpreting what i saw from one day to the next was in Scranton, PA.

In Northeast PA SUBARU takes the cake by far. Everyone and there mother has one of those things.

My mom and dad are from the Scranton area. I still have family up there.

RobertCTS
11-29-05, 08:04 AM
unfortunately a lot of Jap SUVs and a couple of Ford Explorers. I live on a hill top and I guess everyone feels a need for 4WD.

mccombie_5
11-29-05, 01:37 PM
Didnt see this thread........

I live near a Nissan factory, so alot of Nissans, and also Ford Focus and Mondeo, and Vauxhall Astra and Vectra.

Out of all mentioned, this, the Vauxhall Vectra, seems to be the most popular, hell, even I have *sports version* one!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/vxvectraYreg.jpg