: Students!

mccombie_5
11-28-05, 07:09 PM
LOL

I just walked nto my son's room, and found him tending to a shoe on his desk, i was curious to find out what he was doing with a roll of electrical tape and a Converse All Star. He is "repairing" his shoe.

He gets the bus to college most days, so i drop him off at the Metro station, and he gets a metro and a bus from there.

A couple of weeks ago, he got to college for a lesson at 10:45am, and as he was stepping off the bus as the bus driver pulled away. He had one foot on the bus and one off and he ended up on his shin in the mud, his shoe got torn on the pavement, being canvass. Today he suffered snow through the holes, so instead of asking me or Claire for new shoes, hes fixing them student style. It looks interesting to say the least!

Krashed989
11-28-05, 07:25 PM
You know, I saw a student at my old high school. He started his own business putting duct tape on cloathing, coats, wallets, shoes, hats, and pretty much anything you can think of. He's making a killing with doing that, its crazy. He cuts the tape in designs to make it cool and always walks around in his duct taped clothing to advertise it. I have to say, it kinda does look cool though.

mccombie_5
11-28-05, 07:31 PM
It would certainly be interesting to see

It seems to be the way in this country that students never buy anything new, they just fix the old thing, i know i did, its nicve to see the tradition continue.

I also know it is the way with Converse shoes to make them as grubby, dirty raggy torn and as completely cool as possible, I do own a pair of these, as i find they are super comfortable, and mine are as described!

Both mine and my son's Converse look like this.

His have electrical tape on them though :p

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/converse-all_star-hi-black_436x300.jpg

ben72227
11-28-05, 07:39 PM
Converse are definately classic, but nowadays its ALL about the last remaining AMERICAN shoe; New Balance, and the reigning king of shoes, the 574s:

http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/large/2-m574_grey_cl.jpg
(shown in original color style)

mccombie_5
11-28-05, 07:45 PM
I dont usually buy shoes, I have them made for me, but I like Converse.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-28-05, 08:09 PM
well it aint repair unless its usein duct tape ....i dont know how many times "the handimans secret weapon" has saved my ass...everything from broken pipes to a severe lassaration on my right hand was fixed with ducttape .....it bought me 8 hours till i got the balls to go to the doctor ....

mccombie_5
11-28-05, 08:39 PM
well it aint repair unless its usein duct tape ....i dont know how many times "the handimans secret weapon" has saved my ass...everything from broken pipes to a severe lassaration on my right hand was fixed with ducttape .....it bought me 8 hours till i got the balls to go to the doctor ....

Yeah its saved my butt a few times too

Elvis
11-28-05, 08:56 PM
If you wanna make something stop, use duct tape.

If you wanna make something go, use WD40.

slk230mb
11-28-05, 09:14 PM
Converse are definately classic, but nowadays its ALL about the last remaining AMERICAN shoe; New Balance, and the reigning king of shoes, the 574s:

http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/large/2-m574_grey_cl.jpg
(shown in original color style)

I have a flat and wide foot with no arch, :worship: the New Balance 574s.

powerglide
11-28-05, 09:19 PM
My shoes were often taped up too!
(back in my teen days)
I used to skateboard and all those Ollies caused some serious wear on the shoes.
Taped up shoe was a badge of honor :)

http://www.hamsexy.com/dayton007.jpg

PS I had taped up pants too (knees) when I used to ride motorcycles, my knee would rub the asphalt on hard cornering. We crushed steel cans and taped them onto our jeans.....gave off sparks at night!

Jesda
11-28-05, 09:24 PM
I wear whatever costs $10 a pair. I find a way to make it last five or more years.

Someone explain to me why I do this while dumping $10k+ into cars and beer? LOL

Kev
11-28-05, 11:06 PM
Well, you all can thank us Sheet Metal Workers for the duct tape! :) :highfive:

(Your welcome! :rolleyes: )

Stoneage_Caddy
11-28-05, 11:26 PM
damn right ....

RobertCTS
11-29-05, 10:33 AM
My shoes were often taped up too!
(back in my teen days)
I used to skateboard and all those Ollies caused some serious wear on the shoes.
Taped up shoe was a badge of honor :)

http://www.hamsexy.com/dayton007.jpg

PS I had taped up pants too (knees) when I used to ride motorcycles, my knee would rub the asphalt on hard cornering. We crushed steel cans and taped them onto our jeans.....gave off sparks at night!

When I was a Kid we would step on beer cans sideways and they would crush around your foot and stick to your shoes. Made a hell of a lot of noise. We use to put steel taps on our shoe heels and walk down the schools wooden hall ways. They too made sparks at night. God we were stupid.:rolleyes:

tstach
11-29-05, 01:53 PM
I wear whatever costs $10 a pair. I find a way to make it last five or more years.
Someone explain to me why I do this while dumping $10k+ into cars and beer? LOL
Priorities!