: need info on 26 inch rims help

clubrph
11-24-05, 01:35 AM
hello i'm new here to this forums, can anyone with 26 inch rims on their ride give me some info.....what offset did you go? i got a 15+ offset....will they rub? and when you put them on did they rub? any interior wheel well modifications? and how is the ride? :hmm:

Sky High Ent.
12-03-05, 06:44 PM
Yeah , I'm curious too. There are some 26's on Craigslist right now for 4300 I was thinking about picking up. Didn't want to get them If they rub a lot or I have to do any major work

vietfob714
12-03-05, 09:01 PM
you just got some 24s didnt u?

Sky High Ent.
12-03-05, 11:09 PM
you just got some 24s didnt u?
yea i did. I thought this was a good deal tho.

ILLNALI
12-04-05, 12:20 AM
You will have to do some minor trimming on the front fender liners....Also the drivers side is gonna rub especially when you back up(on the winsheild washer reservoir). 2 fixes: Pull it real hard and ziptie it tight away from the rubbing area - or replace the reservoir with an older moder chevy blazer/jimmy. Mine was a from a 96 blazer.
In the rear you will need to resecure (tack up) the fender liners tighter to the truck as well.
26" rims and tires overall diameter is about only 1/2" taller than 24" So you will be fine.

My truck is lowered Mcguaghy's 2/3 w/ 26's and there is no more rubbing.

15 offset should be fine.. I have seen most truck wheels between 10-20 with no problems.

ILLNALI
12-04-05, 12:25 AM
the ride quality is not as good as 24's or 22's, but it is not bad. I like to make the analogy of = to the ride of a civic/integra/accord lowered on 18's. Not saying the actual ride quality of one of these hondas. But it is about the same amount of change from the stock ride...???? If you can understand what I mean???

jahngga
12-30-05, 02:39 AM
You will have to do some minor trimming on the front fender liners....Also the drivers side is gonna rub especially when you back up(on the winsheild washer reservoir). 2 fixes: Pull it real hard and ziptie it tight away from the rubbing area - or replace the reservoir with an older moder chevy blazer/jimmy. Mine was a from a 96 blazer.
In the rear you will need to resecure (tack up) the fender liners tighter to the truck as well.
26" rims and tires overall diameter is about only 1/2" taller than 24" So you will be fine.

My truck is lowered Mcguaghy's 2/3 w/ 26's and there is no more rubbing.

15 offset should be fine.. I have seen most truck wheels between 10-20 with no problems.

Illnali, could you post pics with the 26's with the 2/3 drop? I wanted to see what the wheel gap looked like.