: The Lounge Spin-Offs Continue

RobertCTS
11-25-05, 11:46 AM
It appears to be some lost souls from our Lounge seeking something that I'm not sure of. First there was the Camp Stone, then Devil's Lounge. Camp Stone failed. It was replaced with the StoneLounge. http://thestoneagelounge.com/forums/index.php

Splintering the groups into smaller groups like this will lead to failure IMHO.
Sure would be nice for us all to get back together again.:(

Boombotz
11-25-05, 12:17 PM
The reality of the situation is that will probably never happen. Sad but true. The first one, well you know what the problem was there. The Devils Lounge was started after the other was closed. The problem is that many members thought it would follow suit of the first one. I know, I personally wanted no part of that it was a difficult situation. The Stoneage Lounge was started with the help of Sal and is just there to help remove some of the continuous fluff from here. Not that the lounge isn't great and all but sometimes we have to remember this site is here for Cadillac assistance and info first and foremost and BS talk secondary. So it just takes some of the continuous fluff conversation out of here. I think the idea is great and can probably work out well. I am a member of here and at The Stoneage Lounge and enjoy both. Though this site comes first over all others it is nice to have another place to just BS about complete nonsense. So, I personally think that Stoney has his stuff together this time, and will have a very successful site.

Sandy
11-25-05, 03:36 PM
It appears to be some lost souls from our Lounge seeking something that I'm not sure of. First there was the Camp Stone, then Devil's Lounge. Camp Stone failed. It was replaced with the StoneLounge. http://thestoneagelounge.com/forums/index.php

Splintering the groups into smaller groups like this will lead to failure IMHO.
Sure would be nice for us all to get back together again.

I AGREE 100% ~ it is exactly what happened on another site that I USED to go to !
I totally missed Camp Stone AND Devil's lounge! Never heard of them. This one I did, went there, and... oh well.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-25-05, 10:34 PM
its too bad , everything started out with an attempt by me to get everyone back together .....it never worked , never will , but ill keep working away with the new lounge ....doesnt matter to me if it takes off or not ....just a side project for me ...

simple idea on paper , but all its done is splinter the groups further ....

all my stuff is togther ....now i just gotta figure out where i put it

Kev
11-25-05, 10:55 PM
I think it's a good effort Stoney and I applaud your intentions.
It's tough (impossible really) to keep everyone happy. I recall before the "split" quite a few complaints about non-car/Caddilac material and antics here in the Lounge. Now when an alternative is provided there are rumblings against it (nothing personal to you Robert or Sandy).

The first attempt obviously didn't work out. I saw how it was going and kept a distance because it wasn't my style. I know nothing of 'Devil's Lounge'.
I am very glad to see that Stoney has worked this through with Sal and has his assistance in the venture. That's the way to do it IMO. It may not work out as planned or it may catch on and be a fun place to establish internet friendships.

This site (CF) is Blue Chip all the way and I enjoy the information, material and interaction. It's an excellent place to learn about our cars and each other but it is (wisely) limited in the topics of conversation. There are times when folks might like to share more aspects of themselves, different ideas on current events, sports, politics, religion, etc. that are not appropriate here.

If a spin-off Lounge can accomplish that while maintaining harmony with this site I say; "More power to it!"

SpeedyArizona
11-26-05, 01:38 AM
Go Stoney's Lounge! Stoney has some Moderating positions available, so I'd join and apply now!

http://thestoneagelounge.com/forums/index.php

ben72227
11-26-05, 01:51 AM
Hmmm. I wasn't aware that we had a "splinter group" anyway...Oh well:rolleyes:
If they don't want to hang out here anymore, fine with me...Less BS and more decent topics...BTW, whatever happened to a certain Canuck that filled this place up with Smut pictures all the time?

j/k - I don't care!:lildevil: I hope he never comes back either:annoyed:

gdwriter
11-26-05, 01:57 AM
Well said, Kev. You are truly one of the wise men around here (even though you nominated an Edsel and a Citroen 2CV on the best looking cars thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57588&page=2&highlight=beautiful+cars)).

Elvis
11-26-05, 06:53 PM
I already visit two forums regularly and that's probably one and a half too many.

RobertCTS
11-26-05, 10:00 PM
I already visit two forums regularly and that's probably one and a half too many.

I agree. To many forums to keep up with IMO.

Elvis
11-26-05, 10:54 PM
I agree. To many forums to keep up with IMO.

However, I still tried to register at the new one. The activation e-mail still hasn't come. :(

powerglide
11-27-05, 03:50 AM
Too bad it had to happen this way.
It was done out of good intentions.
The current incarnation makes the most sense IMHO, as it allows for the spin-off/unloading of some materials that may not be appropriate for CF and Sals vision of this place. I'm over there and over here, its shaping up to be a very nice place. Fine if you want to hate on it, but no need to bash it. Stoney et al are providing a great service. Thanks Stoney, Sal, Devillish and others for providing us with yet another free option!

Jesda
11-27-05, 05:38 AM
I believe general discussion brings people together.
Technical sections are the main attraction that bring people back, but its hardly a community without a little nonsensical babble.

slk230mb
11-27-05, 10:11 AM
I believe general discussion brings people together.
Technical sections are the main attraction that bring people back, but its hardly a community without a little nonsensical babble.

And you can't forget those witty quips Jesda. :D

Boombotz
11-27-05, 10:28 AM
However, I still tried to register at the new one. The activation e-mail still hasn't come. :(

Let Stoney know if you don't recieve it!

mccombie_5
11-27-05, 10:51 AM
Let Stoney know if you don't recieve it!

Mine went into my junk email folder

RobertCTS
11-27-05, 01:24 PM

I was notified in less than one minute. You had to reply back for it to activate. I would say your attempt failed and maybe try it over?

DopeStar 156
11-27-05, 02:38 PM
I'm on Devil's Lounge and Stoneage Lounge and also here. I mainly used this place for tech help if I needed it and if a topic in the lounge sparked my interest and I had something to say, I'd say it. I'm not partial to any specific one. It all boils down to one thing.

MESSAGE BOARDS ARE FUN.

RobertCTS
11-27-05, 03:29 PM
It's kinda like Friday Night when I was younger and we all would go Bar Hopping. Now I've elevated to Lounge hopping!:D

Elvis
11-27-05, 07:52 PM
Still hasn't come through. I don't have time to do it again anyway.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-27-05, 07:53 PM
thought i fixed it ...

addison_ii
11-27-05, 09:10 PM
I am a member at Stoneage Lounge, Devil's Lounge and Cadillac Forums. Cadillac Forums has and will always be my place to visit because it has introduced me to all my new friends and saved me loads of cash on repairs to my Cadillac. I support the other forums because they give us an opportunity to be wild. CF is like home, you have a good time and get good info and it's just great overall. SL and DL are like when you get your own place for the first time. You can say whatever(within reason) and tell stories about taking 10 tequilla shots and the results(in graphic form)about what happened with you, the strippers, and the club bathroom. :D